Suite advantages?

Fawn524

Hi, do the amenities apply to mini-suites? Thanks for the info.

No sorry, except for the larger stateroom, about the only amenity that is provided to mini suites is a glass of champagne delivered by your room steward. The extras listed here are for full suites only.

We recently returned from our cruise to Alaska. We had booked a mini-suite with a balcony and were surprised with an upgrade to a suite at check-in. I had requested an egg crate for the bed and they had managed to make sure it was on the upgraded room's bed. We found it to be quite comfortable. We loved all of the extra perks, perhaps more so because they were unexpected.

As we are early risers, we were always one of the first people at breakfast at Sabatini's so it did not take us overly long to get served. The food was wonderful and the staff was exceptional. We are now too spoiled:D

The list of suite perks makes it sound as if the mattresses in a suite are different from those in another category of cabins. Is that true?

I've heard the Princess mattresses can be a bit hard so I've already requested an eggcrate for my bed to be on the safe side.

Thanks.

I don't like the hard regular Princess mattresses so I always get an eggcrate, but this mattress in our suite is very different and comfy. I think it must be an "upgraded" one.

Go-Bucks, You're in a window suite this week aren't you? So you're saying the mattresses aren't hard as a rock? That is great - maybe I won't need that eggcrate after all when we're onboard next week!

Thanks!

Do the bathroom amenities include an air freshener spray?

There has been a "Linen Spray" in the ammenity basket.

A "free" glass of Champagne is mentioned.

Is this French Champagne or a sparkling wine?

The bottle says champagne.

As for the Enhanced Turn Down service. The first time we got a Window suite on the Golden when they first came out, on the first formal night we had a plate of chocolates that were soooo chocolately and creamy and had a truffle like inside. That is the only time we had that and whenever I ask, including a repeat on the Golden, noone knows what I'm talking about and denies they ever did that. That is the only thing I ever saw different and thought that was enhanced and of course Princess can't tell you what that means either.

The first time we got a Window suite on the Golden when they first came out, on the first formal night we had a plate of chocolates that were soooo chocolately and creamy and had a truffle like inside.

We got those tonight, but it was the second formal night. I don't like chocolate, but my friend said they were great. We got the chocolate covered strawberries on the first formal night.

Go-Bucks, You're in a window suite this week aren't you? So you're saying the mattresses aren't hard as a rock? That is great - maybe I won't need that eggcrate after all when we're onboard next week!

Thanks!

Yes, we're here now. I had planned to ask for the egg crate, but it feels fine to me.

P.S. Loving this room and the perks!!!!

I do love Sabatini's for breakfast if you want to do a hour plus breakfast.

Sure glad that hasn't happened to us! We've eaten there every morning and it's taken 30 min. on most mornings and 45 on one sea day. We get served immediately - that never happened in the MDR and the buffet took forever just to find a seat. ;) We're loving the Sabitini's breakfast!!

I don't have a great deal of suite experience, but I've found on the lines I have cruised on that one of the suite perks is that the bedding is better. I bet that's the case with Princess, too, even if they don't advertise it as such to make the rest of the passengers jealous. ha

We just got a call from our TA and we were upgraded to a Aft suite for our cruise leaving tomorrow on the Caribbean Princess. We got a 5 level upgrade !!!! Our TA was not sure of our if we would accept the upgrade because our reservatioin said no upgrades, but she called anyway. Glad she did. Since we are celebrating our anniversery, this works out well.

Thanks to this board , I found out that we can use the Thermal Spa no charge !!!. We were thinking about doing the Spa, but now since the price is right, lol, we are in.

Thank you all again for your help !!!!:)

Lance

We just got a call from our TA and we were upgraded to a Aft suite for our cruise leaving tomorrow on the Caribbean Princess. We got a 5 level upgrade !!!! Our TA was not sure of our if we would accept the upgrade because our reservatioin said no upgrades, but she called anyway. Glad she did. Since we are celebrating our anniversery, this works out well.

Thanks to this board , I found out that we can use the Thermal Spa no charge !!!. We were thinking about doing the Spa, but now since the price is right, lol, we are in.

Thank you all again for your help !!!!:)

Lance

Nice!! What category were you in to begin with, if I may ask? It's encouraging to know that even if you are marked "no upgrades" they can at least offer and then you have the option of declining if it doesn't suit you. :)

Nice!! What category were you in to begin with, if I may ask? It's encouraging to know that even if you are marked "no upgrades" they can at least offer and then you have the option of declining if it doesn't suit you. :)

We were upgraded from a AD category to a VS. Princess just called our TA and said that we were upgraded and then our TA called us. We cannot remember if we said "no upgrades" , we will take it , no problem:)

Archived