If you could change one thing...

vols_159

I'm going to start a new thread because I'm curious about how people envision this working. When Carnival had its non-smoking ship it was a Caribbean Cruise each week. With varied itineraries I don't see how it could work. As I said I will post another thread and would love to read people's responses.

No one hates the smell of smoke more than I do, but unless there is an itinerary the same it's not going to make or break my cruise decision.

Wish customer service and PCC'S could be more consistent--one time you ask a ? get one thing next time you ask it's another. One person gets OBC next one "oh no can't do that" even tho it's same sailing ect..:rolleyes: It's just strange to talk to three different people and never get the same response!!:confused: More training is needed!!

Carnival is the same way, trust me!!

Buy whatever software program Carnival has so you can check your account on the TV. Saves me time and the staff time. We always check every few days to make sure we're within our planned budget. So convenient with Carnival to put in the folio number and check. We could also do dinner reservations and book shore excursions that way. VERY convenient.

Everyone keeps quoting what other lines do. If you like what they do then sail on them. Leave us smokers, drinkers, and cruisers who just like being relaxed casual on a cruise alone. It's like here in Texas. They keep moving here from their crappy states and then trying to change the way we do things.

Buy whatever software program Carnival has so you can check your account on the TV. Saves me time and the staff time. We always check every few days to make sure we're within our planned budget. So convenient with Carnival to put in the folio number and check. We could also do dinner reservations and book shore excursions that way. VERY convenient.

You can check your account on the TV on the Gem.

Epic provides the ability to monitor your account on-line. Not sure about the others yet.

Everyone keeps quoting what other lines do. If you like what they do then sail on them. Leave us smokers, drinkers, and cruisers who just like being relaxed casual on a cruise alone. It's like here in Texas. They keep moving here from their crappy states and then trying to change the way we do things.

looks like one vote for mandatory smoking, drinking and relaxing. :D

The point of the question is what would individuals like to see implemented. These can be new ideas, old ideas or things that other ships do. Just because others don't share your passion for some of these things doesn't make their "wish list" invalid. Also, it doesn't mean that if their "wish" isn't implemented that some other line would be preferred. I will still cruise NCL and not be interested in Carnival or some other lines for various reasons, regardless of whether or not my "wish" is implemented.

I'd revamp the loyalty program during my 24 hours. I know this has been beat to death, but I'd DEFINITELY change it to based on $$ spent (I cruise insides and think those that book the pricey rooms should get rewarded!) and increase the enticement to move up by offering better rewards (and another uber level above platinum). Leave someone else to figure out how to implement it. :-)

Ms blep, I like your attitude! That's what makes Texas great! ;)

I keep the bars busy, but I'm not a smoker...

Ensure that the NCL website is accurate and up to date at all times!!

Make website accuracy more important that making it pretty

allow guests to bring a couple bottles of wine on without the corkage fee. I am not talking about your entire collection of wine, just a little for cabin use.

For those who say a non smoking ship: this has been tried and does not work; the problem, cruise lines depend on groups booking which is a good part of thier business: most groups of more than about 20 people will have a few smokers, if a smoker can not smoke on a ship (we are talking a few sea days etc) they will not cruise, thus it can affecrt how many will book the cruise. It isn't like a hotel where you can just go outside and puff, you are talking a day or so, sometime longer without a smoke.

Nita

move the star somewhere else...NYC wants another new ship like the Gem and not an older ship

Well, I think every port would like to have the newest ships---but I believe if you look at where the Star is sailing from over the the next couple years, it won't be in NY long

They should build a ship with a sliding glass roof over the pool area (like HAL) for the ship that sails year round out of New York.

We've cruised Alaska several times-most with NCL. But I have to admit that the covered pool solarium on the Royal Caribbean Radiance OTS was pretty awesome for up there :)

Figure out a way to keep track of kids in the kids' prgrams better! It made me really uneasy to drop off the granddaughter without even a wrist band or beeper in case one of use was wanted! Yes, we did sign her in, but her wandering out was just too easy--and a wandering 7 year old with her grandma's sense of direction is not okay.

Also, find a way to make the cruise fun again---there could be more to do during the day. I know they are small, but I love the games, even with tacky prizes, and the relationships that form (albeit briefly) from the 30 minute competition.

