HAL Travel Advisories......

sail7seas

I knew Maasdam would not be able to sail the St. Lawrence from Quebec City to Montreal to disembark and embark her guests this week due to the water level still being too high.

I went to HAL's site yesterday to read the official travel advisory and could not find it.

I went again today and find it is harder to locate than it used to be.

On the home page, there is a small 'news' link one can click but you really have to look for it.

When that page opens, then there is a link for travel advisories.

Something so important for guests to read should be easier to find IMO

I would think something like this would be in easily found in attention grabbing font on the home page.

I was specifically looking for it and had trouble finding it.

Suggestion box item: HAL, please make such notices front and center and attention grabbing for those who need that information.

I knew Maasdam would not be able to sail the St. Lawrence from Quebec City to Montreal to disembark and embark her guests this week due to the water level still being too high.

I went to HAL's site yesterday to read the official travel advisory and could not find it.

I went again today and find it is harder to locate than it used to be.

On the home page, there is a small 'news' link one can click but you really have to look for it.

When that page opens, then there is a link for travel advisories.

Something so important for guests to read should be easier to find IMO

I would think something like this would be in easily found in attention grabbing font on the home page.

I was specifically looking for it and had trouble finding it.

Suggestion box item: HAL, please make such notices front and center and attention grabbing for those who need that information.

Sail, Make the suggestion to HAL and its' Webmaster directly. That can be done by using the Contact Us option or the direct link is http://www.hollandamerica.com/contactUs/Preface.action On the left hand side there is an EMail Us button to click on. I use that when I wish to make a suggestion to HAL:) Works better there than here:)

BTW, I just made the suggestion to them via that same link that the Travel Advisories should be on the MAIN HAL PAGES http://www.hollandamerica.com/main/Main.action

Joanie

On HAL's site -- right on the front page -- I clicked right onto "Travel Adviseries" and the notice about the Maasdam popped right up.

What HAL could do is when they want to get people's attention -- instead of it being black -- make the words RED to catch people's attention.

Sail, Make the suggestion to HAL and its' Webmaster directly. That can be done by using the Contact Us option or the direct link is http://www.hollandamerica.com/contactUs/Preface.action On the left hand side there is an EMail Us button to click on. I use that when I wish to make a suggestion to HAL:) Works better there than here:)

BTW, I just made the suggestion to them via that same link that the Travel Advisories should be on the MAIN HAL PAGES http://www.hollandamerica.com/main/Main.action

Joanie

;) Not my job..... :D

Isn't the current 'phrase du jour?'

Not sure what you are saying, but I think Joanie's suggestion is very good. I have found contacting HAL via email about website issues to be very productive. Why not make a suggestion to them also if you take the time to post web site issues here?

Good point.

I posted here as an 'idle observation'. I wondered if anyone else agreed notices should stand out more predominantly.

It took me a while to find the link in the middle of the page. Not the best layout/grouping of links if you ask me. :)

It took me a while to find the link in the middle of the page. Not the best layout/grouping of links if you ask me. :)

Same here. I looked all over for it, then realized there were links in the box in the center. Part of the issue there is, they take away the link formatting (not underlined or blue) so it all runs together as normal text). I agree that they should make it stand out more.

It isn't my job either but they cannot/will not make changes unless they know what we want:)

If we are not vocal enough directly to them how will they know what we want?? Being vocal on the boards here and pointing out a GOOD suggestion is not going to get the changes made quicker that by contacting them directly. JMO:)

Joanie

Archived