10am flight out of Long Beach

Izziebella

What time of year? If it is one of the periods when we have fog and the port is closed until it burns off, you won't get in to the dock until 10! Also, there have been a lot of delays recently due to Customs & Immigration. while you have a great chance of making it through most of the year, have a backup plan.

Enjoy

Ron

I live locally and have only used Carnival once. It was the most inefficient disembarkation I've experienced and we were not in our car until 10:30. Long Beach is small and easy to get through, but I'd allow 30 minutes to get to the airport and arrival 60 minutes before flight time. That means you must be off the ship by 8:40am. I'd personally give less than 50% odds, even if you self-disembark.

If you can be the first off the ship, with all your luggage, it might be possible. But as a previous poster said if you hit our fog the ship might not come in on time.

Also it will depend on how customs decides to operate that day. Sometimes they will clear Non-US onboard. Recently they are doing the full double check (full passport check and full agriculture check) in the Dome itself. There have been times a few years back when they just waived us through.

One year we hit the crew customs check. They did a full customs check on all passengers and crew. Added an extra hour to our debarkation time.

Carnival recommends planes leaving no earlier than 1pm. I would feel comfortable booking noon from Long Beach at the earliest.

Passports are processed quicker than BCs.

Archived