Flameless Candles

Nicki61

I guess I don't understand your question...or I am missing a joke here.

Unless you only have them out on the balcony when the ship is in port, it gets so windy on balconies that you'd have to weigh them down to keep them from flying off the ship or to keep them upright in rough seas.

Had them before out on the balcony, never had them fly away. The ones I have are probably 3x3. Never have they tipped over or have I lost them.

I just set them on the table the 1st day and pack them back up.

The flameless candles I have are pretty good sized and very stable (bit of a pain to pack, though). That being said, I try not to leave anything out on the balcony. I've seen pretty wicked weather (high winds and blowing rain/sea spray) come up rather quickly. :eek:

We mainly bring the flameless candles to serve as a nightlight in the bathroom. I buy the scented ones, so they mask that stinky smell that ship bathrooms always seem to have -- regardless of how clean the stewards keep them. :cool:

Kinda goes without saying, that I would bring in the candles if the wind was blowing or it was raining.

But putting one in the bathroom is a good idea. I hate turning that bright light on in the middle of the night.

Great now I need 3! LOL

Sorry it took me a while to get back on here.........every balcony I've ever had has been too windy to use something like that........maybe I've just never seen some of the newer heavier models......

I do like the idea of bringing one for the bathroom.......sister always sleeps with the light on in there all night and something a little gentler on the eyes would be better.........

I saw another tip sometime back about the musty smell of the bathroom and it's working quite well.........as soon as we get access to our cabin we pour 2 glasses of tap water down the floor drain..........and we continue to do that every morning......it seems to help with keeping the P-trap or what ever is down there full so it blocks odors.........

i have had flameless candles for years...all kinds the last few cruises we have brought for an inside light....last December i brought the kind that you blow on and off and every night the stewards would have it on waiting for us...pretty COOL!!

guess i could see the candles out on the balcony too.

they really are a GREAT invention...now they need some like some flashlights that dont require batteries:D

Great idea for the balcony, and especially the bathroom

!!! I have several sizes from QVC that have a time and only pull them out for the holidays. They take "C" or "D" batteries and they last from Thanksgiving until after New Years.

Great idea for the balcony, and especially the bathroom

!!! I have several sizes from QVC that have a time and only pull them out for the holidays. They take "C" or "D" batteries and they last from Thanksgiving until after New Years.

Are they bethleham candles? Always wanted to order but was concerned with battery life. Now I know they use larger batteries I might just be placing an order.

Kinda goes without saying, that I would bring in the candles if the wind was blowing or it was raining.

But putting one in the bathroom is a good idea. I hate turning that bright light on in the middle of the night.

Great now I need 3! LOL

LOL. Even if one doesn't ask for an opinion on a post, rest assured you can always count on getting one.

Keith

I found some great ones that are auto on/auto off. They stay on for 8 hours and turn themselves off without having to turn them on and off manually. Scared the heck out of the room steward when he was cleaning one evening and they came on all by themselves. ;)

LOVE these candles. All the ones I have have timers for either 5 or 8 hours. I've got some outside on our deck and also in the house in our garden window. They are great. Don't know if I'd put anything like this on the verandah on a ship. Went to bed one night to calm winds and woke up to a horrible storm. Waves were up on our deck (deck 7). I'm sure the candle would of been floating in the ocean somewhere.

Hi, Taking the flameless candles is a great idea. I use the Candle Impressions brand at home all the time. They have a 24 hour timer option or an on/off switch and a light vanilla fragrance. They last 1000 hours on 2 new batteries so no need to bring extras. :)

I found some great ones that are auto on/auto off. They stay on for 8 hours and turn themselves off without having to turn them on and off manually. Scared the heck out of the room steward when he was cleaning one evening and they came on all by themselves. ;)

You almost had me lose my coffee over that. I can just imagine the poor Steward's face.

Melanie

This is a good idea - where do you buy flameless candles? Thanks. David

Depends on the type you are looking for. We have bought them everywhere from dollar stores, drug stores, department stores to gift stores. We have paid everywhere from 2 for $1 for the small tea candle type up to over $20 for the scented ones with timers.

There is a company called Battery Operated Candles....I get emails from them twice a year. The holidays and summer. We always take a few of the battery operated tea candles on a cruise and put them in the bathroom at night, near the mirror so that if reflects , and gives off more light. And I don't have to turn the lights on when I get up:o

What a great idea! Will have to add them to my packing list. We've always kept the bathroom light on, but of we leave the door open and the ship is rocking, the door swings back and forth, driving us nuts and sooner or later latches shut. Flameless candles would be just perfect. Thanks for the tip!:D

Was just looking at the site 'battery operated candles' (I've purchased through them prior) and found a 3 wick/5 or 8 hour candle. It looked great. The three wicks would make it bright enough for the bathroom. I have several candles with the timers and love them, the 3 wick model makes it even better.

Archived