All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

this will be my wife and i first cruise with royal caribbean and to this location. any tips or info would be appreciated.

If you haven't done so already, bop on over to the Meet & Mingle Roll Call for your sailing. It can be found in the Roll Call section of CC. Choose the Royal Caribbean Meet & Mingle, then Explorer of the Seas and finally the date of your cruise. You can meet a lot of folks that will be sailing with you both seasoned EX (Explorer) folks and new to our favorite ship. And don't forget to sign up for your Meet & Mingle (M&M) on the RCI page.

We, Meg, Radio, CruiseDIva, Me (with my family) and a whole slew of others love this ship.

Enjoy.

podsnel, is there a Chops on the EoS, or was the pic of the Chops filet taken from another cruise?

There is not a Chops, but the Chops filet is offered in the MDR for $15. We shared it on lobster night for surf & turf. :D

it isn't bad...i have had it a couple times...honestly that steak can be hit or miss on any ship, but i don't think i have ever sent it back..(the only thing i ever did send back was chicken a couple years ago....believe it or not it was tougher than shoe leather...and i think it was on Serenade..but i digress..)

The chops filet is awesome...i generally treat myself to it once per cruise...it is REALLY a lot of food, and i am a meatatarian!!

I completely AGREE about Chops!!!

We were married on the Radiance a few years ago in Juneau. We had the ceremony early so my 90 year old Mom could listen on the phone from the East Coast....a few pictures and then we were back in jeans for the rest of the day.

Our wedding dinner was scheduled in Chops.....could not have asked for anything better and they took such good care of us. My DH was raised on meat and meat (although I have helped him realize salads will not kill him) and Chops is a must do for any of our RCI cruises.

My group wants to have a little birthday celebration in the Adult Solarium after the ship passes under the bridge. Will it be crowded there or will most people be still partying at the sailaway party?

It should be pretty empty, as it is not a place to be at sailaway.

Can you recommend the Best Viewing Location for picture-taking' date=' as we depart the New York Bay - Hudson Narrows...??[/color']

Any idea of time we might actually pass under the Verazano Bridge?

Top deck. You can walk port to starboard at will .... stop in the middle at the Sky Bar.

If you leave at 5, I would say 5:45ish you will be under the bridge.

I have a review of our cruise in my link below if interested.

Can you recommend the Best Viewing Location for picture-taking' date=' as we depart the New York Bay - Hudson Narrows...??[/color']

Any idea of time we might actually pass under the Verazano Bridge?

Top deck, you can go from side to side, Sky Bar is in the middle.

I would imagine you would be under the bridge about 45 minutes after leaving the dock.

I have a review of our most recent cruise in my sig below if interested.

Hi,

Does anyone have recent 2010/2011 pictures of the interior of the Explorer?

We are interested in taking a cruise on the Explorer next year.

Thanks.

yes

https://picasaweb.google.com/111807794425429187458/ExplorerAugust2011

from about 3 weeks ago

and from last september...

https://picasaweb.google.com/111807794425429187458/ExplorerOfTheSeasSept112010

she still looks pretty darned good!!! i was able to visit the ship a few weeks ago.....and the others are from a 5 night bermuda last september....and i will be heading out on EX in about 80 days...

Edited by megr1125

yes

https://picasaweb.google.com/111807794425429187458/ExplorerAugust2011

from about 3 weeks ago

and from last september...

https://picasaweb.google.com/111807794425429187458/ExplorerOfTheSeasSept112010

she still looks pretty darned good!!! i was able to visit the ship a few weeks ago.....and the others are from a 5 night bermuda last september....and i will be heading out on EX in about 80 days...

Wow...she looks in pretty good condition. I would like to see some cabin pics as well...do you have some? Thanks!

We are going to book Explorer Jan 27 cruise. It will be 3 years since our last cruise on her. What new changes can we expect? We became Diamond members a year ago for our Celebrity cruise. What perks can we expect? Any new changes at the pier?

Edited by Leafpeeper

Wow...she looks in pretty good condition. I would like to see some cabin pics as well...do you have some? Thanks!

they should be on the second link.....:confused:

ok....something wacky happened.....let me take a look see....

http://s871.photobucket.com/albums/ab274/cruisermeg/Explorer%20of%20the%20Seas%20May%202010/#!cpZZ2QQtppZZ24

sorry try that....i can't get at my other photos at the moment...they're on a different computer....

these are a couple years old, but everything still looks the same....

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/569010182KoYBZI

Edited by megr1125

We are going to book Explorer Jan 27 cruise. It will be 3 years since our last cruise on her. What new changes can we expect? We became Diamond members a year ago for our Celebrity cruise. What perks can we expect? Any new changes at the pier?

Book now they have great price for D-1-2-3 E-1 balcony. There is a roll call come join

The pier is the same, the ship is the same with some cosmetic changes. The staff is the best.

Were you on the Jan. 2009 cruise?