Beating dead horse - Sapphire Anytime dining 'specialties'

cotomom

Please forgive me but I've been on here for hours today, pouring over multiple searches trying to figure this all out...

I know in the past that Sapphire's 4 anytime dining restaurants each offer a specialty food item on the menu. Is this still true?

If they still have these onboard, is it true that you can request and get the specials in the traditional dining room? Without hassle for the waiter?

I really like the specialties listed (fajitas, guacamole, egg rolls, ginger prawns, etc.) in the anytime dining rooms but like to have same waiter/table/time. Hate to miss out on these specialty food items by choosing traditional dining.

Please advise if they're currently offering these items! Thanks!

Just off Sapphire last week, and had some of these.

Santa Fe - Fajitas

Pacific Moon - Rice Noodles with Shrimp, Vegetables, etc.

Savoy - Pork Chop

Vivaldi - unknown, as not open to Anytime until about 8pm

Just off Sapphire last week, and had some of these.

Santa Fe - Fajitas

Pacific Moon - Rice Noodles with Shrimp, Vegetables, etc.

Savoy - Pork Chop

Vivaldi - unknown, as not open to Anytime until about 8pm

Many thanks for confirming they still exist. Now if anyone can confirm if you can indeed get them in traditional dining, I'll be set! :D

We just got off the Sapphire last month. We did not eat in any of the 4 dining rooms, but I did read/hear that if one of the 4 had a speciality that you knew of, you could ask if you were in the traditional dining room and they were to get it for you.

I think we were all pleased with what we had on the menu, without thinking of what one of the other 4 dining rooms were having as their speciality.

I ordered the specialties from the other dining rooms twice on our Sapphire Princess cruise last year. I loved the osso bucco. I wasn't crazy about the rice noodles with shrimp.

The first time I ordered was not a problem. We had our regular waiter that night. He had another assignment the last night of our cruise, so a different waiter filled in for him. He made it sound like an enormous request, but I did get what I wanted. (And that was the night I wanted the osso bucco.)

Archived