Hyatt Help Please

Willbcruisin

Hi All:

We are Marriott Reward Members so always stay at Marriott's in FLL & MIA.

We love Marriott Harbor Beach in FLL and Courtyard Miami Oceanfront in MIA.

Now we are looking into Hyatt's as I have two free nights at a Hyatt property. I have read so many mixed reviews my head is spinning.

So what's your favorite Hyatt in FLL and what's your favorite Hyatt in MIA and why?

We do not need shuttles or transfers.

Thanks in advance, looking forward to your replies.

There's a large Hyatt in downtown Miami very close to POM -- they get lots of meetings and conventions there and I'm not sure I'd want to vacation for 2 days anywhere in downtown Miami, but for free it should be very nice. Good luck! :)

There's a large Hyatt in downtown Miami very close to POM -- they get lots of meetings and conventions there and I'm not sure I'd want to vacation for 2 days anywhere in downtown Miami, but for free it should be very nice. Good luck! :)

Thanks John!

I think we would like to stay away from the downtown area. We prefer to be by the beach and have waterfront type eating places around.

We are looking to use the free nights pre cruise.

In Fort Lauderdale consider the Pier 66 Hotel. I prefer the garden rooms rather than the tower.

Is your reward good at Hotel Victor? If so you could consider Hotel Victor at South Beach.

Keith

Thank you Keith. I have read the opposite about tower and garden rooms?? That's why I am so confused.

I will have to look at Hotel Victor and then call to see if my 2 nights are honored there? I think you must have mentioned it as it must be a higher end Hyatt or a partner property?

Thanks again!

So what's your favorite Hyatt in FLL ...........................?

It would have to be Pier 66. Fantastic pool area, food on site, access to Sun Trolley, water taxi, and the #40 Bus. The last three for going to the beach and/or Beach Place. We like the garden rooms, but they do have an outside entrance. If you like the security of an inside entrance and security at the elevator, go with the tower rooms.

It would have to be Pier 66. Fantastic pool area, food on site, access to Sun Trolley, water taxi, and the #40 Bus. The last three for going to the beach and/or Beach Place. We like the garden rooms, but they do have an outside entrance. If you like the security of an inside entrance and security at the elevator, go with the tower rooms.

Thanks KreinKrunker!

I am familiar with Hyatt 66 location and agree it's excellent, just confused about the room. I really appreciate your reply! So now two votes for garden rooms!

Keep them coming folks!

Thanks John!

I think we would like to stay away from the downtown area. We prefer to be by the beach and have waterfront type eating places around.

We are looking to use the free nights pre cruise.

If you stay at Pier 66, there is a casual waterfront restaurant that I like on the property called Pelican's Landing all the way down at the end of the pier .

Thanks Royal! I was hoping you would reply. We have taken the water taxi around and stopped there. I like it also.

I guess I am really looking for the "condition" of the rooms and how a Hyatt compares to the Marriott's we stay at.

We also have water taxi vouchers I purchased on Groupon!

We have to stop at Coconuts every time in FLL, love it there and crave their blue scoobies.

Thanks Royal! I was hoping you would reply. We have taken the water taxi around and stopped there. I like it also.

I guess I am really looking for the "condition" of the rooms and how a Hyatt compares to the Marriott's we stay at.

We also have water taxi vouchers I purchased on Groupon!

We have to stop at Coconuts every time in FLL, love it there and crave their blue scoobies.

Coconuts is actually my favorite waterfront spot in Fort Lauderdale. It's so nice to watch the sun set from there.

Archived