Booking a Cruise on a Cruse

Ashley8053

Hi there, I've been on a few RC cruises and I know that they offer times where you can sit down with a vacation planner and book your next RC Cruise on board. I know from family members who have done this that they offer some pretty great incentives to doing this.

I am going on a Princess cruise this August and I was wondering if they do the same thing? I am interested in a 2012 European tour and I was thinking about booking it while on board in Alaska if possible. Does anyone know if Princess does this, and if so, what kind of incentives are offered?

Thanks!

Hi there, I've been on a few RC cruises and I know that they offer times where you can sit down with a vacation planner and book your next RC Cruise on board. I know from family members who have done this that they offer some pretty great incentives to doing this.

I am going on a Princess cruise this August and I was wondering if they do the same thing? I am interested in a 2012 European tour and I was thinking about booking it while on board in Alaska if possible. Does anyone know if Princess does this, and if so, what kind of incentives are offered?

Thanks!

Princess does book cruises while on board but it is easier and faster to purchase future cruise credits for $100 each and book when you get home. You can go through your travel agent or directly through Princess. The $100 future cruise credit will be the only deposit you need until final payment. Depending on the length of the cruise and the stateroom location (inside or outside) you will also receive an On Board Credit. For a 7-9 day cruise the on board credit is $25 for an inside stateroom and $50 for and outside stateroom. 10-15 days is $75 and $100. 16+ days is $125 and $150. You need to purchase an FCC for each person limited to the first two passengers per stateroom. You will each receive an on board credit. If you are traveling with children and you share a room the children will not qualify and you will have to leave the appropriate % deposit for each child at the time of booking. The future cruise credit can only be purchased while sailing on Princess and you can not purchase additional ones for those who are not sailing with you at the time of the purchase.

The future cruise credit is also refundable up to 4 yrs should you change your mind.

We've put down open deposits and booked specific cruises. I don't think the future cruise consultants on board have access to specials that you could not get otherwise. But sometimes they'll know of bargains that you or your TA might not have found on your own.

We booked a Princess cruise while onboard and got so many OBC's. Once home, we transferred the booking to mour TA. Not only did we lock into a better category cabin for a lower price, but we also received more OBC's from the TA.

I think it's a great idea to do this.

The only Princess incentives for booking onboard are the OBCs noted above that come with the future cruise booking. Pricing is exactly the same as what you would see if you logged in at Princess yourself.

My suggestion, like Mike's, is to not waste time making a specific booking onboard, just fill out the slip of paper for however many FCCs you want, drop it on the box and continue with your vacation. When you get home, call up your favorite discount agent and make your booking.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate all of your help! The OBC is a nice perk, and the purchasing of Future Cruise Credits sounds like a good plan. I think before I leave I will check with my travel agent on her prices and then see what Princess offers, just to compare.

Appreciate all of your help and advice!

Archived