My Sincerest Apologies

Folgy

I know I have been an advocate of NO children on cruises.Which in my dogmatic way has ruffled some feathers.

My wife and I lost our cat (Tommy) to kidney failure today .With all the veternary care imagined he could not be saved.

Tommy was our 'child' . We have been married for 16 years and cannot have children. To us Tommy was our child.

We are crying so heavy with tears right now . That I realize for the first time how very important time together is.

Please forgive my child bashing . I take it all back.

God Bless

Folgy

I know I have been an advocate of NO children on cruises.Which in my dogmatic way has ruffled some feathers.

My wife and I lost our cat (Tommy) to kidney failure today .With all the veternary care imagined he could not be saved.

Tommy was our 'child' . We have been married for 16 years and cannot have children. To us Tommy was our child.

We are crying so heavy with tears right now . That I realize for the first time how very important time together is.

Please forgive my child bashing . I take it all back.

God Bless

Folgy

Folgy,

My condolences on the loss of your beloved cat. I think all pet owners can understand your grief. I too lost my cat several years ago after 14 years of constant companionship, it was one of the hardest things I had to go through.....I still think of her often, and miss her each and every day.

Time is the best healer......

Folgy, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. A few years ago I lost my cat "Monkey." He also, was one of those special cats. I had loved him for 15 years. I do understand. God bless you, too.

Michelle

Folgy..

I am so very sorry..

Your apologies are completly accepted,although I took most of what you said with a grain of salt.I know the pain that the loss of an animal brings..It is much like the grief process of a human,and it takes closure,such as burial,and time to heal.I have lost many animals,but some were very special...and I still feel the pain.

My husband is packing now to go to Michigan to say good-bye to his Mom,who has been given only a couple of weeks.Love and Loss....its all very difficult.

Everyone here is someones child..Children are all we have.....

And the love of a precious pet.

May God give you both peace.

Your Friend

Cathy

awwwwwwwwwwww...im so sorry...we had to put our dog to sleep last week and it was the hardest thing we ever had to do. He was 16 years old and his body was shutting down. I know how you feel and I do understand. I still expect to see him in the backyard.

My heart goes out to you both.

My DH & I have two grown children, both married. For several years our babies were our two Yorkies. If any thing ever happened to one of them I don't think we could bear it. People that don't have animals can't possibly understand.

You are surely in our prayers.

My heart goes out to you & your wife. As "mom" to 2 cats I understand what you are going through. These guys are the center of my world right now & I would be lost without them.

God Bless,

Dear Folgy.... I know how you feel because while on our cruise in jan the 2nd day the phone rang and yes it was my daughter crying and asking what to do as our beloved dog WHISKEY was dying. We called back just a few short hours and he was gone. I'm still not over him and probably won't be for a very long time. My hubby went out and got me a new puppy to get over the loss. Maybe as time passes you too could get another pet. Not to replace the one you lost but to ease some of your pain. I will keep you in my prayers knowing how hard it is for you at this most difficult time. God Bless :( :) :D

Debbie

My heart goes out to you. Last month we lost our beloved boxer, Yishia. My DH and I are still crying. Yishia was a "rescue" dog....not because she was abandoned or mistreated, but because her people, due to medical reasons, could no longer care for her. It was evident in her behavior how well she was loved. We were privileged to know her for two years ....the memories will last a lifetime.

Folgy,

My heartfelt condolences to your loss of Tommy.

Do not despair.

Be comforted in the joy he brought to you and the beautiful and cherished memories you will always have of him.

He was a very lucky cat to have had such a caring and wonderful person such as yourself to care for him.

He will be with you everytime you think of him.

I wish there was something I could say that could take your pain away.

My thoughts are with you.

I'm so sorry Folgy. I know how hard it can be to lose a pet. My husband and I are unable to have children, so we love our pets like they are our kids. A few years ago we lost my "eldest daughter" -- a cat named Mouse and I cried for days. God bless... and remember time really does heal our wounds... sometimes it just seems like it isn't fast enough.

