Venice Sail-Away

flcruiser3

For those of you who have previously done the Grand Mediterranean, Venice to Barcelona...

I have heard that the sail away from Venice is beautiful, but the itinerary says that we leave Venice at 6:00am the day after we embark.

Do they really leave that early?

Do they still have a sail away party?

Where is the best place to view the sail-away? (on the Ruby)

Also, related question is embarkation still noon to 4:00pm on the day before we sail, or can you arrive late?

When we took this cruise our ship (Emerald) didn't stay overnight but we arrived several days earlier and stayed at a great hotel. Our ship sailed @ 5 pm and it was awesome. They played Andre Bocelli singing over the PA system. Don't miss the sailaway the view is worth getting up early if you do sail @ 6 am. Have a great trip!

The sail away at 6:00 AM should be awesome. We've sailed into Venice twice and both times were spectacular. This year we sail out at 1:00 PM.

I imagine it will be a subdued sail away which would be fine (IMHO).

Best sail away for me however was from Stockholm. The Swedish archipelago is one of the best things in the world (again, IMHO).

And as far as the allowed late boarding time, give Princess a call. For my cruise they allow flights as late as 11:59 PM and in the event of travel delays have said we can board the morning of departure as well. I would assume you too would be allowed to board that late (you may need to purchase their shuttle service however).

6am if you are lucky we left at 4am and sadly most in my group missed it when we sailed past St Marks. THere was no party or music blaring for our sailing, YMMV.

Get up early and look to the port ( left ) side.

For those of you who have previously done the Grand Mediterranean, Venice to Barcelona...

I have heard that the sail away from Venice is beautiful, but the itinerary says that we leave Venice at 6:00am the day after we embark.

Do they really leave that early?

Do they still have a sail away party?

Where is the best place to view the sail-away? (on the Ruby)

Also, related question is embarkation still noon to 4:00pm on the day before we sail, or can you arrive late?

Archived