Disembarkation from different decks

Here's a situation I haven't seen addressed yet. We're sailing on the Pride and will be on the Riviera deck. A first-time cruiser is flying with us but he booked later and will be on the Verandah deck. We do the self disembark.

We told the newbie that on that morning he should come down to our cabin to get off with us so we're not looking for him. He thinks it would be simple enough to call each other from our cell and try to find each other. We've never sailed from Baltimore but as far as we can recall from other cruises in Florida, when you self disembark you're walking down a designated aisle and pointed directly to get into a customs line to keep things orderly and you have to keep moving. I only see confusion if we don't get off the ship together....wouldn't that be the best way to handle it?

I think your friend is naive about the fact 60% or more of the ship will be doing self disembarkation and not a chance of finding you until after customs without him cutting into line somewhere if he doesnt want to come to your cabin.

Good chance your deck could be called before his and you will be waiting for him.

Fire is correct- on the Pride out of Baltimore MOST people are doing self assist.

You all get off on the Promanade deck and are called by deck.

Depending on the week -- on our sailing it worked its way down where the higher one was called first by 9:30 It was 10:30 and they just called Upper deck- so your friend will be outside for well over an hour waiting.

His best bet is to come and wait with you.

You will be asked to vacate the cabins by 9am and wait in a public area

PS-- being a new cruiser he would know better right????

The Pride is wonderful and I was amazed at the number of people doing self embarkation.

What also was amazing was the number of people being sent back- if they did not have luggage or were getting off at the wrong time (how do they know that???)

We were sitting at the promanade bar watching the antics.

Archived