dining time confusion!

Hi,

Looking at Adventure of the seas Oct 2012, Canary islands from Malaga, when I was discussing this cruise with my travel agent she said that because the ship was going from Malaga the late dining time will change to 9.30 instead of 8.30 to suit our Mediterranean friends, has anybody else heard this, is it true? I cannot find anything about this in the brochure.

Nancy

Yes, on Voyager last year out of Barcelona the passengers were approximately 50% Spanish and late dining was late - 9:30 p.m. Early was at 6:30 p.m. The unintended consequence was that there was a lot of activity on the ship late into the night - which was a nice change from other ships where they roll up the sidewalks at 10:30 p.m. We were able to get MTD and made reservations in advance for 7:30 p.m. every night. We had the same wait staff and it worked out well.

Thank you everybody for your replies,they confirm that we may have made the right desion in plumping for MTD for the first time, usually we love late dining, with fixed table companions, (we have always been very lucky with our table companions), but with a good few port days, we dont really want to be still dineing at nearly midnight.

Can anybody tell me if you can have shared tables with MTD. I love to eat with my DH & DD, but I love to meet other defferent people as well.

Thanks

Nancy

Archived