UPDATE: Case of the Missing Portable DVD Player

This is in regards to my posting earlier this week about our portable dvd player that we left in our stateroom....

I just thought I would share with everyone (at least, those of you that have been biting your nails waiting ;)) that I received a message yesterday from RCI with an update. It was the supervisor that I had spoken to earlier in the week and had called to say that they had found the player and dvd's. YES, I couldn't believe it! Apparently, when the inital email was sent to the ship they looked under the date that we sailed (5/22) and not the date that the item was turned in (5/29). This I guess, caused some confusion on their end. Anyway, I am thrilled that they found it and don't need to worry about putting in a claim through our travel insurince

I am glad I pushed back on them to email the ship again and to contact the Head of Housekeeping. If I hadn't done that, it may not have ended back into our hands. I hope that this in some way helps anyone that has left an item on the ship to keep following up, as it just may show be found!

Thanks for reading and for everyone's replies from my earlier post....

Julie

So I guess you can retract this statement from your other thread???

I also find it very hard to belive that our Stateroom Attendant would have taken it. He was a very nice man and he loved our kids. However, the player just didn't get up and jump overboard. Someone took it and they were an employee....Sad, but true.

Sheesh, there they go again!:rolleyes:

I'm glad your player was found, usually these things have a way of sorting out. But don't be sorry you enquired/complained. Sometimes that is just what's required for someone to say " oh!!! Heeeree it is;)" If you hadn't asked about it, you probably would not have seen it again.

Hopefully, now that your DH has cooled down, he'll sail again, if it's the right trip for your family!

I am certain we will be sailing on RCI again. I haven't told DH yet about them finding it because he's away on business travel this week, so I thought I'd surprise him when he gets home tomorrow with the good news. I'm sure he'll also feel bad that he accused the S.A.

Now....What's the next cruise ;)????

This is in regards to my posting earlier this week about our portable dvd player that we left in our stateroom....

I just thought I would share with everyone (at least, those of you that have been biting your nails waiting ;)) that I received a message yesterday from RCI with an update. It was the supervisor that I had spoken to earlier in the week and had called to say that they had found the player and dvd's. YES, I couldn't believe it! Apparently, when the inital email was sent to the ship they looked under the date that we sailed (5/22) and not the date that the item was turned in (5/29). This I guess, caused some confusion on their end. Anyway, I am thrilled that they found it and don't need to worry about putting in a claim through our travel insurince

I am glad I pushed back on them to email the ship again and to contact the Head of Housekeeping. If I hadn't done that, it may not have ended back into our hands. I hope that this in some way helps anyone that has left an item on the ship to keep following up, as it just may show be found!

Thanks for reading and for everyone's replies from my earlier post....

Julie

So does this mean that your stateroom attendant did not steal from you as you were so sure in your initial thread?

People - give her a break. Everyone posts or speaks dramatically sometimes. :rolleyes:

Glad my little tip of Head of Housekeeping worked and that it was found. Like I said, when we found some nice belongings in our stateroom and turned them in, Guest Services were on top of it. It just doesn't move as quickly as you like sometimes. Congrats.

So does this mean that your stateroom attendant did not steal from you as you were so sure in your initial thread?

Someone else that needs to catch up on their reading.:rolleyes: Or, maybe they just can't resist the chance to "dig." I swear if this was a conversation in real life to a group of cruising friends there would be no such comments as those that are made here.

Someone else that needs to catch up on their reading.:rolleyes: Or, maybe they just can't resist the chance to "dig." I swear if this was a conversation in real life to a group of cruising friends there would be no such comments as those that are made here.

Whats there to reread. You accused the cabin attendant, not me. Later you had second thoughts after many responded that it was probably your fault.

I have to respond on this from my experience last month. I was out of my cabin and had to go get my camera. I went back to my cabin and found the door wide open and no attendant around....anywhere. People walking up and down the hall. I went in and went through my things to find my camera and guess who walks in...the attendant.

I was really upset that he left me cabin unattended with the door wide open. Now...had anything disappeared from my cabin during that cruise I would have assumed he has the pass key and only one with access to my cabin so I would have assumed he took it.

But now that I have seen this happen its no wonder things can get gone because when an attendant walks away from the cabin and leaves the door wide open anything can get gone. It could have taken 5 seconds to walk in and grab something.

I will always lock up my things from now on.

I assume they send it COD??? Or how does that work? I don't see them covering the shipping for people that forget their things....which I can only imagine how many items they end up at the end of the week. Even if it's a pair of underware or a sock...my guess is they have A LOT of the stuff the end of the week. I think I read on another post awhile back where somebody reported that the cruise line doesn't even acknowledge lost clothes....strictly something with significant value only.

Glad to hear it was found and not stolen....these guys/gals need these jobs bad, they can't afford to take people's stuff.

I would like to thank you for posting the update. Some lessor people might let it hang.

Archived