Lifts and the Aqua Spa cafe

Jo and Rob

How many lifts are there at the front of the ship on Eclipse? Do lifts on Celebrity have illuminated lights above them so you can see from a distance if the lift is going up or down, or do they have different dings for up and down? Our cabin is at the front, so is the kids club and the theatre so I can see these lifts having pretty heavy use. Have you found it ever to be a problem? I imagine it can be quite a bottle neck in the evenings.

I am planning an early morning coffee run for the first coffee on the balcony. Can I get coffee at the Aqua Spa cafe? I see I can get my freshly squeezed juice there, can I get a coffee at the same time on my N/A package or are they really strict about one drink at a time as it is breakfast time when everyone drinks both at the same time. If not what would you forgo and have from room service instead, the coffee or the orange juice?

Can you tell me your recommendations for a pre-breakfast nibble from the Aqua Spa cafe? What would you say is worth carrying back to the cabin and what is better just ordering from room service? There are four of us in the cabin, but as I have my N/A package I might as well have fresh something to drink, and while I am down there is it worth bringing food back too?

As I recall from some of your previous posts you wish freshly squeezed orange juice and good coffee. Same responses as before then, you will need to go to the main buffet juice bar for your juice and deck 5 Cafe Al Bacio for your coffee.

Aqua spa did not have freshely squeezed

You could take something back from Aqua spa - remember though its not open as early as other places, if you have to take something back, take it from Al Bacio

Never paid any attention to the lifts, not something that comes into my checklist at all. They came if I used them, I recall the colour changes on the door light above as they are arriving. You will find many people use the stairs anyway. I am sure they are not going to be an issue for you on board

There are 2 sets of elevators in the forward section. 1 set portside

and 1 set starboard. I don't remember if they are "lit up" or not. I know

the center elevators are glass and you have a full view.

Yes, they serve coffee in the Aqua Spa Cafe. Good coffee? You mean

Specialty coffees? No, those are not served there. Regular and decaf

only. I have tried the yogart parfaits before and found them delicious.

Fresh fruit is layered throughout with granola. Not sure if you consider

that "a nibble" or not.

Oh hi Ann:)

As I recall from some of your previous posts you wish freshly squeezed orange juice and good coffee. Same responses as before then, you will need to go to the main buffet juice bar for your juice and deck 5 Cafe Al Bacio for your coffee.

Aqua spa did not have freshely squeezed

You could take something back from Aqua spa - remember though its not open as early as other places, if you have to take something back, take it from Al Bacio

Never paid any attention to the lifts, not something that comes into my checklist at all. They came if I used them, I recall the colour changes on the door light above as they are arriving. You will find many people use the stairs anyway. I am sure they are not going to be an issue for you on board

That is strange as I was looking at the drinks lists of smoothies that someone posted of Aqua Spa cafe and that had freshly squeezed orange and grapefruit juice. :confused: I take it I can get the complementary coffee at this cafe then.

I didn't realise that the Aqua Spa cafe didn't open early. That is a shame as it would be handy for us. How late is late? I can't believe I would have to go all the way up to the buffet to get an orange juice! Can you not get it at Cafe al Bacio either?

Thank you for the comments about lifts. It is good to know that people don't get frustrated having to wait ages.

From your posts it seems you are talking about premium coffee (ie americano, cappucino etc) as you mention your premium card - right? In which case, sorry in the morning if you are not Captains Club elite you have to go to Al Bacio (Elites also can access these at no charge in Michaels). If you are happy with the ordinary coffee, which many do not like, you can get some from just beside the juice bar on Deck 14.

Also read you wanted freshly squeezed, if you are happy with carton juice they MAY have some at Al Bacio but this is not guaranteed.

Late can be 0830 or 0900 depends on whether it is a port or at see day

I suggest you just go with the flow and make your plans when you are on board depending on the circumstances of the opening times each day and how tolerable you find the non premium coffee

The forward elevator lobby has 4 elevators. The mid-ships elevators are arranged on either side of the atrium -- 4 on the port side and 4 on the starboard side. Next to each elevator entry door are lighted arrows showing the direction the eleator is traveling.

Apart from the Elite breakfast lounge, the only freshly squeezed orange juice we saw was that available at extra cost in the main buffet. I have no knowledge of whether this might be available as part of a N/A beverage package.

In our experience across the most of the Celebrity ships, the Aqua Spa grill opens for breakfast at 7:30 AM. This did not seem to change based on whether it was a port day or a sea day. No special coffees were available here, just the regular and decaf brewed coffees. It may be a blind spot in my memory, but I don't recall seeing an orange juice dispenser here; not even the made from concentrate variety that is on tap in the main buffet.

The elevators have a lighted number above them showing the particular deck where the elevator currently is. One has to watch the numbers change to see if the elevator is going up or down.

Art

I believe that the juice dispenser in the M-class Aqua Spa is opposite the food, so you might have missed it. In the S-class it was on the actual buffet. It had the same juices as on the buffet -- OJ from concentrate, apple juice, a mixed fruit juice, and at lunch, lemonade and iced tea along with a different mixed fruit punch.

That is strange as I was looking at the drinks lists of smoothies that someone posted of Aqua Spa cafe and that had freshly squeezed orange and grapefruit juice. :confused: I take it I can get the complementary coffee at this cafe then.

I didn't realize that the Aqua Spa cafe didn't open early. That is a shame as it would be handy for us. How late is late? I can't believe I would have to go all the way up to the buffet to get an orange juice! All the way up is only one or 2 floors...you could always use the stairs

Thank you for the comments about lifts. It is good to know that people don't get frustrated having to wait ages.

Aqua Spa does not have complimentary coffee as such. It is available for everyone.

I believe that the juice dispenser in the M-class Aqua Spa is opposite the food, so you might have missed it. In the S-class it was on the actual buffet. It had the same juices as on the buffet -- OJ from concentrate, apple juice, a mixed fruit juice, and at lunch, lemonade and iced tea along with a different mixed fruit punch.

That must say something about how much I liked the juice from concentrate :)

Art

Archived