Free Laundry on Princess

ChaCr

The Emerald had the "fill a bag for $20" last week when I was onboard. You have to look for a tiny ad in the Patter for this. It was only on a certain day, but I have seen it on all of my Princess cruises.

I am just wondering why, if you can buy an up front laundry experience, we haven't heard anything about it on board or on Cruise Critic. I've certainly been on enough Princess cruises (probably more than cindeedee) to have heard about this offer. :confused:

I am just wondering why, if you can buy an up front laundry experience, we haven't heard anything about it on board or on Cruise Critic. I've certainly been on enough Princess cruises (probably more than cindeedee) to have heard about this offer. :confused:

It wasn't on a Princess cruise, if I read her/his post right, unless Princess has a new ship called the Prinsendam.

It wasn't on a Princess cruise, if I read her/his post right, unless Princess has a new ship called the Prinsendam.

I know........HAL. But if you look at her post (#16), she alludes to either the Sapphire or Diamond.

There is a small yellow sticker (sometimes very hard to remove) with a # attached to each item of the laundry. On a couple of cruises, it appeared that the items from each pax were also pinned together because I found tiny holes on all the laundry items (except shirts).

I'd like to use the Princess laundry service on our upcoming cruise & was wondering how they keep things together, like a pair of socks.

Thanks.

:confused:My big question is whether this pre-paid laundry service is available on Princess ships?

Thanks - Mary

I'm not sure what you're referring to. I've never heard of a pre-paid laundry service on Princess and, I could be mistaken, but I don't recall it being mentioned in this thread. Have you heard or read about such a service somewhere?

I'd like to use the Princess laundry service on our upcoming cruise & was wondering how they keep things together, like a pair of socks.

Amazingly, when the laundry is returned to you, the socks are correctly matched together in pairs.

2 years since my last cruise and am still finding those little stickers on some clothes.

Ah you see them, they bring back memories, then use the Princess shampoo you brought back, put your lanyard and last cruise card around your neck and it eases your cruise withdrawal symptoms.

To make it even more tragic, I went to golf today and wore my Princess Cruises polo shirt and Princess cruises cap, yes only a truce cruise tragic would do that. LOL.

Only a hundred or so days until we board Ruby on 7 Oct !

I thought that was what was referenced in post #12 - perhaps I misunderstood.

Thanks - Mary

Ah, my mistake. I misunderstood.

Yes, as was mentioned, it seems to be offered on some ships and/or the longer itineraries, although we have never yet seen it offered on any of our cruises. We were especially keeping out eyes open for it on our 12 day Tahitian-Hawaiian cruise a few years ago, but it never appeared. Not sure what the criteria is for determining when it will be offered, but understand it's posted in the Patter when it is available. Good luck!

If you go to the front desk on the day you board, ask them how much it costs for unlimited laundry for your voyage. The amount changes depending on how many days your cruise is. DH and I always do that - it is pretty reasonable and we send out our stuff daily (except for the last day). Everything comes back clean and folded...........and ironed! Even tee shirts come back ironed and on hangers. And even though they tell you 2-3 day turn-around, we have always gotten stuff back the next day - if the cabin steward comes in to clean early enough, we have even gotten it back the same day at no extra charge.

It's a bargain to me because we take longer cruises and it means I don't have to do any laundry on board....it's worth the cost!

Check it out on your next Princess cruise.....

Cindiedee

I've also had the fast turn around time on other lines by being sure your bag of laundry gets to your steward by 9 a.m.

That is such good news. Thanks for sharing.

For the poster who wondered why it is not common knowledge, perhaps they keep track of how many people actually do this, and know if they need to hire extra personnel in the laundry! Can you imagine if every suite passenger turned in laundry every day, plus those not in suites sending daily bags for an unlimited amount of laundry.

I love having the free laundry service, but most times have received the laundry back in 2 days. Guess our cabin stewards are slow. I love the way they press my husbands slacks, but I have had a white shirt and white sweater that the marker on the tape bled through. So check your items and remove the sticker.

I was just on the Golden's May 14 cruise and I only paid $1.00 for the washer and $1.00 for the dryer.

Took those laundry sheets that have detergent and fabric softener all in one.Worked great.

The cost on our recent Golden Princess ship was $2 for the washer which took 30 minutes and $2 for the dryer which was 45 minutes.

Great perk for the full suites. Does not apply to the mini-suites.

Archived