All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

I'm playing catch up here with the Explorer itineraries. Do you know where she will be after the January/February 2015 drydock?

Royal has not revealed that yet, but I'm hoping for Enchantment to replace Majesty in Miami and Explorer to replace Enchantment in Port Canaveral.

I don't know if it's permanent, but the last scheduled cruise from NJ is a re-position to Port Canaveral. It could be they are just getting the ship closer to a dry dock location?

Explorer is scheduled to do some interesting itineraries (Southern Caribbean) from Port Canaveral for a few weeks, then will probably go to Freeport for the dry dock.

Explorer is scheduled to do some interesting itineraries (Southern Caribbean) from Port Canaveral for a few weeks, then will probably go to Freeport for the dry dock.

Too bad it doesn't go to dry dock first. I just had some friends return from a 5 nighter on the ship. Apparently, at least in their opinion, the ship is in need of some attention. I'm always interested in southern itineraries but I'd like to go after the refurb.

Too bad it doesn't go to dry dock first. I just had some friends return from a 5 nighter on the ship. Apparently, at least in their opinion, the ship is in need of some attention. I'm always interested in southern itineraries but I'd like to go after the refurb.

I admit, it would be nice to be on the ship after the dry dock, but we were just on the ship this past April and thought she was in fine shape. I guess ship condition is another one of those subjective things.

I don't know about 5 AM, but I'm with you on not sleeping in. If you think about the cost of a cruise per hour you are awake and enjoing the ship/ports, then the earlier you wake up the cheaper the vacation is!! :D

Good way of looking at it, I was in bed by 1 AM and up by 6:30-7 on my last sailing every night, My vaction will be very cheap if I keep that same schedule this time around. I may be extremely tired after the cruise though, but I'm good with that.

Good way of looking at it, I was in bed by 1 AM and up by 6:30-7 on my last sailing every night, My vaction will be very cheap if I keep that same schedule this time around. I may be extremely tired after the cruise though, but I'm good with that.

If you aren't tired at the end of your vacation, then you are doing it wrong! :D

There will be plenty of time to sleep after the cruise is over.

I'm with clarea, we sailed on Explorer in May and had absolutely no complaints about her condition

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

I only wrote what I was told. I think I made it quite clear that it was not my personal experience.

@ ckrobyn We did it in April it was about who killed Johnny two shoes or two tons. He was a gangster. Johnny had a cheating wife, a shady business partner and a ditsy girlfriend. It was pretty good. Especially Sally Said So the girlfriend. I hope its different in December if not we will enjoy it again.

Love To Cruise RCCL

Edited by lovetocruiserccl

I admit, it would be nice to be on the ship after the dry dock, but we were just on the ship this past April and thought she was in fine shape. I guess ship condition is another one of those subjective things.

I am sorry if I missed this, did you have the new menus? We are on her in a few weeks.

Thanks!!