Just wondering about this site.....

MzChris87

This was my original post:

Hey guys. So we are a group of 12 traveling on victory July 17th. We are all between the ages of 24 and 27. This is the first cruise for many of the others but the first time some of us are cruising without our parents. Here are a few questions we have. Thanx in advance for the positive replies.

1- has anyone been in the 6th floor aft balconies? If so, what are ur views (specifically dealing with the noise from the club below and ppl dropping things on ur balcony from above).

2- are the premium balcony cabins in the aft part of the ship bigger than the other balcony cabins (will 4 fit comfy?) also I read on here people complaining of the scapping noises from the lido deck, is it really that bad?

3- has anyone ever checked in early enough to get a free upgrade (is that even possible?)

4- can we buy a case of water for multiple rooms or does each room have to carry it one themselves?

5- has anyone stayed at Le Consulat? Are they strict on the number of guest per room?

6- has anyone travel with a group this size and was able to sit all together in the MDR?

7- cruisecritc question: what does DD and DH mean?

Those are my questions for now. I'll add more as I get them from my group.

I see that someone answered 4 of your 7 questions about the Victory sailing and that there were about 11 responses to your other question.

A couple of things may have happened to your posts. Sometimes questions can be too specific and there either isn't anyone that can answer it, or they aren't on the boards when your thread is active. Once you post moves down a couple of pages it likely won't get viewed by anyway.

If you still have some questions from the list of 7 you can either start a new thread and ask them again, or if you post in that thread again it will move it back to the top of the list.

Hope this helps!

I see you have copied the questions here. You may find now that you won't get the response you are looking for because the title of this thread is about this site - not about your questions.

"Unfortunately" we don't plan on smuggling. But if we did I see that thereof plenty advice on here as to how to do it :) And we pretty much got the dress code lock down.

Sorry but I'm just not clear on what your asking about the case of water......if your asking if you can carry on for instance one case of water and then split it between two rooms, you shouldn't have any problem doing that......you shouldn't have a problem taking on a case of water per room either.

If that doesn't answer your ? you might want to clarify it on your other post. Have a great cruise with you friends!

Each pax is allowed to carry on 12 nonalchoholic drinks .. if they board together than they can bring them on together.

We had a group for early dinner of 13 on the cruise I just got off of. They put 8 chairs at a table by the window, plus a booth for 6 across from it. We got split up. No one can say for sure if you will or will not, but its hard to sit 12 together.

Its not possible to check in early and get a free upgrade .. or all us VIPs would have already snatched them up by the time you'all board. Carnival doesnt do upgrades onboard, and says they sail full, dont ask in FAQs and a sign at the purser's desk. If they do have a cabin, you would pay full price to upgrade.

Bring ear plugs if you are over a lounge?? It will get quiet eventually.

T

1- has anyone been in the 6th floor aft balconies? If so, what are ur views (specifically dealing with the noise from the club below and ppl dropping things on ur balcony from above).

The 6th "deck" is called the Upper deck. It depends on what cabin you have. Do you have cabins across the back of the ship or on the side? If any cabin is above a stage area it will be noisy (very noisy) the cabins across the back are above the seating area and you should not get noise from that area.

2- are the premium balcony cabins in the aft part of the ship bigger than the other balcony cabins (will 4 fit comfy?) also I read on here people complaining of the scapping noises from the lido deck, is it really that bad?

The cabins on the back do NOT accomadate 4 people. When booking your cabin make sure that the ones you are booking has 4 beds- roll aways are allowed on this class ship and take up precious floor space.

3- has anyone ever checked in early enough to get a free upgrade (is that even possible?)

Ships sail at full- no upgrades are available on the day of sailing. There is an upgrade fairy that calls people to ask if they want to pay for them

5- has anyone stayed at Le Consulat? Are they strict on the number of guest per room?

fire rules state the number of people who stay in a hotel room

6- has anyone travel with a group this size and was able to sit all together in the MDR? Do not take any time dining-- more then likely you wil be at two tables of 6. Table seat 10

have a great cruise-- answers above

See notes inside

This was my original post:

Hey guys. So we are a group of 12 traveling on victory July 17th. We are all between the ages of 24 and 27. This is the first cruise for many of the others but the first time some of us are cruising without our parents. Here are a few questions we have. Thanx in advance for the positive replies.

