Cost of a Taxi from Houston to Galveston

bxh165

Can anyone tell me the cost of a taxi from Houston airport to Galveston. I read some reviews that state taking a shuttle could take 3 hours with all the stops. A car rental is out because of the high cost for a one day rental with drop off costs is $250.

You could do a private limo much cheaper, and have it to yourself for $100. I would not consider taking a taxi that far, unless you are running late. (i.e. you took the risk to fly in the day of the cruise and afraid to meet up with a limo.)

Edited by firefly333

I assume you're referring to IAH (Bush Intercontinental). The "going rate" is about $100 each way. The airport is a considerable distance from Galveston ... depending on traffic, you're looking at 90 minutes to two hours (yes, even on a weekend ... the Houston infrastructure is more like a freshman civil engineering project gone bad). It may take a bit longer, perhaps, but the difference in cost between a private vehicle and the cruise line transfer is significant. Whatever you select, have a great cruise!

• 5 months later...
So you happen to have name of private limo, or just get one at the airport upon arrival. We are arriving two days before the cruise.

We just used Cornerstone Elite Limo and were very happy with Service!

Read the above post 15 minutes ago- went to the Cornerstar Elite website- put in an online quote- got a call within 5 minutes from them. We are 5 people with 5 suitcases. She quoted me $90 each way for a towncar (holds 5) and $100 for an SUV(7 passengers). Can pay cash to the driver on the day of pickup or they can charge your credit card the day after.

Anyone else have experience with them? Sounds good to me- then don't have to deal with the SuperShuttle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
Read the above post 15 minutes ago- went to the Cornerstar Elite website- put in an online quote- got a call within 5 minutes from them. We are 5 people with 5 suitcases. She quoted me $90 each way for a towncar (holds 5) and $100 for an SUV(7 passengers). Can pay cash to the driver on the day of pickup or they can charge your credit card the day after.

Anyone else have experience with them? Sounds good to me- then don't have to deal with the SuperShuttle.

Forgive me, but was that $100 per person or in total? I have 5 of us sisters and was just curious.

... the Houston infrastructure is more like a freshman civil engineering project gone bad).

I wish it was that good. It took me over two hours last night, to get from downtown to Fry road in Katy (where i finally gave up and stopped for dinner) on I10. :eek:

Also had to deliver in Rosenburg yesterday...took me over an hour from the old summit (or more commonly know as Joel and Vicky's castle :roll eyes: ) to my delivery location. I really hate driving in this city.