Still confused about Pre-purchased photo CD. Please help!

I have read the threads on the photo CD pre-purchase but am still confused over whether it makes sense for us. We will be 6 total in 3 cabins. Because 4 are minors we were directed from RCCl to have myself and son's friend assigned to one cabin, my wife and daughter's friend in the second and my son and daughter in the third. It seems that if I purchase the photo CD under my room it would include one of the other rooms. Does this mean however that any pictures with occupants of the third room in them would be excluded from the CD? Seems kind of silly but if this is the case it may not make sense to do and I don't think it's worth it to purchase 2 CD's to make sure all the pictures are included. I did e-mail the photo shop but am looking for any personal experiences or advice from these boards as I always found this more helpful! Thanks!

Actually it is worst. All three rooms need to purchase it or have group shots only so that you only need one room to purchase it. As long as one person from the room buying the photo disk is in the picture it is part of it. If you have separate individual photos only those in the one cabin would be in the disk.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experience/html.do?exCode=806&shipCode=OA

here is the photo website; suggest u contact them and ask directly. I do know from my experience on Allure; when u take your welcome aboard photo, the ship uses facial recognition technology. So if you and the kids are in the welcome aboard photo; everypicture taken onboard the ship with you or your kids in it will be included in the photo folio.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experience/html.do?exCode=806&shipCode=OA

here is the photo website; suggest u contact them and ask directly. I do know from my experience on Allure; when u take your welcome aboard photo, the ship uses facial recognition technology. So if you and the kids are in the welcome aboard photo; everypicture taken onboard the ship with you or your kids in it will be included in the photo folio.

I am traveling with some friends that are staying in another cabin, however our reservations are linked together. Does this mean that if all four of us are in the welcome aboard photo, all of our photos will be on one cd, even though we are all adults and are in separate cabins?

When I sailed Allure in Jan we took welcome aboard photos. We were in a group of 20. Although our welcome aboard photo was just of my wife and me; I had pictures of me and other members of my group taken on and off the ship. In St. Maartan, my buddy and I had a pic taken in back of the ship. the picture of both of us was in my folio on deck 6 that night. So to answer your question. If your friends and you take a welcome aboard photo, suggest u have the photographer take two photo shots, one of your and your friends, and one of your cabin mates. I am almost 100% sure by doing this, you will have all pics of all members of your group in your picture folio.

• 2 weeks later...

I am just trying to see if I am understanding this correctly. If we get a welcome aboard photo with all 12 in our party, then all of the photos of the 12 will be on the same CD? Or will they make you take a separate one with only the people in your room and one of those four will always have to be in the picture for it to be on the CD?

I just got off the ship on May 29th (it was fantastic!) and am sharing the information that we received on board....

The 13 members of our party included myself, husband, my brother and his wife, and all our children (age range of the children spanned 12-23, with only three of the kids being under 18). We had a total of 6 cabins. When we went to inquire about the photo CD upon arrival we were told that a cabin could purchase a CD that would include children that were in a separate cabin ONLY if the children were under the age of 18. For the cabins that had our children that were over the age of 18 we would need to buy a separate CD.

Furthermore, facial recognition program is great, and works a lot of the time, but not always. In addition, the seapass card that is given for the formal group pictures is where the photos will end up, not in every person's account just because the person is in the photo.

We ended up buying individual pictures because it seemed that cost of three (ore more) CDs would far exceed the individual photo cost of $19.99 each. (BTW - no discount for buying any amount.) Our photos are awesome though.

It could be that we were told something incorrectly, I didn't go back to ask another person to find out if the answer would change, (I know that sometimes happens with things) but am passing along what happened to us.

Aggies92, I would think you get the cd on last day; that way they can add pictures of your group all the way until the last day. I have ordered the Cruise in Review DVD on my last three cruises. I pick up the dvd on the last sea day after 3pm. They try to include all the stuff happening around the ship from day one to day seven. That way all the parades, shows, etc end up on the cruise in review dvd.

Archived