Suite advantages?

Fawn524

Could someone tell me what the amenities/perks are in suites on Princess? I'm a long time cruiser, but have never done a Princess before...my most recent was NCL, and they blew me away with their suites!

Anyway, I'm considering a cruise this Fall on the Carribean Princess out of NYC. Any advice/suggestions/thoughts/info would be greatly appreciated!

Breakfast in Sabatini's** with complimentary mimosas

Luxury mattresses

100% Egyptian cotton bed linens

European duvets

Massage shower heads

Luxury bathrobes and towels

Combined DVD and CD player

Complimentary DVD library

Enhanced bathroom amenities

Fresh flower arrangement

Complimentary one time mini-bar set-up

Extended room service menu

Choice of deluxe canapes delivered daily

Expedited embarkation process

Exclusive Lounge for disembarkation

Preferred Anytime Dining reservations

Personal Shore Excursion reservations

Enhanced turndown service on formal evenings

Dry cleaning, laundry, and shoe polishing services

Corsages and boutonnieres for special events

Private photo sessions

Free glass of champagne at special events

** Sabatini's is a specialty restaurant and is only open for breakfast for suite guests, not the general public.

There are probably a few more not listed above.

Thank you for the list, Rebel Soul!

I looked on the Princess site, and honestly couldn't find anything about suite perks, Chrysalis...would you mind giving me a link?

Here is the link, although this list is missing a few of the items already posted, as it was published quite some time ago and Princess has never updated it. http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na828&submit=pk

LOL, I guess I posted too much, as I see three of us posted within a couple of minutes of each other. :)

Thank you for the list, Rebel Soul!

I looked on the Princess site, and honestly couldn't find anything about suite perks, Chrysalis...would you mind giving me a link?

You are very welcome. I just did a quick search here on CC as I knew it'd be easier to do a copy/paste from another thread than do all that typing. (Laziness has its advantages for me sometimes. :D)

My husband and I just booked our first ever suite!! We leave in 15 days! My TA sent me these as the amenities!

Suites - Services

Expedited embarkation process

Preferred Anytime Dining reservations

Personal Shore Excursion reservations (Service provided onboard. Passengers will receive a letter in their stateroom)

Complimentary laundry and dry cleaning service

Complimentary shoe polishing service

Enhanced turndown service on formal evenings

6 dipped fruits or 3 dark and 3 light chocolates on a doily presented on a silver tray

Exclusive Elite Lounge (a reserved lounge area on disembarkation day for passengers to relax comfortably with complimentary coffee or juice, pastries and a local news paper-if available)

Dedicated priority line (actual queue, not telephone extension) at the Passenger Services Desk (Suite and Elite Captain's Circle passengers) - COMING SOON

Suites - Amenities

Breakfast in Sabatini's w/complimentary "Good Morning Mimosa" each morning - All ships except Sun Princess, Dawn Princess, Sea Princess which it is offered in-suite

Complimentary glass of champagne at embarkation

Top of the range luxury mattresses

Luxury 100% Egyptian cotton, high thread count ivory satin striped bed linens

Fluffy European Duvets

Pillow menu

Massage shower heads

Luxury bathrobes

Luxury towels

Combined DVD and CD player

Complimentary DVD library

Enhanced bathroom amenities

Halo illuminated magnifying vanity mirror

Princess Cruises tote bag

Complimentary use of the Lotus Spa Thermal Suite (available on the following ships: Caribbean, Coral, Crown, Diamond, Emerald, Island, Ruby, Sapphire and Star Princess).

Complimentary slippers

Fresh flower arrangement

Complimentary corsage and boutonniere on first formal night

Complimentary mini-bar - A one-time only mini-bar will be placed into each suite prior to embarkation. However, should the passenger require any additional supplies this will be at the discretion of the Passenger Services Director. The mini-bar set-up consists of the following items (subject to change and availability):

- Two (2) 50ml bottles Cognac - Courvoisier V.S.O.P.

- Two (2) 50ml bottles Gin – Beefeater

- Two (2) 50ml bottles Vodka – Skyy

- Two (2) 50ml bottles Whiskey - Canadian Club

- Two (2) Cans Beer - Dos Equis XX (Toohey's New will replace Dos Equis XX on Dawn Princess and Sun Princess)

- Two (2) Cans Tonic Water

- Two (2) Cans Coke

- Two (2) Cans Sprite

- 2 Small Waters

- 2 Perriers

Suites - Dining Services

Welcome glass of champagne

Extended room service menu (full breakfast, lunch, dinner offering) - Suite passengers only

In-suite afternoon tea service - Suite passengers only

Passenger's choice of deluxe canapes, delivered daily

Suites - Onboard Activities

Complimentary Internet access (includes Internet Cafe and WiFi Access) (Note that the Grand Suites have a computer in the stateroom)

Private portrait sitting

Auto Confirm Meal Seating

Passengers booked in Suites will be automatically confirmed on their preferred dining seating.

