Our Cruise on Snake in the Grass,ah, Splendor in the Grass, no, Splendour of the Seas

Thank you. That was the funiest review I have ever seen. I have been to Venice a few times, and your review was right on the money. We will be in Ephesus in October. Can't wait. That's the only port we have in common with your trip. We start in Istanbul. Thanks again for the great review.

8/99 Alaska –Celebrity, Mercury

8/01 Scandinavia/Russia –Princess, Crown Princess

1/05 Western Caribbean –Celebrity, Constellation

10/05 Hawaii –Norwegian, Pride of America

1/07 Panama Canal -Celebrity ,Constellation

8/07 Hawaii- Norwegian, Pride of America

1/08 South America – Celebrity, Infinity

10/20/08 Mediterranean – Celebrity, Century

6/11/09 Eastern Caribbean –Princess, Caribbean Princess

10/15/09 Mediterranean-Carnival Dream

6/24/10 Caribbean – RCCL Explorer of the Seas

12/3/10 Caribbean – Celebrity Millenium

5/8/2011 Caribbean (Eastern) - Caribbean Princess

countdown.pl?image=santorini2&name=retired1998&date=10-28-2011&text=&ship=Vision of the Seas[/url

Edited by retired1998
clock didn't work

Thanks again for another of your wonderful reviews.

The pictures are an added bonus.

We would love to sail the Med and now, even more so, because of your beautiful pictures. I had no idea Croatia was so beautiful.

We only saw part of one city, but the part of Croatia we saw was indeed beautiful. I have more pictures from Split and will try to upload them today.

Thank you. That was the funiest review I have ever seen. I have been to Venice a few times, and your review was right on the money. We will be in Ephesus in October. Can't wait. That's the only port we have in common with your trip. We start in Istanbul. Thanks again for the great review.

[/url

We were in Istanbul last year - it was fantastic. I envy your visit. You will also enjoy Ephesus - there is so much to see there. Have a great cruise!

Truffles2 - we have friends who were in Dubrovnik last year and raved about it. It is one of the ports we would like to visit on our next Med cruise.

SailorJack.

I am indebted to a CC member, KathyPet, who induced me to leave the Regent Seven Seas board to read your review. It is great. You have an eye for the funny things in life and you describe them with wit and class. Somehow I will have to try and keep in touch with your posts.

SailorJack.

I am indebted to a CC member, KathyPet, who induced me to leave the Regent Seven Seas board to read your review. It is great. You have an eye for the funny things in life and you describe them with wit and class. Somehow I will have to try and keep in touch with your posts.

Thank you. I have not sailed on Regent, but hope to do so someday - I hear it is spectacular.

Jack

Now THAT is a cruise review!

Thanks for a great report. I personally can not wait until you cruise again!

Next cruise is in November on the Diamond Princess. Hopefully I will be able to do a review of that cruise.

Countflorida: glad you enjoyed it.:)

Thank you. I have not sailed on Regent, but hope to do so someday - I hear it is spectacular.

Jack

I am sure you would appreciate the alcohol all inclusive policy. Though I doubt the guests include anyone of the miniscule, green bikini you elegantly described. We are mostly old codgers.

Jack

Jack tattoo your notes to your hand if you have to.;) You know there are some of us that anxiously await your next review.:D

You should have counter-offered with 11 goats. I would have paid good money to see where that conversation would have gone....and to see the change in SailorJill's Mona Lisa smile! :)

And after reading your post, I never knew my history of the Med was so off.

A great read, SailorJack! Thank you.

Edited by Missabby

This was sooo entertaining. I have to admit that I started reading it on my lunch time at work. I started laughing out loud so my friend asked what I was doing. Got her on the website and she started doing the same thing. Before I knew it, five people that sit around me were reading and laughing out loud. Most entertaining lunch I have had in a very long time.

I did the same today and was reading it out loud to my fellow workers, although it was hard to read and laugh at the same time. Thank you so much for a witty and wonderful review. I would love to try some of that Nitsicko beer.

I am going on the Voyager in August from Venice I will watch out for those weird shaped gondola's. :D

Have a wonderful cruise from Singapore to Sydney. I can hardly wait for that review from "Down Under"

BTW can you confirm that Royal runs a free shuttle from Piazza Roma to the ship?

