FCC- no email or letter received

stki

We were on the Sapphire Princess May 15th to Alaska & bought 2 FCC on the 2nd day. We received a letter in our cabin 2 days later to confirm.

We then decided to buy another 2 on the last sea day, & we were told to fill in the form & place it into the FCC box, & we would be emailed confirmation.

Well its now June 24th & no email has been received. I have emailed customer relations 4 days ago & no reply. The FCC person was Ray & I dont have his last name(wasnt on his letter)

Does anyone know who I should be contacting about this.?

Any advice would be appreciated

Cheers

Tanya

First I would check my circle savings account on princess.com and see if all of those FCC's show up there. Also check your credit card and make sure they were charged for. If they were charged and they show up on your cc account, nothing to worry about, they have gone through and are just waiting for you to assign them to your next voyage. ;)

Edited, Opps, I see you are from AU, so not sure how they handle things downunder, it might be different.

Check Princess.com. Do they show up there? You only need the letter to verify conditions.

No, only shows the initial ones we bought. Also our credit card hasnt been charged for the 2nd 2 lots.

We also bought USD FCC, so hopefully shouldnt matter if we are from OZ (but they treat us strangely down under).

Cant see why the Ist lot was OK, & the 2nd lot not, unless they have lost our form

Tanya

No, only shows the initial ones we bought. Also our credit card hasnt been charged for the 2nd 2 lots.

Tanya

Tanya, this usually means that second set did not get applied. You will have to call Princess or contact your TA to take care of this problem. I have seen this happen before and Princess has allowed the passenger to purchase them after the fact, but if the credit card has not been charged, you will not be credited with those extra FCC's to your account.

Princess OZ, dont want to know because we bought US FCC. I guess I will have to ring Princess US. Is there a ph no you could give me, & what are their business hours, as I have to call from Oz.

Also, dont Princess reply to their emails, I know it was read, because I put a read receipt on the email

Cheers

Tanya

Princess OZ, dont want to know because we bought US FCC. I guess I will have to ring Princess US. Is there a ph no you could give me, & what are their business hours, as I have to call from Oz.

Also, dont Princess reply to their emails, I know it was read, because I put a read receipt on the email

Cheers

Tanya

Tanya, the only number I have for Princess is an 800 number that will not work for you if calling from AU. If someone else doesn't respond with a number you can call, I will search to see if there isn't an alternate number (which I have never heard of before, but I will see if I can find one).

Did you book through a U.S. Travel Agent? If so, that would be where I would start and see if they can straighten this out for you. I think I had heard or read that if you had a long standing US TA (before a certain date) that it was still legal for those in AU to book with a US travel agents, but if not, then it was against the rules. So, not sure if you fall in that category or not.

Tanya, I found this information online (not on the Princess site). I have looked and looked and this is the best I can do for you.

Princess Contact Info

General: (661) 753-0000

Customer Service: (800) 774-6237

Fax: (661) 284-4747

Tanya, I found this information online (not on the Princess site). I have looked and looked and this is the best I can do for you.

Princess Contact Info

General: (661) 753-0000

Customer Service: (800) 774-6237

Fax: (661) 284-4747

Thanks Toto.

Will try that, though I still dont understand why they dont reply to my emails:confused:

We are legal too, have bought through the US for years,and as we have a relationship, we can continue to buy.

Too me, it looks like they have lost my 2nd request, & I just want to be able to contact Princess to rectify that.(without spending a fortune on phone calls from Oz)

Cheers

Tanya

I'll bet the second set was mistaken for the first and accidentally cancelled as a duplicate. This will be corrected, but be patient. You do not want everyone you contact to process two more FCCs. Emails take a while to find their way to the correct person, so pick one method of communication and stick with that. Given the cost of phone calls, I would use email.

Simply explain what happened as you did here, that the second set still does not show on your account, that it may have been thought a duplicate and ask who is the correct person to route this request to. It will work out in the end. ;)

I'll bet the second set was mistaken for the first and accidentally cancelled as a duplicate. This will be corrected, but be patient. You do not want everyone you contact to process two more FCCs. Emails take a while to find their way to the correct person, so pick one method of communication and stick with that. Given the cost of phone calls, I would use email.

Simply explain what happened as you did here, that the second set still does not show on your account, that it may have been thought a duplicate and ask who is the correct person to route this request to. It will work out in the end. ;)

I am going to guess at this late date, the OP will have to supply a credit card number before they will process those FCC's since they are purchasing U.S. FCC's and there is a charge (they normally don't just apply the FCC to the credit card that you used onboard 'after the fact'):)

Sue, I agree. But if you ask three different people to do that, you could get multiple FCC's;one set by email, one set by phone, one by snail mail. :). Princess is very good about correcting this sort of error made onboard (witness the FCC mess on the Sapphire this winter before Ray was assigned).