Lotus Spa Thermal Suite - Suite Passengers Only

Ship Notice We are delighted to extend the complimentary use of the Thermal Suite onboard to our suite passengers. The Thermal Suite is a communal relaxation center. Different grottos and chambers release a variety of dry heat, steam and mists into the air with aromatherapy filled vapors. Relax on a warm stone bed and allow the pressures of life to melt away. Please present your cruise card to the reception desk in the Lotus Spa for your entrance to the Thermal Suite. We also invite you to make an appointment at our Lotus Spa and choose from an endless array of exquisite treatments to promote pampering and rejuvenation.

All Lotus Spa treatments will be charged to your stateroom account.

Suites - Princess Captain's Circle Credits

Passengers who pay for and occupy a full suite (excludes mini-suites) will receive two cruise credits upon completion of that cruise.

Passengers who pay for and occupy a full suite (excludes mini-suites) and pay the single/exclusive occupancy fare and travel alone in their cabin will receive three cruise credits upon completion of that cruise.

MJAS-After all these years, we are still trying to figure out what "Enhanced turndown service on formal evenings " is. as to date, we have never had anything special. But would love to know what 'special' service we were supposed to get. ;):);)

I didn't even know we recieved anything special for turndown on formal nights, maybe because we seldom do formal! :eek:

My favorites are the unlimited internet, thermal suite, laundry and extended room service menu. On our last cruise we didn't get a tote bag, only the reuseable Princess bag that everyone had in their rooms.:confused:

Overall, I love the suite experience on Princess.

MJAS-After all these years, we are still trying to figure out what "Enhanced turndown service on formal evenings " is. as to date, we have never had anything special. But would love to know what 'special' service we were supposed to get. ;):);)

Hi Toto, I always thought that it meant that miy wife took a long time to get dressed really nice on the formal nights and would really turn me down if I get frisky.

I could be wrong.

Little Levity here.

Bob

Dedicated priority line (actual queue, not telephone extension) at the Passenger Services Desk (Suite and Elite Captain's Circle passengers) - COMING SOON

Not sure about every ship, but this has already been launched. It was on the CB last month. Can't wait to start using that as their line was much shorter and seemed to move faster.

My favorites are the thermal suite (!!!), the dipped fruits with chocolate, the better room service menu, and of course, all that extra room! There are a few others I like, but I get those now being Elite. I hope to experience breakfast at Sabatini's in the future as the last time we were in a suite, they were not offering that perk yet. :(

As for "Enhanced turndown service on formal evenings", no clue what the ____ that is. If there is a difference, I sure couldn't tell. The bed was turned down, we got chocolates...just like every other cruise we have taken.

After reading this thread, think the next cruise we book will have to be in a suite again. Now I just need to convince my DH to part with all that $$$.

What is the thermal spa?

I've only been in two thermal suites (spa), both on Grand class ships. My memory is failing me so guess it's time to visit the thermal suite next cruise. But I remember the heated tile lounge chairs, a steamroom, a rain shower, and I think a jet/massage shower. I cannot remember if there was a sauna or not, but I prefer steamrooms anyway.

The heated tile lounge chairs are heaven. I could spend the majority of a cruise on them, but I try to limit myself to 15 - 20 minutes at a time. There are only handful of them. My DH easily falls asleep on them, which isn't good because he snores. :rolleyes: (I wake him up immediately so it doesn't bother other passengers.)

I've only been in two thermal suites (spa), both on Grand class ships. My memory is failing me so guess it's time to visit the thermal suite next cruise. But I remember the heated tile lounge chairs, a steamroom, a rain shower, and I think a jet/massage shower. I cannot remember if there was a sauna or not, but I prefer steamrooms anyway.

The heated tile lounge chairs are heaven. I could spend the majority of a cruise on them, but I try to limit myself to 15 - 20 minutes at a time. There are only handful of them. My DH easily falls asleep on them, which isn't good because he snores. :rolleyes: (I wake him up immediately so it doesn't bother other passengers.)

My experience is the complete opposite. I feel very uncomfortable with other people, especially men, right next to me. It did feel wonderful but I'd rather do it in a private room.

I do love Sabatini's for breakfast if you want to do a hour plus breakfast. If you are in a hurry to get off the ship for a tour, I really don't like getting up early just to eat. Love it on sea days. There is just too much food on cruises - I'd really prefer to have a small breakfast delivered to the cabin.

I need to drop a few pounds and it's not easy on a cruise.

The best perk for me is the free internet - I use lots of minutes.

If you are Elite, you already get most of the perks.

It's great if you want to spend most of your time in the larger cabin - my second favorite part of the suite life.

Hi Toto, I always thought that it meant that miy wife took a long time to get dressed really nice on the formal nights and would really turn me down if I get frisky.

I could be wrong.

Little Levity here.

Bob

Bob..............Love It! :)

The list of suite perks makes it sound as if the mattresses in a suite are different from those in another category of cabins. Is that true?

I've heard the Princess mattresses can be a bit hard so I've already requested an eggcrate for my bed to be on the safe side.

Thanks.

The list of suite perks makes it sound as if the mattresses in a suite are different from those in another category of cabins. Is that true?

I've heard the Princess mattresses can be a bit hard so I've already requested an eggcrate for my bed to be on the safe side.

Thanks.

Not that we have ever noticed.

Archived