My Sincerest Apologies

Folgy

[quote name='Folgy']I know I have been an advocate of NO children on cruises.Which in my dogmatic way has ruffled some feathers.
Please forgive my child bashing . I take it all back.

God Bless

Folgy[/QUOTE]

Folgy--I for one, who totally enjoy taking my granddaughters with us, hold no ill-will, I am terribly sorry for your loss, and hope that your memories will comfort you in the days and weeks to come. I also have great admiration for you to be able to say you are sorry when you realize you have done wrong. It takes a great person to admit wrongdoing and I appreciate your willingness to do so.
With Sympathy---

Folgy, I'm so sorry for your loss. We also know the pain of losing our furry loved ones to the Rainbow Bridge. We have lost Chablis & Chardonnay over the past years. Every time we lose one cat, we seem to end up with three more. We're only in our 50s. Do the math.:eek:

Hi Folgy, My deepest sympathy on your loss of Tommy. I had to have my beloved Pug mix,Heidi,put to sleep 3 years ago this month.I had her for 14 years,and I still miss her every day. Even tho I have 3 grown children,she was still my baby. I swore,never again,but after 6 months I just couldn't stand coming home and not being greeted with a wagging tail,and happy dance. I went to the pound and found Rocky,a Chihuahuaa. He is a huge comfort,but there is still a hole in my heart that will never refill. Someone sent me that Rainbow Bridge poem,and I just love it. So give yourself time to grieve,and then look to rescue a poor homeless kitten. Stay strong,and God Bless.

Folgy, you're a first class guy. It takes a real man to admit he has been wrong. We've got a cat (Boudreaux) and a dog (Max) now that we love very much. But we have lost animals over the years and you never forget them. They always have a special place in your heart. Tuck Tommy away in that special place in your heart and think of him often with joy. And know that you will see him again.:)

Folgy, Folgy, Folgy...I don't know if it's the raw emotion, or what...but BOY, you are soooo hot to me right now....LOL!!

Seriously though, your initial post brought an instant flow of tears to my eyes. I DO have kids and I've never been offended by your posts. But I respectfully accept, as a parent, your apology.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I've never been especially attached to a pet. We've been cursed with VERY bad pets over the years. Always ended up running away, getting ill or just not being a good fit for our family, within weeks or months of aquiring them. Fortunately we've been able to find them more suitable homes. Except our last pet, a lively Border Collie. We had to have her put down, and it still makes me cry. (Please no lectures anyone, she bit my youngest child and we were not given a choice by the city)

As was suggested, come back when you can and tell us more about your beloved cat.

Again, I'm very sorry. VERY.

And I look forward to more "poopaloompa" comments when your spirits are in a better place!!!

Folgy,

I just returned from grocery shopping at Coopers where there were signs around the store reminding shoppers that the SPCA is in dire need of cash and food donations. While shopping I heard a [color=cyan][color=black][b]loud[/b][/color] [/color]voice urging me to donate. (Did your dear Tommy like to "talk"?) So, when my shopping my complete I headed to Customer Service and made a generous donation, and let them know it was a memory of a very dear and special cat named Tommy.

I gave our little orange cat "Elmo" an extra little kiss this morning and also gave thanks that I have him in my life for such good companionship & comfort.

Grief is hard work, so be patient with yourself. I hope your many happy memories of Tommy will bring you and your wife much comfort in the days ahead.

Sue

Folgy, I was curious as to why you felt the need to apologize to anyone, so I went back and read many of your post. I don't think you were [b]WRONG[/b] about anything I saw that you posted. You were just stating your opinion, and personal experiences. Lots of people don't care for, or want kids. That's why I chose not to have any. I don't have the patience for them - at all, but I knew that at a very young age.

[b]It's not my intention to turn this thread into a fight about children,[/b] but to those of you who said that they were happy Folgy apologized for being [b]wrong[/b], I say he wasn't. He was just stating his opinion. He should have never been chastised or resented for it either. Lots of people feel the same way.............they just may not come right out and say it.

1corana4u,
Well said!!! I had the same thoguhts that you did........

I am pleasantly surprised about all the sympathetic posts on Tommy's passing. I knew there were animal lovers here, but I didn't realize just how many. Most of us have lost a beloved pet before and know what a devastating time that can be.

Folgy--here is another prayer that I have taped on my bathroom mirror, along with a picture of Buff. Hope this will help you..........
[i][size=2][color=#000080] [center]God saw you getting tired, When a cure was not to be.
[/center]
[center]So he wrapped his arms around you, and whispered,"Come to me".
[/center]
[center]You didn't deserve what you went through, So He gave you rest.
[/center]
[center]God's garden must be beautiful, He only takes the best
[/center]
[center]And when I saw you sleeping, So peaceful and free from pain
[/center]
[center]I could not wish you back to suffer that again.
[/center]
[/color][/size][/i]

The day that Misty died I was so overwhelmed because it happened so fast, within 2 days she went from being fiesty and stealing food to not eating and unable to breathe. When she turned down food, I knew it was over. But it was 2 days before christmas and I had shopping to do still, so I went off the the supermarket to get some things. Weeks before I had bought a lovely double heart necklace and had searched forever to find matching earrings with no luck. When I was finished the doggie aisle ( which was pure torture for me...but we have another dog left and I will not neglect her) I turned into the next aisle and I was crying. I looked up and there were the matching earrings on a stand with a few other pieces of jewelry that they had out for the holidays. It was the last pair. I took it as a sign from Misty that she was there with my nephew ( most of you who know me know my nephew died a year ago). That lifted me up so much you will never know. But on top of that, a few days later, my sis had a reading from a local psychic who works with the Compassionate Friends group ( they help people who are greiving). She said lots to my sis to validate my nephew, but then added, he was there when the bouncing red little dog passed over and that they were together and happy. Now this woman was in PA and I did not know her and she did not know me or my pets. Misty as a dasch did not run but sort of bounced with her red ears flapping, and my nephew doted over her when we bruoght them there while we were on vacations. So again I knew she was alright and some day I will see her again, you have no idea how that comforts me.

