Cruise Casual vs Formal

hexdragon

What exactly is "Cruise Casual" for Alaska? I'm a tee and jeans kind of guy. I was refused seating in a restaurant on NCL POA in Hawaii for not meeting the dress code...

Once bitten, twice shy....

What exactly is "Cruise Casual" for Alaska? I'm a tee and jeans kind of guy. I was refused seating in a restaurant on NCL POA in Hawaii for not meeting the dress code...

Once bitten, twice shy....

Try dockers and a polo shirt!

For formal night and/or Palo think "going to a wedding". Either a dark suit and tie or a sports coat, nice pants and tie. Palo will not let you in if you are not dressed this way for dinner. I believe that if you go for lunch resort casual is fine.

I enjoyed Palo very much.

Just found this on DCL for Palo:

Dress Code

At dinner, a dress shirt or jacket is required to be worn for men and a dress or pantsuit is required to be worn by women. No jeans allowed. At brunch, attire is cruise casual, meaning no shorts, jeans, swimwear or tank tops.

Alaska pervades the ships as they cruse the area, and formal nights tend to have fewer tuxedos, even fewer suits, and slightly more sports jackets and ties. Haven't been on Disney is Alaska, but cannot imagine it is any different. The dress is the same, it is just skewed a bit more towards the sports jacket end on formal nights.

Cruise casual is nice slacks and a collared shirt.

If I am not mistaken, Palo always requires a tie and jacket, but don't hold me to that.

Archived