Oasis Why 4 BW balconies not available?

Anyone care to surmise why I cannot find available to book one of the four closest Boardwalk Balcony cabins (B1) closest to the Aquatheater, regardless of floor? Am looking Spring or Fall 2012, and have searched numerous cruise Web sites with no luck. Thanks for your help!

Anyone care to surmise why I cannot find available to book one of the four closest Boardwalk Balcony cabins (B1) closest to the Aquatheater, regardless of floor? Am looking Spring or Fall 2012, and have searched numerous cruise Web sites with no luck. Thanks for your help!

Probably because they are the first to sell. They have the best Aqua Theater and ocean views.

Could it be you are only seeing some of what is available?? If there are a certain number available, you sometimes have to call to see what else you cant see that is still unbooked.

RCL and TA sites only show so many available.

When you are on the RC website, put the exact cabin number into the search bar when you are in the reservation process. Sometimes the 'better cabins' eg JS 1100, connectings, etc, will not come up unless you specifically put it into the search.

So go to the booking page, put in BW balcony, then click "change your stateroom", then put B1 in 'all deckplan codes' then hit 'change cabin' a 'search cabin' window will come up. Put in your cabin number, such as 10329. I just did it for 24 June 2012 and 10329 was available. 8329 also available. 9329 was NOT available. etc.

Available cabins

4/7/2012 12329 & 11329

4/14/2012 12329 & 11329 & 11729

4/21/2012 12329 & 11329 & 11729

I quit after looking at three cruises, looks like a lot of them are open

We were looking for a specific aft js corner cabin (on a different RCI ship) and it did not show up on the website. We were only able to book the cabin we wanted when we called our travel agent.

I got next to last B1 for our Allure cruise. It is in Oct. this year, and I booked it in Nov/of last year. 11 months out.

I had a regular balcony booked for our Serenade cruise and found out from our roll call someone had upgraded and the corner aft became available, so I switched cabins and got the corner aft cabin.

We were looking for a specific aft js corner cabin (on a different RCI ship) and it did not show up on the website. We were only able to book the cabin we wanted when we called our travel agent.

Did you put the cabin number in the search cabin feature? Or did you just look at what came up?

Available cabins

4/7/2012 12329 & 11329

4/14/2012 12329 & 11329 & 11729

4/21/2012 12329 & 11329 & 11729

I quit after looking at three cruises, looks like a lot of them are open

Thanks for all the great input. Searching the specific room I want did the trick.

I love CruiseCritic!

Did you put the cabin number in the search cabin feature? Or did you just look at what came up?

I did put in the specific cabin number - tried both aft junior suite cabins as we wanted a cabin with the the wrap around balcony.

I did put in the specific cabin number - tried both aft junior suite cabins as we wanted a cabin with the the wrap around balcony.

I wonder why. I recently booked JS1100, although it wasn't showing up, by putting the cabin number in the search bar. It will come up in the area below the cabin they have selected for you. You then have to click on it again in order to be able to book it.

Various things can mess you up, such as not being in the exact category you are requesting, or not realizing that the cabin number has in fact come up beneath the 'chosen cabin'.

I find the booking process on the Royal Caribbean website very cumbersome and not user-friendly.

I wonder why. I recently booked JS1100, although it wasn't showing up, by putting the cabin number in the search bar. It will come up in the area below the cabin they have selected for you. You then have to click on it again in order to be able to book it.

Various things can mess you up, such as not being in the exact category you are requesting, or not realizing that the cabin number has in fact come up beneath the 'chosen cabin'.

I find the booking process on the Royal Caribbean website very cumbersome and not user-friendly.

Not sure why but it did not come up. I was searching for the specific cabin and category type but it kept returning a different cabin. I have been successful in the past with this type of search, so I have no idea why it didn't work this time.

I would say it doesn't hurt to have your travel agent check if you are not successful on-line and have a specific cabin request. In the end we are very happy that we got what we wanted!

I agree that it is sometimes frustrating using the RCI website.

I am sure the absolute aft BW balconies are great...but...we had a cabin about 9 away from the aft, and tho we could see the theatre, etc. I felt as if I was in the middle of a crowded high rise apartment in New York City. There is absolutely no privacy at all, and other than seeing part of the wake and the theatre , the view is primarily of others balconies and a rather deserted boardwalk. I sorely missed the ocean view, feeling the nite wind, the privacy,etc.

Those BW balconies are also stuffy, hot, and not relaxing. If you enjoy watching other people in their cabins than it is fine, but privacy...there is none. The Oasis is absolutely the best ship I have ever been on, wonderful and fun and will sail on the Allure next...but...in an oceanfront balcony.

So go to the booking page, put in BW balcony, then click "change your stateroom", then put B1 in 'all deckplan codes' then hit 'change cabin' a 'search cabin' window will come up. Put in your cabin number, such as 10329. I just did it for 24 June 2012 and 10329 was available. 8329 also available. 9329 was NOT available. etc.

Good info thanks for posting it.

• 3 months later...
I am sure the absolute aft BW balconies are great...but...we had a cabin about 9 away from the aft, and tho we could see the theatre, etc. I felt as if I was in the middle of a crowded high rise apartment in New York City. There is absolutely no privacy at all, and other than seeing part of the wake and the theatre , the view is primarily of others balconies and a rather deserted boardwalk. I sorely missed the ocean view, feeling the nite wind, the privacy,etc.

Those BW balconies are also stuffy, hot, and not relaxing. If you enjoy watching other people in their cabins than it is fine, but privacy...there is none. The Oasis is absolutely the best ship I have ever been on, wonderful and fun and will sail on the Allure next...but...in an oceanfront balcony.

Thanks for your advice. We've booked an Oceanview Balcony for some privacy and a place to get away from the throngs.

Archived