Am I expecting an answer from my TA to quickly?

dvg1027

This past Monday I emailed my TA and told her which Caribbean cruise my parents and DH and I want to go on and gave her two staterooms to price for us-superior and deluxe verhandah plus travel insurance. No airfare is involved.

On Wed. she emailed me back that she was working on it. Today, Friday, I still haven't heard from her. She works for a large agency but many is the time I go in to see her and there is no one there. So it isn't that she is constantly busy. Am I expecting too much to have an answer by now?

If I am, I might consider looking at another agency. Usually I do my bookings on my own but I have never liked doing that with cruises. Also, if I decide to switch should I just tell her that we decided not to do it? Your thoughts?

If the TA works for a Brick and Mortar Agency and is not on the phones like an on-line agency then YES they should have gotten back to you far more quickly but that is my opinion but having said that it would also depend of if the agency was having any other big promotions that the requests and calls were coming in at triple the normal rate.

:o I admit that has happened to me on occasion such as this past 2 weeks on the micky cruise with Kids Sail Free.

If this agent has been quick in the past but suddenly slowed down, I would give them a chance, could be any number of good reasons, call or email to remind them again, if no response well you may want to check other places.

If this is the poor service you are getting now when she has ot yet gotten your money, what kind of service will she provide once she has you 'hooked'?

I would not book anything with her.

She doesn't deserve your business.

IMO,

Don't walk away from her; RUN.

in my opinion, any business' sales or customer service department should answer an email before they go home for the day / shift. I think that any delay beyond 24 hours is unacceptable, and I would look elsewhere.

IMO, IF she is so busy she doesn't have time to quote you in a full work week, she should say she has all the business she can handle and apologize she cannot give you the service you deserve and direct you elsewhere.

If she is too busy to work for you, she should not leave you 'hanging', IMO. She isn't showing you in any way that she 'values' your business.

I use an on line TA quite a bit for my cruises. Even when they have their huge sales (or incentives) and are very busy, I have a price and they have it booked within 24 hours - usually the same day unless i ask too late in the evening.

I think you have been kept waiting too long IMO. What happens if you need something once you book?:confused:

I think you have been more than patient - time to find someone who will take care of you. also nothing wrong with a quick call or email saying you are disappointed you have not heard back. (no threats or anything). JMO;)

If the T/A can't get back to you in a timely manner with pricing ... imagine the nightmare if you needed her assistance once you booked with her. HAL won't talk about reservations specifics with those who're using a T/A.

No, I don't think you're expecting too much. Unless her usual pricing and service blow all the competition out of the water ... perhaps it's time to move on to someone who treasures your business.

If the cruise is a ways out, book it with HAL directly. You can change to a travel agent prior to final payment. That way you might still be able to get the cabin you want, and then shop for another agent.

Don't tell the agent you have been using you are leaving. Wait to see how long it takes them to get back to you. In no way should you use your present agent.

Whenever I email our bricks and mortar TA about a cruise she has a quote back to me within an hour or two. When I ask her to book, I will get a confirming email within the same time frame. It may be the next day before she emails the itinerary to me but I get a confirming email that we are booked right away.

I call the on line agency that we use. I give them the details-ship, date, type of cabin, and sometimes even cabin.

They put me on hold for about 5 minutes, sometimes longer. Once or twice it has been an hour later if the cruise line is busy or even the next day if it is past the normal cruise line business hours. But always within 2 or 3 business hours.

Then they come back with the exact fare, the amount of OBC credits, and let me know if there are better prices on similar cabins in the category....verandah, outside, etc. We have done this on weekend days and unsocial hours. Same thing happens when we call for repricing.

Time to get another TA.

Whenever I email our bricks and mortar TA about a cruise she has a quote back to me within an hour or two. When I ask her to book, I will get a confirming email within the same time frame. It may be the next day before she emails the itinerary to me but I get a confirming email that we are booked right away.

That's good service and how it should be IMO

We had a Brick & Mortar TA who was like that and we used them for years....... until they went out of business. :eek: :(

We are happy with the PCC who does our bookings now and has for a number of years. There aren't many local TA' s left in our very cosmopolitan area. The internet etc hurt most of them very badly.

Who are some good online TA's that can help me with things like scooter rentals, etc. My parents are 89 and 90. Thanks.

Google "Care Vacations" and see if they are at the port you need -- they do much of the scooter and w/c rental for the cruiselines. You do not need a TA for that :)

5 days and you wonder if you are expecting too much???! I would have been looking for another TA 4 days ago. I email my TA, get a return email immediately, and a phone call with the info I requested plus alternative options to think about in an hour or so. And he is the owner of a very busy brick&mortar cruise only agency (though we've never actually met as we are 500 miles away). 5 days is totally unreasonable.

Alot of online cruise agencies have search engines that are directly connected to the cruise line so you can do your own research and pricing that way. Just insert the pertinent data and viola, instant pricing and availability. It's a good way to get an idea of what it's going to cost. Then you can shop around for a TA that matches or offers better. I always do my own research and start from there when deciding who I'm going to book with.

I can think of at least four occasions when we have either booked or re-priced that the cabin price actually went up within 24 hours of us booking or rebooking. This is one of the reasons why we use on on line TA (she is good). When we see a price decrease we can call and have it dealt with immediately-by her or by someone else in the shop.

Service counts for a lot when you are buying a commodity product. If you are getting this level of service when you about to book, just think what the service, or lack thereof, will be after you have booked!

If our personal TA is out of the office then another agent will handle any questions we have. We always have access to the agency during their normal business hours, 7 days per week. Anything less is unacceptable.

I was stranded at the Charlotte airport with a broken down plane and a flight to Rome in the balance to make our cruise in May. I called my TA, she found me another flight, which the Delta agent was either unable, or unwilling to do, and I flew Luftansa to Munich then a connection to Rome to make my cruise on time. Not only that, she gave me her personal cell phone number in case something happened after she had left the office for the evening. Because of her, my son and I made our cruise on time, even if our luggage didn't. That is one good TA! She has earned my business for as long as I travel!:D

Diane

I use to work for a large international TA. My particular office was in DC and only arranged government travel. One of the other local offices had a agent who died at his desk, so things were screwed up in the office for awhile I would call again, she might have had to leave due to an emergency.

You should run to another TA. In my opinion you should have had an email or a phone call within two hours just to acknowledge your request and a price by the end of business. If the request came late in the day then no later than noon the next day for quote and even a booking confirmation. That is not good customer service.

I'm happy to hear you have a hold on the cabins you want. At least you know they are being 'protected' and you can think about what you want to do and how you want to do it.

Archived