Saltzburg - Linz - AMA

briody

I am going to take the optional excursion on AMA for Saltzburg but I see we do not leave Linz till midnight. When I get back from the excursion do they give you dinner late? Will I have time to go into town? I am sure everything is closed but maybe take the bikes and do a quick run?

What do you think?

Briody:cool:

I am going to take the optional excursion on AMA for Saltzburg but I see we do not leave Linz till midnight. When I get back from the excursion do they give you dinner late? Will I have time to go into town? I am sure everything is closed but maybe take the bikes and do a quick run?

What do you think?

We did an AMA Salzburg excursion, which was very nice, that arrived back at the ship in time for dinner at the normal time. I think that the ship leaves at midnight probably because they will bring on local entertainment for the evening.

When I was there last month they brought on Sounds of Austria for the evening entertainment. They were great. You will love Salzburg. I had been there before so I did Cesly Krumlov and loved it. You will love your cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

What do you think?

Just back from Budapest to Prague on the Amalegro. We did the extra excursion to Saltzburg, but if memory serves, at Linz we left the ship and those not going saw Linz and the ship went on to Passau......and we met up there??? can it be, it is all a blur,lol. One inexpected thing was a stop along the way to Salzburg in a cute little lake town called Mondsee. It was just beautiful, my favorite place. It was a great little community where the people where bike riding and sailing on the lake. And when we met back at the ship, we were there in time for dinner.

I can tell you that you will have plenty of time after supper to wander into town which is 2 blocks from the pier. There is a nice town square and theatre to walk by in addition to the house Mozart stayed at when he wrote the Linz Symphony. As usual, if you choose to go on the walk, you may miss some or all of the on board entertainment. If you have the energy, it is usually more memorable to walk into town in my opinion.

Archived