Barb

Folgy,

I have been through this twice, once with our Irish Setter, Kelly, who was with us for 15 years and then with Fuzzy, our Maine Coon Cat, who was with us for 16 years. After Fuzzy had to be put to sleep, my wife said no more pets but then we found a friend who had found a kitten that needed a home. That was how we got Nika, who we have had for 8 years now.

The best way to heal the hurt you feel is to find another pet that needs a home. Unfortunately there are always too many of them out there that need a loving home and I suspect you would give some kitten exactly that.

Someone once wrote "All dogs go to Heaven" and I would admend that to say "All Pets go to Heaven" because I know both of mine are there now.

I am going to close now before my eyes get any more misty than they already are with an express of my sympathy for your loss. I know that won't help but a new loving kitten peering up with trusting eyes may.

Oh Folgy! My heart goes out to you both. We've lost several pets over the years and it is never easy. It's taken some time to get over the loss of our golden retriever, but we have another dog to love now as well as a cat. Take care and know that we all sympathize with you at this time.

I, just a few minutes ago, called my neighbor who trades cat duties with me as I could not locate one of my cats during the nightly roundup. He was not at his usual place and was not answering my calls. I was terrified! I even thought, "what would I do if he was gone forever." (We found him and he is safe!)

Its so hard! Please know that Tommy's spirit is with you and he knew you loved him and did everything you could. Please, if you get a chance, post the wonderful picture of him in the suitcase....I loved it so much!

Believe me, most of us knew that you were a big blowhard regarding children and looked forward to your predictable and fun responses to kid related threads.

Our thoughts are with you....Deb (mom to son, Jay, and 3 cats, Toeby, Rusty and Buddy.)

My Misty ( a long haired daschund) passed away at Christmas and my heart still breaks,she was a presonality, not just a dog. So I feel your pain. ther are pics of her in my link below in the me and my dogs album. Folgy, post some pics, it does help.

And here is a poem that might help

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

I got Frisky when I was 5 and he died 19 years later, when I was 24. As an only child, it was like losing my little brother.

When my husband and I lost Louie, he was truly like our baby. He developed diabetes (treated) but then liver and kidney failure. We picked up his diabetes meds for Louie Hunt at the Costco pharmacy. We have no children. We still haven't even had the heart to get another cat.

http://www.herbytoys.com/Louie.htm

We get so attached to them folgy. We still have no use for others children, but they are our babies.

Patti :)

Folgy,

I've never been offended by your posts--my husband and I are child-free cruisers. Your posts have always been funny to me and I am in total agreement with most of them.

I lost my precious 17-year old cat 2 summers ago and it about killed me. I got him when he was a baby and he was my best friend. I know how hard this is on you. And although the hurt will never go away, in time it does lessen.

Denise

Folgy,

I am so sorry for your loss. My Husband and I have been married 17 years and have no children either. We adopted 2 kittens Precious and Bootsie a few months after we got married. Our cats sleep in bed with us and are also like our Children. Last Summer we lost our beloved cat Bootsie age 16 to kidney failure. I know the sadness you feel. We still have Precious and don't know how much time she has left, but we pet and show her love everyday. I hope in time you will find a new pet to love and enjoy.

Teri

Four weeks ago an 8 foot 4X4 fence post fell in my 7 pound toy poodle. I have no children, she is my baby. The agony of waiting to find out if she was going to be ok was the worst kind of torture I have ever endured. Fortunately, she did not sustain life threatning injuries, however her right hip came out of its socket and tore the ligament. She has had a few setbacks over the last few weeks including the hip coming out again 6 days after the accident. (The emergency vet I had to take her to didn't put the correct sling on her.) After getting the right sling, she developed 2 pressure points, which are similar to bed sores. She is finally doing better now. She actually brought the ball to me to play with yesterday. I almost cried.

So, Folgy,

My sincerest condolences go out to you. In my opinion you owe no one an apology for any of your posts about children. It is just simple how you feel, and I have always detected a hint of humor in them. I am so sorry for your loss.

Archived