Travelling with 12 year old on Carnival

familycruzinnewbie

Hi - I just booked a cruise for next April. Our children will be 9 and 12. I know I can opt not to give the 9 year old sign out privileges, but how much supervision is in the kids club for 12 year olds. I also understand that you don't pay an extra fee for them to stay there after 10pm, but are they there alone.

Also what do you give your kids in the way of room keys and spending cards. I don't think I want her heading back to our room with others if we are at a club or something, (or getting interrupted of DH and I want some alone time :eek: )

1st, I would never allow my child to bring anyone to the cabin..or go to anyone else's cabin! 2nd, if you are having "alone" time, you can throw the deadbolt, so your child's key won't work...she'll have to knock!

Hi - I just booked a cruise for next April. Our children will be 9 and 12. I know I can opt not to give the 9 year old sign out privileges, but how much supervision is in the kids club for 12 year olds. I also understand that you don't pay an extra fee for them to stay there after 10pm, but are they there alone.

Also what do you give your kids in the way of room keys and spending cards. I don't think I want her heading back to our room with others if we are at a club or something, (or getting interrupted of DH and I want some alone time :eek: )

The key is to set the ground rules with the children.

If you want your child to do the kids club there will be supervision but you need to make it clear to your child to stay in the program.

We found when our kids were each the age of yours to establish rules on the ship as we had rules at home.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely lay out the rules beforehand - I was a Circle C Director and have countless experiences with tweens that had no rules... and it usually didn't turn out too well.

But there is no sign in/sign out for Circle C (12-14yo program), and it is only open during the hours in the schedule (get a caper at the beginning of the cruise at the meet and greet - you will also need to fill out a registration form.) They will never be allowed in the club alone, either, the Circle C Director is always present.

There are usually a ton of 12 year olds in the program, so I wouldn't worry about your tween feeling out of place. If they absolutely hate it, 12 year olds have the option of giving Camp Carnival a try (I really wouldnt' advise it unless they are truly miserable.) They do have to try out the Circle C club and get the director's approval before moving.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask!!

Archived