Bermuda dropped from TA Itinerary

Leonid

Are you sure you booked the right ship??

my brochure shows the Riveira was not going to Bermuda

Hello!! Anybody home!! I asked why Bermuda was dropped from the TA crossing.Usually it has been the last stop before Miami. Amazing!!! What a response!!

Hello!! Anybody home!! I asked why Bermuda was dropped from the TA crossing.Usually it has been the last stop before Miami. Amazing!!! What a response!!

Back to your rude self I see:eek:

how can it be dropped if it was never in the itinerary

Some of the other TA's still have Bermuda just not the one you are on

Back to your rude self I see:eek:

how can it be dropped if it was never in the itinerary

Some of the other TA's still have Bermuda just not the one you are on

Let me try to explain it so you'll understand. I never said that Bermuda was part of the itinerary..it just seemed strange that it would be deleted for a day at sea.Just wanted feedback on my question. And no, I doubt it was for fuel reasons. And yes, I am aware that other itineraries do include the Bermuda stop. Not his one. Again, that was the purpose of my original post.

Clear enough.:rolleyes:

Most TA's to Miami start the crossing from the Azores so hitting Bermuda is not a problem

As noted the other TA's going to MIA DO stop in Bermuda

Your cruise goes further down the coast to the Canaries so going straight to Miami is more of a direct route

Lyn

BTW your statement

DW and I were really looking forward to the stop. No deal breaker though.

implied that it was in the itinerary when you booked which it was not

I agree that the implication of the original post is that Bermuda was listed on the itinerary and then "dropped", otherwise the question would have been "I wonder why Bermuda was not included in the itinerary."

You can't drop a ball from your hand that is not first in your hand.

Unbelievable. Three peas in the same pod. Did any of you ever take a course in logic. Appears not. What you three did was assume something I did not state. Obviously, your three minds work differently than mine. Amazing.:rolleyes:

Unbelievable. Three peas in the same pod. Did any of you ever take a course in logic. Appears not. What you three did was assume something I did not state. Obviously, your three minds work differently than mine. Amazing.:rolleyes:

Make that 4 peas in that pod. REREAD your own post:rolleyes:

We're booked on that Riviera TA and I had to double-check our itinerary when I read the post! I also thought that somehow Bermuda was in and now was out. But sure enough, it was never there. I guess Leonid was asking why Oceania decided to not include Bermuda on this particular TA, since they usually have in the past. No biggie.

I do not think logic comes into play here

You assumed people would know what you were talking about.

Insulting people will not make it right

I am standing by my post

Most TA's to Miami start the crossing from the Azores so hitting Bermuda is not a problem

As noted the other TA's going to MIA DO stop in Bermuda

Your cruise goes further down the coast to the Canaries so going straight to Miami is more of a direct route

If you really want the correct answer you should contact the powers that be & ask

YOU assumed the cruise was going to Bermuda

Nuff said :rolleyes:

Lyn

You said "Anyone want to venture a guess as to why O dropped Bermuda from the Riviera TA itinerary?"

You assumed that Oceania's Trans Atlantic itinerary was going to include Bermuda and it doesn't. That does not mean it was "dropped."

P.S. I got straight A's in logic courses.

You guys are really polite and patient which makes me look forward to my first cruise with Oceania's Regatta in the fall - whose first stop, by the way, is Bermuda.

But not on a TA

;)

Enjoy the cruise

You guys are really polite and patient which makes me look forward to my first cruise with Oceania's Regatta in the fall - whose first stop, by the way, is Bermuda.

On our only visit there we too were there in the late Fall. The weather was perfect though every one who lived there thought it to be cooold. The beaches were empty and beautiful. If you have not sailed into Hamilton before, or even if you have, make sure you are on deck. It is a very beautiful harbour and you'll cruise so close to the coastline, pastel coloured homes and islets.

We sailed there before on a ship small enough to enter St. George's harbor, Hamilton and finally King's Wharf where the big ships dock. I am always up and out when we approach, enter and leave a port. After all, that's one of the major reasons why I take the cruise.:)

Lynn, Bermuda is our first stop after the crossing in December:)

Maria

I think you are missing the point

You are sailing from Azores before hitting Bermuda on route to Miami

The OP is sailing from the Canaries a bit of a jaunt north to hit Bermuda on the way to Miami ...Not cost effective

FLORIDIANA is not doing a crossing they are going from NY to MIA via the Amazon

If one were to look at a map you can see the logistics in sailing from the Azores compared to the Canaries

We sailed there before on a ship small enough to enter St. George's harbor, Hamilton and finally King's Wharf where the big ships dock. I am always up and out when we approach, enter and leave a port. After all, that's one of the major reasons why I take the cruise.:)

Wow - that would be great to sail into St George's Harbour. Regatta docked at Hamilton Harbour - right on Front street. Walk off the ship and that is it.

Sailing past King's Wharf and curving through Great Sound, past all the small islands and wonderful homes and scenery into Hamilton that I thought was so spectacular. Having cruised into the Great Sound already I am sure you can appreciate that I'd love to do that again. If sailing into the harbour for St George's was like it would be double the incentive to go back.

bermudacruiseports.gif

Lyn, I was missing the point. My bad! Didn't read the entire post.:D I am sticking my head back in the sand. :)

Maria

I think you are missing the point

You are sailing from Azores before hitting Bermuda on route to Miami

The OP is sailing from the Canaries a bit of a jaunt north to hit Bermuda on the way to Miami ...Not cost effective

FLORIDIANA is not doing a crossing they are going from NY to MIA via the Amazon

If one were to look at a map you can see the logistics in sailing from the Azores compared to the Canaries

Archived