I can't believe that I just booked another HAL cruise ...

msm0908

Wow, still pinching myself! Just booked an Alaskan Explorer cruise out of Seattle on the Oosterdam in September on a whim. We did our first family cruise on HAL (Zuiderdam) last July cruising the Inside Passage out of Vancouver and had such a wonderful time. Did not expect to be heading up there so soon again but got a great price - 3rd & 4th passengers just pays the taxes. Ever since our last cruise, I have been raving about how great HAL is! I wanted to share HAL and Alaska with my parents, so now is the time! Now the countdown begins ... but at least I will know what to expect! :D:D:D

I can identify with that. After doing a couple of 3 and 4 day repositioning cruises a few years ago, last summer we went on a 7 day Alaskan cruise. In April we went on a 14 day Sea of Cortez and while on board booked a 14 day Alaskan for summer 2012.

After we got home my DH was browsing on the HAL website and saw a 17 day Hawaii Circle that we could not resist.

We can hardly wait! :)

Rockfan2

Cruising on HAL is addictive.

We booked our first "on a whim" cruise this week.

The limited vacation time I have is the only thing that keeps us from cruising more often. We were unable to schedule a cruise in 2011 due to the vacation time I had to take for one last whole family camping trip and the weddings of both DDs,

It feels like a great hardship to go a whole year without a cruise on a HAL ship.:D

We booked our 2nd HAL cruise while still on board the Amsterdam and did the same thing this year aboard the Volendam. I just wish I could go more than once a year and for longer than a week.

There's a special feeling that comes with having a cruise booked. Maybe not all the way to "Makes life worth living", but close. Real close.

With a little bit of "wicked" tossed in for good measure. :D

There's a special feeling that comes with having a cruise booked. Maybe not all the way to "Makes life worth living", but close. Real close.

What is great for me, is when the cruise is booked, I can start the planning - look for shore excursions, maps of the areas I will be visiting, etc. Keeps me busy for months.

Wow, still pinching myself! Just booked an Alaskan Explorer cruise out of Seattle on the Oosterdam in September on a whim. We did our first family cruise on HAL (Zuiderdam) last July cruising the Inside Passage out of Vancouver and had such a wonderful time. Did not expect to be heading up there so soon again but got a great price - 3rd & 4th passengers just pays the taxes. Ever since our last cruise, I have been raving about how great HAL is! I wanted to share HAL and Alaska with my parents, so now is the time! Now the countdown begins ... but at least I will know what to expect! :D:D:D

I know! We've only done one HAL cruise to date, but have 3 upcoming - it just seems like itinerary/cabin selection/price for HAL is winning us over as well - I wont abandon Princess but we are loving HAL as well.

You need to update your signature with a new counter :-) Congrats!

There needs to be a twelve step program for us. No, wait, I think you have to know you have a problem and want to change.:D

All I know is I want to cruise and cruise and cruise!;)

They don't call us HALcholics for nothin' !!:D

We are being optimistic. Haven't even sailed with HAL yet and now have two cruises booked for this year already. LOL.

As Ive indicated we have only been on one HAL cruise to date and now have 3 "in queue!" I dont think you will be dissapointed. Have some great cruises.

With a little bit of "wicked" tossed in for good measure. :D

Yes, I can't shake this special feeling, I find myself giggling for no reason at all! LOL

Congratulations

Enjoy Alaskan again -- now you can do excursions that you weren't able to fit into your schedule the last time.

Yes, now that we know what to expect, we are hoping to fit more in .. really looking forward to sharing this with my parents.

p/s Hope that you are on your way to a speedy recovery!

We are being optimistic. Haven't even sailed with HAL yet and now have two cruises booked for this year already. LOL.

I hope that you will enjoy HAL as much as we did. Our family really liked HAL ... hoping that maybe, just maybe ... I can book us a Caribbean trip while on board. It is so addicting! If only money, time, work and school was not an issue, we would be cruising all the time! LOL :D

and then some friends told us that they booked a cruise from Quebec to Lauderdale for Oct. so we booked that one as well. I still had some advance booking credits for both so no cash outlay until Aug. And then the OBC's and Stock credits will cover the service charges plus. If they have a sale like last year we might even book a Dec. cruise in a suite.

Archived