My Sincerest Apologies

Folgy

Bargeo - what a beautiful story to share. You provided a home for your boxer to end her days in a wonderful place and she gave your husband the companionship he needed at a rough time.

We fostered two shih tzu's a few years back whose parents had gone to a nursing home. They were both 10 years old and had been together all their lives. We were not in a position to take them permanently but I wanted to foster them and find them a home together. It was an amusing time for us because our two dogs and the two foster dogs were like the Hatfields and the McCoys. It was quite entertaining but stressful because we wanted to keep both sides happy. We did find a great loving home where those two could live out their days as the King and Queen they felt themselves to be. It is a great feeling to provide these sweet creatures a home.

Folgy - hope you are doing better. Time will heal the pain. And folks are right - you will know when it is time for a new furry baby and the right one will come to you when you are ready.

Nice people, nice words.

KamloopsCruiser,

That is so lovely!! I have that same poem printed out and pasted on my 'fridge along with a pic of my Buff, who went to The Rainbow Bridge 2 years ago. I read it every single morning! Sometimes it makes me cry, and sometimes it makes me smile and think of how wonderful Buff was while he was here with me............

Denise

Catnip - I too have lost furry member of my family and this poem brought me a lot of comfort when they were no longer here with me.

I also love your signature line about the bagpipes and kids - it sure made me chuckle. It should bring a smile to dear Folgy too. While reading these posts I was feeling sad about the many people - two & four legged, who have left me too soon and your signature made me giggle - thanks!

Folgy:

Please check in and let us know how you are doing.

I have my girls hanging all over me right now, one purring against my legs, the other "spread out" all over my desk while I write this.

Wishing you luck with finding your newest one, when you find he/she....or he/she/ (or they!!) find you! My two sweet whiskered faced girls are the joys of my life.

Cheers!

Thank you for posting the article about Murphy. I sure can relate, having lost our dog last month. It will take time to get over the sadness, and then we will have the beautiful memories.

Folgy.....hope you are doing better. I feel your pain.

Folgy, I lost my wonderful Maine Coon, DC, after 16 wonderful years. I cried for days. My husband, sister, & daughters walked the Humane Society cat rooms for several months. None of the cats there "struck" me. After about three months I couldn't stand not having one of those critters in my house. My husband just sighed & rolled his eyes...knowing he was doomed to another Maine Coon. I went out on the Internet to the Maine Coon Resuce Society and found my Smokey. He is a handsome Maine Coon...grey & white. He was driven from North Carolina where he was being fostered, in two hour legs, to Palm Bay, Florida where I picked him up. He now rules the house with an iron paw. We call him "the cat with tude" and he has every bit of that attitude that makes cats so loveable. When the time comes, the right cat will come to you, and may that cat make you smile & laugh & remember Tommy with all those same smiles.

Please don't stop your posts about children. I lurk on the boards quite a bit and whenever I come across a post by you I always stop to read it. I've never been offened by what you write. I have two grown children and am about to become a first time grandmother. You have a wonderful wit & wisdom that comes from some one who can sit back and watch what many are to close to see for themselves.

Take care of yourself & you wonderful wife. May you find just the right cat for you & yours.

Linda

Archived