Sue, I agree. But if you ask three different people to do that, you could get multiple FCC's;one set by email, one set by phone, one by snail mail. :). Princess is very good about correcting this sort of error made onboard (witness the FCC mess on the Sapphire this winter before Ray was assigned).
Cheryl, that is possible I guess. But from what I have seen, these requests need to be accompanied by a credit card number (after the fact) and without supplying it with each request, multiple FCC's would be difficult to assign. But I guess anything is possible after a mix up.;) One good thing though, if this should happen and the passenger doesn't want the extras, they can be refunded. :)

That could be what happened.

How long should I wait for a reply to my email, before sending another one(Its been over a week now).

Thanks

tanya

We also bought USD FCC, so hopefully shouldnt matter if we are from OZ (but they treat us strangely down under).

Cant see why the Ist lot was OK, & the 2nd lot not, unless they have lost our form

Tanya

Hi Tanya! This exact thing happened on our last cruise...we bought two FCC's and the second set never went through. We never got the confirmation email for the second set. We emailed, and within a week they got us our second set, no problem. I'm not sure why they have not responded back to your email...so a phone call to Customer Service would be the next step if you are able to do that. Don't worry though, I'm sure they will take care of you!! :)

Tanya,

Why don't you buy a Phone card from the newsagent or Supermarket for $10. I did that when an Air Canada flight was changed and I needed to phone them. Knowing airlines, I knew I would be holding on for quite awhile so I bought the Phone card and after I had made the phone call, I was able to phone all my friends in the States as the Air Canada phone call didn't take much of the $10. I think the phone cards use computers so hence the cheaper price of the call.

Jennie

When this sort of thing happened on larger scale last February, it took about two weeks to straighten everything out for each client. You could call Customer Service and ask for Christie (who was the person who straightened out all of this at that time), and explain that you tried to purchase FCC's two separate times while onboard and you think that Ray may have thought it was a duplicate request and did not process the second one. Or email again and ask that the email be routed to Christie. I don't know if your being Australian automatically routes your email to a different location or if you have to contact the US Princess offices. Toto is correct that even if you wind up with too many FCCs that you can always cash in the unnecessary ones, so on second thought I agree that you should not worry about multiple contacts. I would send copies of my prior emails along with each subsequent follow-up request.

Tanya,

Why don't you buy a Phone card from the newsagent or Supermarket for $10. I did that when an Air Canada flight was changed and I needed to phone them. Knowing airlines, I knew I would be holding on for quite awhile so I bought the Phone card and after I had made the phone call, I was able to phone all my friends in the States as the Air Canada phone call didn't take much of the $10. I think the phone cards use computers so hence the cheaper price of the call.

Jennie

Good idea Jennie, though I might try & see if we can use Skype.

Thanks

Tanya

Hi Tanya,

Skype is an even better idea. I have just recently downloaded skype and have spoken to quite a few friends in the U.S. but I haven't used their phone as yet. That will work out a lot cheaper for you.

Good luck. I had read on C.C. about people buying their F.C.C.'s late in the cruise and how they sometimes aren't credited to them so we bought ours on about the 2nd or 3rd day of our 26 day cruise to make sure we received the receipt and sure enough within a day or two we had it in our hands. I think towards the end of the cruise the Cruise Consultant on board gets bogged down with so much paperwork and obviously she can misplace the F.C.C.'s unintentionally.

Jennie

Hi Tanya,

Skype is an even better idea. I have just recently downloaded skype and have spoken to quite a few friends in the U.S. but I haven't used their phone as yet. That will work out a lot cheaper for you.

Jennie

Jennie, we used Skype a lot when our daughter was in the UK for 2 years. At least we could see & talk to her every week.

Cheers

Tanya

Hi Tanya,

You can use skype to call their 800 number in the US for free. I used this when I had to chase them up about my captain circle number being the same as my brothers and a bunch of fun with my FCC going to him but being charged to me but it was all sorted :)

Skype's rates for normal numbers is ok but free is better :D Just make sure you set the country to US by clicking on the flag before you call as it will most likely default to Australia

Nick

Hi Tanya,

You can use skype to call their 800 number in the US for free. I used this when I had to chase them up about my captain circle number being the same as my brothers and a bunch of fun with my FCC going to him but being charged to me but it was all sorted :)

Skype's rates for normal numbers is ok but free is better :D Just make sure you set the country to US by clicking on the flag before you call as it will most likely default to Australia

Nick

Thanks Nick

See you & Mum at Kathys on the 9th

Cheers

Tanya

Ray screwed up our requests for 2 each in May. I filled out the form & he confirmed it was done properly before I put it into the box to be completed. Online while onboard I noticed it was only 1 each (we did it early in our cruise) so had to see him in person to get him to correct his mistake. So you're not the 1st one to have trouble with Ray issuing FCCs. :rolleyes:

Archived