Another example, we like the dance classes, and find them pretty well attended, but the last several cruises we have been on offered only 1 or 2, or none at all. The dancers who could teach are already onboard, so where's the extra cost to the cruise line? Plus, hot sweaty passengers are more likely to seek a drink at a bar after dancing than the book-readers on deck. $$

One last thing (maybe...no promises). I can't stand sitting in the theatre before a show and being bombarded with increasingly insistent pleas to buy those paper tear off things... what are they called? they are like pull tabs. NCL needs to make money, but please find another time/place/way to do so! I'd pay extra just to go to a show and be able to relax while I staked out a seat! Oh, yeah, I already do...on other lines.

On the CCL Glory, this system was extremely difficult to work. We didn't bother after a couple of days as it wasn't worth the trouble. But I presume the newer CCL ships have a better system. It works great on the NCL ships.

improve the food quality in the MDR and make 75% of the fleet non smoking

sorry, not realistic; it has been explained why non smoking ships do not work. As a non smoker, I am not at all bothered by those who smoke on the ship. Most are considerate. Non smoking ships are not like non smoking restaurants or hotels.

We would all like to see the food improved but we are talking about preparing meals for 2000 plus. It is always going to be a closer to banquest quality than 4 or 5 star and to upgrade much you would need to upgrade the price as well.

Nita

I'm going to start a new thread because I'm curious about how people envision this working. When Carnival had its non-smoking ship it was a Caribbean Cruise each week. With varied itineraries I don't see how it could work. As I said I will post another thread and would love to read people's responses.

No one hates the smell of smoke more than I do, but unless there is an itinerary the same it's not going to make or break my cruise decision.

The Carnival ship did not work, why do you think they went back to smoking? They even tried moving the ship to a new location, it still didn't work.

Nita

Monte took my idea ... Let me cruise free!

In all seriousness, my wish would be to work on a ship to cruise from Galveston and/or Houston. (And to get the website fully functional, train the PCC's so they know more than we do, update Latitudes so can work towards a level higher than Platinum, and be open to all the great ideas this thread has explored.)

On the CCL Glory, this system was extremely difficult to work. We didn't bother after a couple of days as it wasn't worth the trouble. But I presume the newer CCL ships have a better system. It works great on the NCL ships.

Mooder - are you saying the Jewel has that access available from your stateroom???

Kathy

Ports of call info should be more then just where to find the diamond store!

In cabin TV should have a channel dedicated to the the next Port of Call, sites to see, local tips, taxi locations, ect.

Better choices on the TV!

Lower drink prices, maybe people would drink more if it was more affordable!

How about smoking floors and non smoking floors for cabins, I am not a smoker and every balcony we have had the people next door were smokers.

They paid the same price as me so they have the right to smoke but the cruise ship should book cabins like hotels do, smoking, non smoking floors and stick to it!

I have mentioned non smoking for every booking and each time the cabin next door was smoking!

I'd also look into lowering the photography prices. If they charged 1/3 as much, I bet people would buy at least twice as many pictures. Can't count how many times I've perused the photos and overheard people say "I love this one! But it's just TOO much."

Also seems an incredible waste of paper, printing all those un-bought photos. Is there a way to maybe project them on a screen, and only print the ones purchased??

<<<<Ports of call info should be more then just where to find the diamond store!

>>>>>

PoA had "ambassadors" who spoke every port day morning on the outer deck ( during our al fresco breakfast) on what to see and do in the port. It was a great help! I doubt that cost much at all, but it added to our vacation. We had a rental car waiting in every port in Hawaii, and it was fun to listen to make sure she did not mention anything we had neglected to plan...I have a fear of being Right There and missing something wonderful!

The "ambassadors" also did classes on local myths, stories, history, and a few craft classes, like kukui nut leis and orcheid leis. They did a brief sarong-tying class that was standing room only, and again, cost NCL nothing. I enjoyed the local flavor the "ambassadors" contributed to our trip.

I doubt it would cost NCL much at all to impliment that kind of thing fleet-wide. I always figure, whatever causes me to brag about how sweet our last cruise was, is a good athing. I can't count how many of our friends have suddenly booked a cruise that way. Make me happy, that's all I'm saying ---it wouldn't even cost much, if anything!

Archived