"Angry Bird on Vacation!" Carnival Liberty Review 5/28/2011

StingRaysfan

I don't know how I missed this review. Loved reading it!! Only reason I found out about it was because some sourpuss has put up a thread re: how silly they think folks are who carry around these stuffed animals on the ship, and numerous posters commented how awesome your thread was. At least the OP's snarky thread led me to your review. Again, loved it!!:)

[quote name='BeccaBecca1713']I don't know how I missed this review. Loved reading it!! Only reason I found out about it was because some sourpuss has put up a thread re: how silly they think folks are who carry around these stuffed animals on the ship, and numerous posters commented how awesome your thread was. At least the OP's snarky thread led me to your review. Again, loved it!!:)[/QUOTE]

You aint lyin about that... that OP puts the word Sour in the puss for sure! I can't believe someone would let that bother them!

I'm glad you found the review though!

Standby around New Years for another great adventure.... LOL I'm going to put all the 2.0 upgrades in my review!

[COLOR=purple][B]As I posted before much earlier in response to your posting; to me, it was HYSTERICAL and very creative.[/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=purple][/COLOR]
[COLOR=purple][B]That anyone would even bother to START a thread with that topic is beyond ridiculous to me![/B][/COLOR]

[quote name='StingRaysfan']I've debated the last couple weeks on whether I should take the time out to write this, but I find that even though we don't have a cruise booked (and may not for awhile) I keep coming back to Cruise Critic and read, so why not. Plus I need to share all the fun our Angry Bird had on his vacation.

For anyone not familiar with Angry Birds.... it's a game you can play on say Ipad or a touch screen phone. Basically the pigs stole the birds eggs, and the birds are all angry and ticked off and they go after the pigs by using a slingshot and shooting themselves at the pigs. My husband became an Angry Birds addict and one day I got him this bird. I felt so bad for it with it's sourpuss face all the time.. we took it on our cruise to try to cheer him up.

So I guess I'll start at the beginning. We live about 3 and a half hours from the Port of Miami, so we don't have any of those cool hotel or out the window of the plane pics.. or even any "house in the snow" pics... so instead we got some shots of us packing and getting ready....

[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/rapril2000/PICT0033.jpg[/IMG]

Gotta get all the scuba gear packed

[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/rapril2000/PICT0035.jpg[/IMG]

Loading the car!

[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/rapril2000/PICT0037.jpg[/IMG]

And we are off!!!!! Check out that stinkin pig... stalking me on my vacation!

[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/rapril2000/PICT0039.jpg[/IMG]

We arrived at the Port around 10:30. I'll be honest, we were just too darn excited to wait to leave our house. We were out the door about 6:45 am. We were in Ocean Suite 7238 so we were lucky and got to wait in the VIP lounge until around 11:30 when they walked us on the ship... here's a pick of angry bird chillin with us in the VIP lounge... He's still looking angry.. probably at having to wait.

[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/rapril2000/PICT0043.jpg[/IMG]

to be cont......[/QUOTE]

If it weren't after midnight I would read this entire thread, but I guess I'll do it in the morning!! I LOVE Angry Birds and so does my 7 year old grandson! I bought him a bunch of the birds and pigs for Christmas so he can create his own fun with them!!

this review inspired my two kids to bring their angry birds on the liberty this christmas when they go on their first cruise. Of course one of the birds makes noises if u squeeze it..i loved this review it made cruising even more fun . cant wait to read more..:):cool:

Took me a while to read through all the posts, but this was hilarious! I love it!

My 2 year old granddaughter plays Angry Birds on an I-pad and loves them! I didn't realize they had stuffed animals, so that will be added to the Christmas list!

I may take along a stuffed animal and take pictures - my kids (adults) will probably roll their eyes at me, but I don't care! We're on vacation and I want to have FUN!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Really enjoyed your review! Yall would be a blast to cruise with! Thanks for posting all the great pictures! I literally laughed out loud at some of them! Hilarious! Thanks again so much for posting this fantastic review!!

Vicki

[quote name='StingRaysfan']BUCS SEASON TICKET HOLDERS BABY!!! :) There is a pic of Angry bird drinking out of a bucs Tervis Tumbler.. I'll have to find it.. we are in North Port in Sarasota County![/quote]

LOL not sure how I missed this originally. Oh wait I remember now Honeymoon in the Dominican!!

I used to live in Northport! Right on Biscayne Blvd. and the May. river, I graduated from Venice High and my brothers still live in North port!

Small world!!:)

[quote name='cruise_pirate']LOL not sure how I missed this originally. Oh wait I remember now Honeymoon in the Dominican!!

I used to live in Northport! Right on Biscayne Blvd. and the May. river, I graduated from Venice High and my brothers still live in North port!

Small world!!:)[/QUOTE]

It IS a small world! It's not like population wise North Port is that big as you know! The husband graduated from Venice High (c/o 91), although I didn't. How did you like the Dominican? La Romana is one of our stops on our Valor cruise....

Thanks to everyone that has found and revived my review!!! :) It keeps popping up again! ;) I'm glad you all enjoyed it and as we leave in 14 days there will be another review to follow after Christmas! I'm letting Angry Bird bring a friend along this time so he's not bored!

Great review. We did the Liberty last Thanksgiving and loved it. We are also from FL and I hear you loud and clear about the beaches...we rarely visit them because as you said, it's hot and sticky and sandy, yuck! That being said, I am dying to go to HMC. All of the photos and reviews look wonderful!!

OP, Thank you for starting this thread. I just got a new Kindle Fire 2 weeks ago and have been playing Angry Bird constantly - so much so that I have a knot in my neck and my right arm hurts from firing down to get those little pigs. We sail in Feb and I will ask for the bird for Christmas as I think he needs to travel on our Western Caribbean Cruise. If this thread is still active upon our return I will respond with pics.

Thank you again, you gave made me laugh out loud:)

[quote name='Coolcruise02']Great review! I say let people have their FUN! I bring home rocks and sand. I'm sure that probably upsets someone. :)[/quote]

HA! My husband steals rocks all the time... I'm sure there are those that would get upset. He was so sneaky and proud of his Grand Canyon rock... the latest is the rock from Discovery Cove. I'm thinking amusement park rocks are pushing the line of acceptable rocks to take. He couldn't take it but I will always remember the time we went to the Titanic exhibit and there was a big piece of the Titanic hull there with signs not to touch... I went into the next area and he ran over to me whispering "I TOUCHED THE TITANIC!" LOL! If he could have taken a piece of it he would have!

Froufie- went to the chat yesterday after I read this.. and no one was there :( I think I hit the wrong times...

We just came off the liberty Last Saturday..We had a very nice time :) She is a Beautiful Ship!! Have fun on your next cruise..and Cant wait to read how Angry bird and his friend liked the cruise...lol

Im also in chat try back every once in a while :)

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='Rudyard']Found this review through the stuffed animal haters thread. Love it! Great pics. Now I need to go play some Angry Birds :D[/QUOTE]

I hear Angry Bird (and his new travel 'companion) has just returned from yet another Liberty cruise - so I'm sure we'll get another good review in a little while! :D:D

Archived