Edited by mcca2

I did the same today and was reading it out loud to my fellow workers, although it was hard to read and laugh at the same time. Thank you so much for a witty and wonderful review. I would love to try some of that Nitsicko beer.

I am going on the Voyager in August from Venice I will watch out for those weird shaped gondola's.

Have a wonderful cruise from Singapore to Sydney. I can hardly wait for that review from "Down Under"

BTW can you confirm that Royal runs a free shuttle from Piazza Roma to the ship?

I actually brought a couple of cans of Niksicko home with me (along with several others that you can see in the background of my photo of Nitsicko) and enjoyed them on our vernanda - thereby extending our cruise by a couple of days.:)

Yes, the ship provided a free shuttle from Piazza Roma to the ship. We took the bus from the airport to the Piazza ( 5 Euros) and the RCI shuttle was less than 30 yards from where the bus dropped us off. The shuttle was not there when we arrived (it came about 5 minutes latere) and the space for it is not marked - we just looked for a bunch of people standing around with suitcases and went over there.

The people mover is also located where the bus dropped us off - about 50 yards away. I think the fare for the people mover is 1 Euro. It takes you to the port area, but you still have about a 200 yard walk to get to where our ship was docked.

Enjoy your trip. If this is your first visit to Venice then you are in for a real treat! Make sure you take the Gondola ride.

Jack

You should have counter-offered with 11 goats. I would have paid good money to see where that conversation would have gone....and to see the change in SailorJill's Mona Lisa smile! :)

And after reading your post, I never knew my history of the Med was so off.

A great read, SailorJack! Thank you.

As a history major at UCSB I have an intimate knowledge of the subject and am glad to share it.:D

Counter with 11 goats?:eek: The couch in our stateroom was far to small for me to sleep on!

Not only was that great fun to read, but the first time I have ever had occasion to speculate upon the trade value of my wife, in terms of goats. I'm told she's quite attractive. I could make a killing!

Interesting choice of words! But in my case, the reverse may have been closer to the truth.:D

Really enjoyed every word... made my day

Glad you enjoyed it.:)

Jack tattoo your notes to your hand if you have to. You know there are some of us that anxiously await your next review.

I have been known to scribble notes down on a lot of things, but not on my hand (at least not since test time in high school). Actually Jill bought me one of those yellow pads to take with us so I should have plenty of note taking material - should anything arise.

Jack

Edited by SailorJack

I actually brought a couple of cans of Niksicko home with me (along with several others that you can see in the background of my photo of Nitsicko) and enjoyed them on our vernanda - thereby extending our cruise by a couple of days.:)

Yes, the ship provided a free shuttle from Piazza Roma to the ship. We took the bus from the airport to the Piazza ( 5 Euros) and the RCI shuttle was less than 30 yards from where the bus dropped us off. The shuttle was not there when we arrived (it came about 5 minutes latere) and the space for it is not marked - we just looked for a bunch of people standing around with suitcases and went over there.

The people mover is also located where the bus dropped us off - about 50 yards away. I think the fare for the people mover is 1 Euro. It takes you to the port area, but you still have about a 200 yard walk to get to where our ship was docked.

Enjoy your trip. If this is your first visit to Venice then you are in for a real treat! Make sure you take the Gondola ride.

Jack

Thanks for the info Jack and I will be sure to take the Gondola ride. :)

Sailor Jack nice work on all your reviews :)..You have quite a fan base generating on the Aussie/Kiwi down under postings..Being no stranger to constantly being in varying depths of trouble myself I find it refreshing that one you use your gift for good, two I am amazed you are still married, three I can relate to those moments where I know I shouldn't open my mouth but it just happens.

Please feel free to visit us on our down under postings where I'm sure you will at least get a laugh or two and I am sure you can use your wit to excellent use..:D..once again thanks for keeping it real.

ohh by the way I think anyone who likes Sailor Jacks humour may like the link below :)

http://www.27bslash6.com/

Sailor Jack nice work on all your reviews ..You have quite a fan base generating on the Aussie/Kiwi down under postings..Being no stranger to constantly being in varying depths of trouble myself I find it refreshing that one you use your gift for good, two I am amazed you are still married, three I can relate to those moments where I know I shouldn't open my mouth but it just happens.

