If you could change one thing...

vols_159

dont forget to revamp the latitudes program,and then all is well;)(i shouldnt have over 50 days on ship and still be a bronze member:mad:)

You're not taking enough cruises. ;) They reward you for returning, not for staying on the ship.

But the number of non smokers in the U.S. keeps increasing. Unfortunately, Carnival does not appeal to older folks who are not looking for a "fun ship" experience, but Carnival had always been my favorite, especially when the ships were smaller. My first Carnival, I think, was the Tropicale on a cruisetour in Alaska. It was wonderful. By the end on 2 weeks we all new each other and had made long lasting friends. I even remember the dancers, the room steward, and the photographer took the best pictures of all. She used the greatest of care to pose us perfectly. People and staff alike were wonderful.

What does carnival have to do with NCL??

What does carnival have to do with NCL??

Who knows :eek: This person posted 9 times in a row and appeared to be responding to others posts. Can't really figure out who they were responding to though, and truthfully I didn't have the time or energy to go back all 9 pages to figure it out.

I'd go for a roof over the pool area. It might pay for itself in booze orders if the area was always useable especially for winter cruises out of NYC.

Key West would be a great addition, getting tired of the same old itinerary.

BTW I am a smoker. I have a portable fan I bring for use on the balcony to dissipate the smell.

Please stop the bingo announcements!

How big of a fan works? I was considering bringing something on my upcoming cruise just in case there are smokers next to us; it's my first balcony experience and we are going to use it!

How big of a fan works? I was considering bringing something on my upcoming cruise just in case there are smokers next to us; it's my first balcony experience and we are going to use it!

Now that is a non-smoking reply that I can support. Appropriate self-help to enjoy your space and not rely on others to bend to your wishes when they are doing exactly what they are allowed to do. Good for you!:)

Strange, but I've NEVER had those problems on NCL.

Take away freestyle dining. We always have to wait at least 1/2 an hour to be seated at dinner and the food and service is not that good. I feel they do this to try and force you to eat at the specialty restaurants which are far better in food quality and service. I have never had this problem on any other cruise line and I have sailed on over 40 cruises.

I , too, have never had a problem with this...

I had occasion to stay in an aft facing penthouse last cruise on the Jewel. It was an unexpected and outstanding experience. Why don't the cruise lines let passengers know about the things that one gets with more expensive cabins? .

They do

http://www.nclsuitesandvillas.com/

Third option down on their website under "learn about our cruises"

I didn't even need my glasses to read that.:D I agree. Key West! Please.

A 5 night out of Miami with Key West would be a great option or remove the day at sea (Grand Bahama) from the 4 night Sky and replace with Key West

I would step back from building *all* mega ships and have one or two smaller ships in the fleet about the size of Majesty. It allowed more flexibility and variety in terms of the number of places the ship could dock. I am thinking specifically of Bermuda when I say this. Personally I felt less like a cow on a cattle drive on the smaller ships and in the smaller ports. Bigger is not always better. Boston would be a great place to try this out ;)

I would step back from building *all* mega ships and have one or two smaller ships in the fleet about the size of Majesty. It allowed more flexibility and variety in terms of the number of places the ship could dock. I am thinking specifically of Bermuda when I say this. Personally I felt less like a cow on a cattle drive on the smaller ships and in the smaller ports. Bigger is not always better. Boston would be a great place to try this out ;)

This was addressed in our Meet and Greet last Feb. The manager was telling us about the Spirit going to Europe and the new ships being built. He said the ships that are the most profitable are mega ships, but not "Epic" type mega ships. He said what size were best, I don't remember but he did say the smaller ones are just not profitable. I don't know why. I remember when a ship carried 1800 passengers and had 2 dining rooms it would be considered mega, not the same ship falls almost into the small ship catagory.

Can't understand why the Cigar Bar no longer allows smoking of cigars. Why have it? It gives those who enjoy a good cigar and cognac a place after dinner a place to enjoy. Ventalation was good. Cigar smokers are usually considerate and now have to go up to an outside bar (even in winter).

I could be silly and say, a crazy sale like buy one cruise and get one free :)

But to answer your question to make a quick change for one day, I would probably re-install the champagne welcome. I have read countless times how many hard core loyal NCL fans miss this. I remember boarding the Jewel in 2009 and walking on board the beautiful ship and being handed a glass of bubbly. It is classsy and totally cool, esp when you are already excited about getting on board.

I so agree!!! Never got to experience it on NCL but did on my Celebrity Cruise and I remember feeling special and thinking how classy.....Champagne welcome, very nice touch!

Can't understand why the Cigar Bar no longer allows smoking of cigars. Why have it? It gives those who enjoy a good cigar and cognac a place after dinner a place to enjoy. Ventalation was good. Cigar smokers are usually considerate and now have to go up to an outside bar (even in winter).

The only ship that I know of that does not allow smoking in the Cigar Lounge is the Jewel. That is because they did not install a door when the ship was built.

A 5 night out of Miami with Key West would be a great option or remove the day at sea (Grand Bahama) from the 4 night Sky and replace with Key West

I would love to see a 4 night Sky just to Key West. Sort of like the way Bermuda cruises are set up, only shorter.

I would love to see a 4 night Sky just to Key West. Sort of like the way Bermuda cruises are set up, only shorter.

Miami to Key West and back? Would that be legal with a foreign flagged ship?

Archived