I am so very sorry about the loss of your family member. My most sincere sympathy to you and your family.

I want to share the reason my husband and I take our children on vacations with us. We lost our eldest son and know how important time with our family is. It does not matter whether our family is furred, feathered or flesh and blood human, they are family and family is precious.

Thankyou,

Right now , everything that has been posted helps. I am so comforted by others stories and strength to get through it.
I am also inspired by the compassion and out pouring of care by our members.

I am forever changed by this experience. For the better I hope.

ps. Kamloops cruiser : Your donation was truly a wonderful thing to do. Bless you

Folgy

Folgy,

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved pet. I too know grief. I never thought I would get over the death of my dear mom. She was way too young when she passed away, only 56 of ovarian cancer. And only three weeks after she got sick and was diagnosed. It was 16 years ago this week and I cry every time I think of her, which is often as she was also my best friend.

I cruise because of her. She always wanted to go on a cruise and my dad would never take her. She was of the generation that didn't travel alone. She would have loved cruising.

My prayers are with you.

Folgy,

So sorry to hear about your loss. Our 4-legged child is the love of our lives. She's almost 11 and she's starting to slow down a little. It's so hard to say goodbye to a pet. That unconditional love is something to be cherished.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hang in there.

We are fortunate to have both children and pets, and we know what it is like to lose a beloved pet.

Also, we aren't offended when people are critical of the behavior of children on cruises. Our kids, hopefully, are well-behaved, but there are probably times when people are put off by their scampering to the ice-cream machine, whatever.

One last point, and I don't want to offend anyone, particularly Folgy. But when you said "we can't have kids" ... does that really mean you "prefer not to have kids?" We just got back from China, where we adopted No. 4. In our group were a wide variety of people who were accepting abandoned baby toddlers ... a couple who were both in their late 50s ... handicapped people ... single people ...

Not everyone wants to have kids, and I understand that completely. But very few couples "can't have kids" ... there are thousands of kids out there who are desperate for loving parents ... and believe me, you love 'em just as much as kids you give birth to. They're all wonderful little gifts from God.

And I love pets, too. And I love cruising. I guess I'm just full o love today.

Today is my 1 year anniversary of the loss of my cat Tasha who lived 18 wonderful years. She was my my oldest "child". My 2 human kids (13 & 11) know how hard it was to lose her as she was in my life before they were born. My heartfelt comfort for your loss.

I had two "four" footed boys before my "two" footed boys. We found out Stripe had a tumor and tried to save him with surgery, no small expense! But the Lord had to take him home. His litter mate, Gizmo, started loosing weight and joined his brother about 4 months later.

I now have two black female strays, Athena and Pandora. We have had them for about 5 years now.

I've been a feline lover for years, and remember every cat I've ever lost. I hope they will all meet me at the Rainbow Bridge, just a Tommy will meet you.

Take Care.

Jacquelyn :D

[b][size=3]Folgy,[/size][/b]

[b][size=3]I too am very sorry. I was just complaining about having to put drops in my cats eye. He has a serious infection and while it is difficult to catch him and try to make him understand that mommy is only trying to help..I am happy to have him with me to do it. After reading your post I will never complain about it again...I don't know what I would do with out him and my other 2 "babies"[/size][/b]
[b][size=3]My deepest heartfelt sympathy![/size][/b]

Folgy: Gather all the photos you have of your precious Tommy and make a memory scrapbook. That is what I did for our Yishia, and it was very therapudic. I love looking at it and remembering the good times with her.

"In their eyes we see a loving soul, and in our hearts we know we'll never have a finer friend."

Bless you!!

I am typing through blurry vision. Over the past many years, I have lost one cat and three dogs. One I had to put to sleep a couple of years ago and even though I have a new dog, I still cry when I think about it. Animals are our children. They don't fight with us - just love us. They give so much to our lives. The grief will dimenish but the sadness will live on. Once the grief has subsided, think about giving another animal a good home. It is hard to do, but our hearts have much room for love. I send you my sincerest sympathy.

Rebel55

I am sorry for the loss of your pet. And while I will probably be flamed for this, as a parent, I do find it offensive when childless people refer to their pets as their children. I recently witnessed a person telling another person about the loss of her "baby" (an animal.) Little did the person know that the person to whom she was speaking had 9 months earlier lost his "baby," a beautiful 22 year-old woman who had just graduated from college and become engaged. I am an animal lover. It's just one of my pet peeves (I guess like a pet peeve that some people have regarding children on cruise ships.)

[quote name='stlrod']I am sorry for the loss of your pet. And while I will probably be flamed for this, as a parent, I do find it offensive when childless people refer to their pets as their children. I recently witnessed a person telling another person about the loss of her "baby" (an animal.) Little did the person know that the person to whom she was speaking had 9 months earlier lost his "baby," a beautiful 22 year-old woman who had just graduated from college and become engaged.[/QUOTE]

Offensive? I think that's a bit much. Don't you think? Maybe you don't have an understanding of how deeply people feel about their pets, but Offensive?

Whatever!:rolleyes:

[quote name='1corona4u']

[b]It's not my intention to turn this thread into a fight about children,[/b] but to those of you who said that they were happy Folgy apologized for being [b]wrong[/b], I say he wasn't. He was just stating his opinion. He should have never been chastised or resented for it either. Lots of people feel the same way.............they just may not come right out and say it.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100 %. I never saw where he should apologize for stating his opinion.

Archived