Changes to Riviera

Leonid

JimandStan, any way to tell by looking at the on-line deck plans which cabins will have the larger shower and no tub? We've already picked our cabin, but would change to a similar one if it had the larger shower (I'm 6'3" and Mrs D is 5'11"...).

On a Caribbean cruise having a tub is nice, as it makes a great place to rinse and drain snorkel stuff and swimsuits before putting out on the veranda to dry. But I don't think April in the Med is going to be condusive to water sports :o

JimandStan, any way to tell by looking at the on-line deck plans which cabins will have the larger shower and no tub? We've already picked our cabin, but would change to a similar one if it had the larger shower (I'm 6'3" and Mrs D is 5'11"...).

On a Caribbean cruise having a tub is nice, as it makes a great place to rinse and drain snorkel stuff and swimsuits before putting out on the veranda to dry. But I don't think April in the Med is going to be condusive to water sports :o

My understanding is that the tubs will not be eliminated on the Riviera. There are plans in the works, however, to add shower apparatus to the tubs, so that those who find the shower claustrophobic will have a second option.

The good news is that I am also 6'3, and found the shower to be just fine (although I was on the Marina early enough that the soap dishes had not yet been installed).

• 2 weeks later...
My understanding is that the tubs will not be eliminated on the Riviera. There are plans in the works, however, to add shower apparatus to the tubs, so that those who find the shower claustrophobic will have a second option.

The good news is that I am also 6'3, and found the shower to be just fine (although I was on the Marina early enough that the soap dishes had not yet been installed).

We are booked in a PH on the Riviera July 7,2012 sailing. Are you sure that there are definite plans to add shower apparatus to the Riviera PH tubs? I just called Oceania and one of the agents had no idea of any PH bathtub changes and did not know the shower or bathroom dimensions. I do not like showers that feel like a tube.

We are booked in a PH on the Riviera July 7,2012 sailing. Are you sure that there are definite plans to add shower apparatus to the Riviera PH tubs? I just called Oceania and one of the agents had no idea of any PH bathtub changes and did not know the shower or bathroom dimensions. I do not like showers that feel like a tube.

I know that they are "planning" on adding shower apparatus to the tubs, for the simple reason that Hondorner and I (along with Stan and the lovely Betsy) were shown plumbing samples when we were on the ship in February of this year.

This was early enough in the Marinas' career that the smallish showers were just about the only complaint that was being discussed.

Unfortunately, this exchange took place at the top of the Grand Staircase, just near the entrance to martinis', and we never got the chance to discuss the "when" of the install.

If I hear anything further, I'll post it here, but until then keep your fingers crossed.

Oceania appears to be sparing no expense when it comes to these ships, and the Riviera may well be introduced with the new tub hardware in place.

Well, I hope for their sake they change the tub surround. The way it is now, everytime someone uses the shower it will be like a little lake around the tub. Makes for a lot of extra work for the room stewards. That water, if not blotted up, will cause a lot of grout problems very quickly. I doubt that they want to put up one of those oval shower rods so that you pull the shower curtain completely around so the water accummulation would not happen.

We can only wait to see how they have fixed the problem that everyone had a comment on.

Bobi

Try the showers in the spa sauna/steam room area. Superb. I just bring a change of clothing for dinner, take a sauna at around 5 or 6 pm, and then meet my wife at the room to go to dinner. Also gives her plenty of space to get ready for dinner...(;>)

I vote for a second soap dish in the showers on the Marina - the shower is just too small to keep bending down to pick up all that won't fit in the one dish - shampoo, conditioner, etc.

I vote for a second soap dish in the showers on the Marina - the shower is just too small to keep bending down to pick up all that won't fit in the one dish - shampoo, conditioner, etc.

As long as we are "changing things", why not make the shampoo a different color from the shower gel (it usually is, but was not so on Marina). Without my glasses on in the shower it would be a challenge - had to sort things out before I removed my glasses, but if the bottles fell on the floor.... :D

I doubt that they want to put up one of those oval shower rods so that you pull the shower curtain completely around so the water accummulation would not happen

Um......(Blush)........as far as I understand it, that is exactly the plan

article_finder_One%20Piece%20Shower%20Tub_1_1.jpg An over the tub oval ring in conjunction with an overhead shower and a hand held wand.

My DH and I will be cruising on Oceania on the Marina for the first time in January 2012 and can’t wait. I‘ve been reading about the showers and many of you mention the booking nightmare if Oceania were to remove the tube and install one large shower. We have cruised on Regent numerous times and they have just done that. Look at their deck plans on their site and you will see they denote the suites changed to a large shower stall by a star. Let me say, those showers are wonderful.

Both of us are very excited about cruising on Oceania. We have read nothing but enthusiastic and positive comments!

We have cruised on Regent numerous times and they have just done that. Look at their deck plans on their site and you will see they denote the suites changed to a large shower stall by a star. Let me say, those showers are wonderful.

That would be great to have the larger shower & lose the tub

It may be a fight to get those cabins though :)

I agree about the soap dish, & while they are renovating the showers move the grab bar to another area I had bruises from whacking my arm on it ;)

Lyn

Archived