Golden Hilo Arrival/Departure Change

wilfros

Our cruise to Hawaii has just had a change to it's arrival time in Hilo.

We were originally scheduled to arrive at 8am and depart 5pm. Now we are arriving at 9am and departing 6pm.

No big deal but I am wondering what the difference of one hour can make in a journey that long. After all these trips to Hawaii LA to Hilo why they would now change the arrival time.

Just curious as to what your ideas might be. Obviously a change like this has taken thought and there must be logic (I assume) behind the change. So any ideas welcome.

Our cruise to Hawaii has just had a change to it's arrival time in Hilo.

We were originally scheduled to arrive at 8am and depart 5pm. Now we are arriving at 9am and departing 6pm.

No big deal but I am wondering what the difference of one hour can make in a journey that long. After all these trips to Hawaii LA to Hilo why they would now change the arrival time.

Just curious as to what your ideas might be. Obviously a change like this has taken thought and there must be logic (I assume) behind the change. So any ideas welcome.

When an action is taken by the cruiseline and you wonder why, then the best folks to ask are those at the cruiseline itself.

Ciao for now!!!

Or the dockside workers/security personnel in Hilo requested a change.

Hi there! It seems our itinerary for November has changed as well... I believe we are also getting into Ensenada at 4 instead of 2 ... There was someone on the boards this morning saying that Hilo had been cancelled for his/her cruise... Now that would be upsetting...

Our sapphire 10/8 cruise has had the same time change. I am just more concerned about the possibility that they cancel HILO all together -- as appears to have been done for a feb 2012 cruise --http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1425364

I had started a thread on this earlier. I was first informed that Hilo had been cancelled but then my TA after telling her the response I got here said no just time changes. I did email Princess asking why but haven't heard back from them. Will post if I do.

I had started a thread on this earlier. I was first informed that Hilo had been cancelled but then my TA after telling her the response I got here said no just time changes. I did email Princess asking why but haven't heard back from them. Will post if I do.

Thanks for posting what you found out about it merely being a time change & not a Hilo cancellation. I couldn't understand why they'd switch back to the tender port of Kona to be so far away from VNP and other nice sites to experience on the Hilo side.

• 4 years later...