Next Cruise Credit - transferring to TA

We just got back from the Allure and while onboard we purchased the Next Cruise Credits so that we'd get the $100 OBC for our next cruise plus reduced deposit.

After we decide on a cruise and book with RC, can we transfer to a TA - keeping the $100 OBC and receiving any perks that the TA may be offering (more OBC, prepaid gratuities, etc)?

We just got back from the Allure and while onboard we purchased the Next Cruise Credits so that we'd get the $100 OBC for our next cruise plus reduced deposit.

After we decide on a cruise and book with RC, can we transfer to a TA - keeping the $100 OBC and receiving any perks that the TA may be offering (more OBC, prepaid gratuities, etc)?

yes but it must be transfered within 60 days

yes but it must be transfered within 60 days

Is that 60 days from purchasing the Next Cruise Credit (so we have to pick a cruise now) or 60 days from when we finally pick a cruise and actually book it with RC?

Thank you for your response :D

Yes, within 60 days from the date you purchased on board. That rule started about last Oct. But you do NOT have to pick a cruise in order to transfer the Next Cruise booking. I do this all the time.

Yes, within 60 days from the date you purchased on board. That rule started about last Oct. But you do NOT have to pick a cruise in order to transfer the Next Cruise booking. I do this all the time.

Maybe I'm confused. I thought I read here somewhere that the 60 days started when you first assigned a specific cruise to the NC.

Maybe I'm confused. I thought I read here somewhere that the 60 days started when you first assigned a specific cruise to the NC.

That's what I was thinking as well. Here's what I think: You buy the certificate on board that secures you a spot on some undecided cruise in the future. Once you figure out what that cruise is, you have 60 days to transfer this booking to a travel agent.

For a NextCruise the clock starts ticking from the date it is converted (changed into a specific cruise) and not the date is was created (purchased on board)

For a NextCruise the clock starts ticking from the date it is converted (changed into a specific cruise) and not the date is was created (purchased on board)

Thanks Patti, I thought I remember you saying that before.

Bob

So is it possible to book onboard and get the $100 OBC and then leave it open. Then transfer it to a TA and book a specific cruise during the WOW sale and get the OBC they offer through that?

Or can you only get whatever extra perk the TA is offering?

So is it possible to book onboard and get the $100 OBC and then leave it open. Then transfer it to a TA and book a specific cruise during the WOW sale and get the OBC they offer through that?

You cannot combine the WOW sale OBC and the OBC from booking on board.

You are not allowed to use a NC w/ the WOW sale (specifically excluded). IF you wish to book a cruise during RCI's WOW sales, it MUST be a new booking, which a NC does not qualify as. ;)

Patti is correct (as usual), the 60 day clock does NOT start running until the NC is converted into a specific cruise.

Bruce

Oh okay, so not the WOW sale.

But I can take the OBC from a booking on board and then combine it with an OBC from a TA?

Correct, or any other benefit that a TA may wish to provide.

Just remember to always check with a TA to make sure that they will honor all price reductions and not take away any of those incentives that were given at time of booking.

Absolutely!:)

Awesome, not sure why I have never booked on-board before. Also I just found out that you can leave the reservation open and not pick a specific cruise until you want to.

• 1 month later...

Friend of mine just tried transferring a NC(from 2009) to her TA.......RCCL wouldn't accept it because they said it was past the 60 days.........she in fact,just converted that NC into an actual cruise a couple of weeks ago....

She also mentioned she had a NC from April 2011.....not turned into a booking yet..........again,the rep said it was too late and if she transferred it now,she would lose the OBC from the NC........

I say the rep was wrong......unless there is yet another new RCCL rule,I dont know about..:o

Archived