Please feel free to visit us on our down under postings where I'm sure you will at least get a laugh or two and I am sure you can use your wit to excellent use....once again thanks for keeping it real.

ohh by the way I think anyone who likes Sailor Jacks humour may like the link below

http://www.27bslash6.com/

Cool website... some very good humor there.

As Debsta mentioned on your board, we will be in Australia in November...visiting Darwin, Port Douglas, and Sydney. It will be our second trip to your part of the world - we were in New Zealand and Australia on a diving trip to the reef a few years back. We are looking forward to seeing more.

By the way, you have something in common with Jill's mother - she is also amazed that we are still married.:)

This is the best review I have ever read...could not stop laughing. Now I must read all of your other reviews...will never get any work done ever again. Can't wait for your next cruise:cool:

Thanks for the kind words. Glad you enjoyed it!

Jan in Maine: You're welcome.:)

Jack

Cool website... some very good humor there.

As Debsta mentioned on your board, we will be in Australia in November...visiting Darwin, Port Douglas, and Sydney. It will be our second trip to your part of the world - we were in New Zealand and Australia on a diving trip to the reef a few years back. We are looking forward to seeing more.

By the way, you have something in common with Jill's mother - she is also amazed that we are still married.:)

Jack

Yes Debsta did mention that you where coming over to grace our shores..I am sure you will have a great trip esp if you are diving again...at this moment I am trying to organise a mass breakout of Kangaroo's and Possum's from Taronga Zoo for your arrival. Something I am sure everyone would agree, should be a standard ceremony upon arrival in Australia I was going to include Koala's also but they are just too doped up on there gum leaves to care :D...glad you all liked the link to David Thorne, all of us Australians specialize in being pests of the highest calibre :D

Edited by Scurvy Dog

Thank You SailorJack for entertaining us! Yeah:cool:

DH and me are going to do the Grand Med on the Ruby Princess in a couple of years. So soaking it all up and loving the photo's:D

Glad you enjoyed it. I have a latch batch of photos from Split that I have been trying to upload and will post them as soon as it figure out what I am doing wrong.:confused:

I am trying to organise a mass breakout of Kangaroo's and Possum's from Taronga Zoo for your arrival. :D
:)

I have been hearing some scary stories about possums in Australia. Like you need a permit to trap them? Oh, well - I guess I'll find out myself in a few months.

Jack

:)

I have been hearing some scary stories about possums in Australia. Like you need a permit to trap them? Oh, well - I guess I'll find out myself in a few months.

Jack

Hi Sailor Jack :) thankyou for your concern on possums..did you wish to go on a possum hunt whilst in Australia?..I am sure we can arrange this no probs :D..care of possums is something that is dear to everones heart esp those on Cruise Critic on the Aussie/NZ posts..and you are right possums have a fearsome reputation..we can arrange NFL football padding and also riot helmet's and shield's for you and Sailorjill if you so wish?..on normal possum hunts I normally just wear a icecream bucket on my head and just wear my 70's jump suit (as this tends to confuse them) for a shield I use a Garbage Can lid..:D

For those who are intrested there a couple of threads that have been written in our forums that relate to possums

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1419643

this form started out with badges that we present to people who show great promise in posts on our forms and then has sections relating to possum care lol :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1413945

the following post is more to do with kangaroo's and koala's (everyone loves those two furry critters) but has questions and answers on possums.. you will all agree after reading these posts that it is an emotive topic and one that should not be taken seriously :D

I think I have finally fixed my uploading problems, and here are the additional photos from Split.

This was a beautiful promenade that went along the shore line. On one side was the beach and on the other side were shops, restaurants, and bars.

2283015570106582660S600x600Q85.jpg

The sheltered seating along the promenade was used by locals and tourists alike -who came to see and be seen. If was from observations made here that we realized the fact that Croatian women were extremely tall.

2800379780106582660S600x600Q85.jpg

This is Gregory of Nin. I can't begin to describe the trouble I had setting this picture up. It took forever to get the tree leaning to the left and the building leaning to the right at the same time.

2787553300106582660S600x600Q85.jpg

A close up of Gregory of Nin

2259992780106582660S600x600Q85.jpg

Rubbing his toe brought good luck.

2857003960106582660S600x600Q85.jpg