I wish I could help here. Most noise from above is very limited unless you are directly under the main pool. I have never seen a report of things being dropped on a balcony, though I have seen reports of soot from the stack ending up on a balcony. Looking at the deck plan, it seems you are over a bar, not a disco you you should probably have a pretty quiet cabin.

Most cabins are pretty much the same size. Four adults is going to be tight unless you are in a suite. Unless you are directly under the Lido deck you will not hear any scrapping, and since you are on deck 6 ( or so it seems) you will not hear anything from the Lido deck.

Upgrades are not given. if you want an upgrade the only way to get it is to pay ahead of time.

4- can we buy a case of water for multiple rooms or does each room have to carry it one themselves?

Each person is limited (at least i theory) to 12 non alcoholic drinks. My question is why bother. Ships water is purer than what you get out of those bottles. I suggest taking a water bottle and filling it at the restaurant on the Lido deck.

Reading the reviews, it seems to me that the rooms are small, so you may not have any choice but to go by the rules.

6- has anyone travel with a group this size and was able to sit all together in the MDR?

If they have tables for 12 you will be together IF your reservations are linked. It is more likely that you get broken up into two groups of 6.

7- cruisecritc question: what does DD and DH mean?

DD = Darling Daughter

DH = Darling Husband

or Dear or some other term of endearment that starts with a D

Those are my questions for now. I'll add more as I get them from my group.

Sorry but I'm just not clear on what your asking about the case of water......if your asking if you can carry on for instance one case of water and then split it between two rooms, you shouldn't have any problem doing that......you shouldn't have a problem taking on a case of water per room either.

If that doesn't answer your ? you might want to clarify it on your other post. Have a great cruise with you friends!

That was exactly what I was asking. Thank you :)

Thank you for all of your responses.

I asked about the hotel because I originally booked two rooms which hold a maximum of 6 people each. We only had 9 people at that time so I was just wondering if I should bother even calling now that we are 12 and the rooms will hold us all.

The three upper level aft balconies (very back) that we originally had we no longer have. We now are on the empress deck in the aft balconies. I also booked a premium balcony on the 8th deck in the aft section. When I booked my pvp said it would hold four people. Should I call and reconfirm this?

We booked last June (as this is my dads graduation gift to me). Since then we all have gotten 2 free upgrades and obc. We all booked cabins in 8D with one being an inside. This is where the upgrade question came from since we seen to have been on a roll with the upgrades.

Again, I thank you all for your responses. :D

You have 3 cabins with 4 people each- have you priced the difference to do 4 cabins at 3 people.

4 females in one cabin is going to be way too tight. Only one vanity. No outlet in the bathroom and one outlet at that vanity- 4 women getting ready for dinner is a nightmare waiting to happen.

the premium balcony on deck 8 - 8422 or 8427 hold 2 people- (maybe 3 with a roll away.

You do NOT want a rollway if you are putting all those people in one cabin.

Please call and confirm this.

Are y ou checking prices to see if it comes down any?

PS- i can not imagine a hotel room holding 6 people-- unless 4 of them are very small children,. Please check this again

There is only one room with 4 people. The premium. The other 4 cabins have 2 people each (3 extended aft balconies and one cabin on the rivera deck). We aren't worried about them getting ready because they can always come to one of the cabins with 2 people. I was just wondering about the size of the room because the map looks like it's a bigger room than the other balconies.

For the hotel. When I booked over the phone they told me it can hold 6 adults. One sofa bed and 2 queen beds.

a cabin is 185 sq feet total-

Pictures you see online shows the layouts.

I am so happy to hear only two people in a room.

Remember there is always the gym/spa area which have better showers.

2296470400072705681zdWXLQ_th.jpg

Now if one of the premium balcony is the wrap around corner (which is a 9A)

542210496PtykxS_th.jpg

you all will have plenty of space out there to spread out and relax

Thanx for the pictures

a cabin is 185 sq feet total-

Pictures you see online shows the layouts.

I am so happy to hear only two people in a room.

Remember there is always the gym/spa area which have better showers.

2296470400072705681zdWXLQ_th.jpg

Now if one of the premium balcony is the wrap around corner (which is a 9A)

542210496PtykxS_th.jpg

you all will have plenty of space out there to spread out and relax

Archived