Caribbean Princess is home for the Season (Also just returned from her Repo)

CruiseAdict218

My family and I had a wonderful time, while somethings were a bit bad at first it turned out to be a great cruise. I will also try to post a review with some pictures later. But some quick notes:

• Embarkation went pretty good but getting from the port to airport was a bit chaotic with all the traffic
  • Our first room was a disaster, will explain later but got switched
  • The ship it's self was great but needs a dry dock ASAP
  • Disembarkation not my favorite with all the waiting just to get off

But the Caribbean is deffinatly my favorite destination

We too were on this sailing....

It is hard to read between the lines with what you liked or did not like.... But your review will tell all.

We left the pier today with a hired car from NY to CT so our embarkment was pretty smooth.... As far as the ship, never being on the Caribbean Princess before we absolutley loved it....

Our room stewart was awesome, as was our balcony room.... We only saw her in the hallways but everything was perfect!! LOL, that is one small shower but we got past it.

Another first for us was Vines and the International Cafe, both great. The first night on board I loved the seafod buffet.... Ya know we have been on 20 or so cruises, this was our 5th with Princess. We have a feel for what to expect and from day one to day seven, we were quite happy and ended our vaca on a positive note.....

Like the first poster, in time, we too will post our review but I wanted to just give a short blurb that once again, Princess did not disappoint.

Great Vaction, Great Staff, Great Ship...All was pretty awesome in our eyes. All that is left to do is diet away the 4 pounds I gained....

No was not crab legs, they served Lobster claws with tons of fresh drawn butter over them.... The shrimp was really awesome too... and then we also had very good crab cakes... Walking around the decks around 11:00 or so, still people were eating the claws, so no need to rush.

For us this was a great way to ease into the cruise, and the seafood buffet did not disappoint...

LOL, the best buffet thing however was the rice pudding each morning and lunch time. I have no idea how I am going to survive without this super treat going forward.....

Just me but I give a thumbs up to skip the dining room for this first night treat!!

Sorry I was thinking of putting spaces but forgot and I think its just general dry dock; nothing big is planned atleast as far as I know

Also I'm pretty sure I recevied almost if not all Princess Platters and I have the full set of Menus as well. If requested I'll post that tomorrow evening

My family and I had a wonderful time, while somethings were a bit bad at first it turned out to be a great cruise. I will also try to post a review with some pictures later. But some quick notes:

• Embarkation went pretty good but getting from the port to airport was a bit chaotic with all the traffic
  • Our first room was a disaster, will explain later but got switched
  • The ship it's self was great but needs a dry dock ASAP
  • Disembarkation not my favorite with all the waiting just to get off

But the Caribbean is deffinatly my favorite destination

It should say from the airport to the Port/Pier

Sorry I was thinking of putting spaces but forgot and I think its just general dry dock; nothing big is planned atleast as far as I know

Also I'm pretty sure I recevied almost if not all Princess Platters and I have the full set of Menus as well. If requested I'll post that tomorrow evening

Please do! Please do!!!

Thank you. :-)

Thank you for your thoughts ...we are sailing on CB 5/26 and wondering what the shows were inthe theatre..since we are elite members and sail Princess often we have seen most of the entertainment before. ...hoping for new production shows on this voyage...Any help with this answer? Thank you!

Thank you for your thoughts ...we are sailing on CB 5/26 and wondering what the shows were inthe theatre..since we are elite members and sail Princess often we have seen most of the entertainment before. ...hoping for new production shows on this voyage...Any help with this answer? Thank you!

RoePost, we're on the same sailing as you. If you haven't already, hope you will join our roll call!

Sharon & Jerry

The CB sails from New York on October 29th, to Fort Lauderdale on November 8th.

Nothing on the Princess schedule indicates any cruise activity until Sunday November 20th, when she'll depart from San Juan.

Betcha' she's headed to Freeport for a little work!

The meet and greet was well attended by the cruisers but, not one single member of the staff attended!! This has never happened before on any cruise that we have been on, no matter the line.

When the main desk was asked where the M & G was they knew nothing. No set up for coffee or anything - where was Princess?

That is what the crew was saying last week. I believe I also saw those dates on an older thread.

I hope Princess chooses to do a presentation similar to the coverage they just provided for the 'Grands' drydocking.

We'll be on the Caribbean Princess in 2 weeks.

Does anyone know what is the latest time you can get off the ship when disembarking?

Need to give car service a time to pick us up at the pier in Brooklyn.

Thanks!

Minette

We arranged for 9am pickup and got outside around 9:15. There seemed to be some issues debarking as our group was in the Coral room at 8am as requested and we didn't leave till almost 9. The crew would pop in and ask us to be patient as there was a slight delay; not sure what the issue was.

Does anyone know what is the latest time you can get off the ship when disembarking?

Not sure what the "qualifications" are for waiting to get off vs. based upon your group color/number but we were sitting with people who were in the last group off (which was for Princess hotel stays) and belive I remember it was listed at 10:10AM. We were about mid-way through the groups and they were running about 45 minutes late at that time.

We arranged for 9am pickup and got outside around 9:15. There seemed to be some issues debarking as our group was in the Coral room at 8am as requested and we didn't leave till almost 9. The crew would pop in and ask us to be patient as there was a slight delay; not sure what the issue was.

Thanks so much for your quick answer. I think we'll arrange a 9:30 AM pickup, just in case there are any problems. Also we want to have breakfast in Dr (if we can) that day, & want to take our time.

Minette

Not sure what the "qualifications" are for waiting to get off vs. based upon your group color/number but we were sitting with people who were in the last group off (which was for Princess hotel stays) and belive I remember it was listed at 10:10AM. We were about mid-way through the groups and they were running about 45 minutes late at that time.

Thanks for your reply.

I guess around 10 AM is the latest we could get off the ship, unless they start running late. I will ask at Purser's Desk for latest disembarkation. I'll arrange to have car service at pier between 9:30 - 10 AM. Just have to figure out which time to tell them.

Minette

The meet and greet was well attended by the cruisers but, not one single member of the staff attended!! This has never happened before on any cruise that we have been on, no matter the line.

When the main desk was asked where the M & G was they knew nothing. No set up for coffee or anything - where was Princess?

The same thing happened on our CB cruise last August. Someone from our role call emailed Liz (the appropriate contact person) beforehand to set it up, and Liz replied that she would make all the arrangements for us according to Princess' policy (that the cruiseline now sets everything up, not the roll call), and we would receive an announcement of time/date/place once onboard, as well as a listing in the patters. Well, on the ship, no one knew anything about it. Nothing was announced or arranged. Liz really dropped the ball on this for us.

Archived