All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

There are two formal nights on an 8 night cruise. The second formal night usually has lobster tail on the MDR menu.
Thank you for the response (can't wait for the lobster!), but I was wondering about the "semi-formal" nights? Are semi-formal nights a thing of the past?

#1, Carol we both hope you are feeling better and #2, I have a little saying for EX. Fun to the front and Repast to the rear. Since I enjoy eating I prefer a cabin more to the aft.

Thanks Ken and Deb. I was able to fly home nonstop yesterday and all went well. Meg told me to be glad I missed the EX and her norovirus problems. I'm just glad I purchased trip insurance - there's no way I could have made the ship by myself on Tues.

Going on the Explorer before she leaves Bayonne, NJ port for good. Sailing 1st time as Diamond with Royal. Do they have a cocktail hour each evening for Diamond members and if so what does it consist of (drinks, appetizers?) Where is it held?

Past experience is on Celebrity where there has been a 5-7pm event each evening for Elite members with cocktails and appetizers.

Help Anyone ?

The EX has a diamond event which is usually held in the 19th Hole unless there are a large number of diamonds on the cruise. Time is usually 5-8:30. Wine is free. Mixed drinks are 25% off. Not sure about the beer - not free but probably 25% off. No appetizers the last time I was at the event.

Hi,

We will finally be Diamond + :D~~~~ when we sail the Explorer before she heads down to Port Canaveral.

Can someone kindly tell me where the D+ lounge is located now. I hear so many conflicting reports.

We sailed years ago as Diamond C&A and we had the lounge with drinks and apps. on deck 9, until they converted to the Diamond Event:rolleyes:

So is it now only for suite and pinnacle quests:confused:

Thanx for your help:)

Hi,

We will finally be Diamond + :D~~~~ when we sail the Explorer before she heads down to Port Canaveral.

Can someone kindly tell me where the D+ lounge is located now. I hear so many conflicting reports.

We sailed years ago as Diamond C&A and we had the lounge with drinks and apps. on deck 9, until they converted to the Diamond Event:rolleyes:

So is it now only for suite and pinnacle quests:confused:

Thanx for your help:)

D+ are still included in the CL on EX. I was on Enchantment in Dec and D+ were still included in the CL, in fact you can go to either the CL or DL on Enchantment. It's the opinion of some Pinnacles that once all the ships have had their Royal Advantage dry dock (meaning all of RCI's ships in the fleet have a DL), the the D+ will be sent to the Diamond lounge. Until then, enjoy the CL!

The EX has a diamond event which is usually held in the 19th Hole unless there are a large number of diamonds on the cruise. Time is usually 5-8:30. Wine is free. Mixed drinks are 25% off. Not sure about the beer - not free but probably 25% off. No appetizers the last time I was at the event.

Thanks for the response. Any chance of asking the quality of the wine offered.

D+ are still included in the CL on EX. I was on Enchantment in Dec and D+ were still included in the CL, in fact you can go to either the CL or DL on Enchantment. It's the opinion of some Pinnacles that once all the ships have had their Royal Advantage dry dock (meaning all of RCI's ships in the fleet have a DL), the the D+ will be sent to the Diamond lounge. Until then, enjoy the CL!

Thank you so much for clarifying that for me:D

As wolfcathorse said, D+ can use the concierge lounge. However, when there are an excessive number of D and D+ folks on a cruise, they do rearrange things. On the Dec 12 sailing, Diamonds were in the Maharaja Lounge, D+ were in the Concierge Lounge and the deck 14 Card Rooms, and the suite guests were in the 19th Hole. It depends on the upper level C&A demographics of each cruise.

RC is having a weekend sale and i was able to get $120 knocked off my May cruise on explorer! Lol I wonder why

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Even if you're not a soda drinker, you may want to consider the soda card on the Explorer - it has the freestyle coke machines and they offer a lot more than just soda. It also includes flavoured Dasini water, Hi C fruit beverages, Minute Maid lemonade (with flavour add ons), and maybe a couple of others.

The freestyle machines on the promenade are available 24 - 7.

I love the way I can do an easy search here on cruise critic and find answers. This is great to know. Sounds like fun soft drinking. :D We might just get a soda card now.

I love the way I can do an easy search here on cruise critic and find answers. This is great to know. Sounds like fun soft drinking. :D We might just get a soda card now.

I enjoyed the freestyle machines so much I only had 5-6 alcoholic drinks on my last Explorer cruise. There's just so many different flavours to try! (and if you're near the Promenade Cafe, it's super convenient).

Right now I'm going through my vast collection of purses to find the perfect one to carry both my ereader and my freestyle cup onboard so I always have both with me!

RC is having a weekend sale and i was able to get $120 knocked off my May cruise on explorer! Lol I wonder why

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I try to keep my eyes opened for sales, but when I checked about that weekend sale today (Monday), there was no price reduction for our cruise on Explorer in August 2014. :(

There will price drop August is too far out right now. We booked onboard and the day we got home from our cruise there was a resident discount. It took our cruise from 5500.00 to 4200.00. We also used our DD. Now I'm looking for a price drop.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

we are booked on ex for Nye this year this will be our firsttime on ex. we were on liberty in nov and we had a aft js deck ten nice rom but when u walked out on balcony all u could see were bars if u looked xtraight down

was wondering is this the same way on ex at the very back cause we have a superior balcony deck ten I think cabin 1692

we are booked on ex for Nye this year this will be our firsttime on ex. we were on liberty in nov and we had a aft js deck ten nice rom but when u walked out on balcony all u could see were bars if u looked xtraight down

was wondering is this the same way on ex at the very back cause we have a superior balcony deck ten I think cabin 1692

I would check the cabin reviews website on cruise critic. Here is a link (hope cruise critic doesn't mind since its theirs) http://www.cruisecritic.com/cabinguru/deckplanreviews.cfm?ShipID=186 and check your cabin category. There are a couple of reviews. We were cruising with relatives who stayed in a royal family suite, deck nine, on the back last year and it was fantastic. The only slight problem was the walk to the elevators. -- Joan