Next cruise!!!! Anyone else running out of itinerary options?

manmtnmike

Well... There are MANY itineraries I really want to do, its just a matter of getting to the ships! Someday we will do a few in Europe, Alaska & Hawaii (our daugher just married a Marine & moved to So Cal so Hawaii now becomes a real possibility).. The only itinerary from the east coast that I deliberately cruise for is Bermuda. There is not a whole lot I have seen in the Caribbean or Bahamas that I would make a special point of going back to (except Dominica, off the top of my head). Not that I don't enjoy the Caribbean ports, I do, it's just not the main reason why I choose a particular cruise from the east coast..

Is Dominica nice? Why so?

lol no, not at this time. I love seeing the pics though. We have enough freezing cold weather here in the mountains as it is and I hate it. That's really the only reason I don't want to cruise to Alaska.

After the horrible winter we just had I swore off cold weather. Now we've been in the middle of a 100 degree heat wave for the last 3 weeks with almost no rain. I may be changing my mind again before too long.

I dont like the cold weather either. I cruise for warm weather.

Is Dominica nice? Why so?

It reminded me a little of Bermuda but even more LUSH & tropical if you can imagine that! We did a hike in the amazing rainforest & it was hands down my favorite shore excursion to date. The drive to & from was incredibly beautiful, vegetation & tropical looking "fruit farms" everywhere, & our guide was the sweetest person I have ever encountered on a tour. LOVED Dominica:p

We have cruised to all islands at which a cruise ship docks-several many times. Really enjoyed Alaska cruise on NCL even though we prefer warm weather ports.We did Alaska in early June 2009 and were pleasantly surprised by weather--cold only in Glacier Bay.

Have done Med cruise very port intensive but wonderful.

Bermuda on NCL loved the island very beautiful.

Cruising to Hawaii in 2013.

It reminded me a little of Bermuda but even more LUSH & tropical if you can imagine that! We did a hike in the amazing rainforest & it was hands down my favorite shore excursion to date. The drive to & from was incredibly beautiful, vegetation & tropical looking "fruit farms" everywhere, & our guide was the sweetest person I have ever encountered on a tour. LOVED Dominica:p

Thanks for the info. This thread inspired me to look at some southern itineraries on Carnival's site and that port shows up on all of them. As someone said, I'll be looking forward to Cuba as an option. That's a no brainer since most cruises out of Florida sail right by it or around it..

Not yet, but I am getting there.

There are still few new ports I have not hit yet. HMC, Grand Turk, Antigua, Tortola, LaRomana, Curcacao and the Mediterrean.

Antigua was really nice the beach we went to was beautiful, the sand felt like velvet, I love the water, but the car ride outside the main town and before the beach is very poor like, houses on blocks, etc regarless really nice port

Absolutely not. :mad: They could not pay me enough to take an Alaska cruise. Same goes for Europe, or any itinerary that includes Martinique or Freeport.

Martinique is actually French for "Do not get off the ship"

If I had to fly, cruising would be out of our budget. Luckily, though, I live in Alabama where I can drive to Charlotte, Jacksonville, Port Canaveral, Tampa, Mobile (for a few more months), New Orleans, and Galveston. So, I highly doubt I will fly to cruise until I hit some sort of monetary windfall and can finally do Alaska, Hawaii, and Europe. I would also die of pure joy (just bury me at sea!) if I could do a Trans Atlantic or a Panama Canal. But, my first two cruises and the two I have planned have all gone to Cozumel, and I have yet to run out of things to do in Cozumel. So... I'm good! Plus, I would take a 5 day cruise to nowhere, I really just like being on the ship.

We alternate cruising with land vacations. Between cruises and our land vacations we have been to many wonderful places in the world, and we have lots more planned (Alaska, S. Caribbean, Meditteranean). Yet, as I look at my world map I see many exotic and interesting places I would like to go. I think the day I become so jaded with cruising that the ports seem like the same old, same old will be the day I give it up.

We are in the same boat as well after 20 or so Caribbean cruises.

Have one coming up to Bermuda for first time and than Aruba and than we will seriously consider Europe.

Nothing beats a Med cruise. We are doing are second this summer on the Magic and we have British Isles next year on Princess. After that it will be Baltics or Alaska. Our next Caribbean cruise will be in 2013 and that will be the Allure and the ship is the destination. For the most part, the Caribbean is "same old, same old" for us and all of the islands seem similar.

If you are doing a first Med cruise, nothing can beat the Ruby Princess (beautiful ship) and the Grand Med itinerary which hits places on everyone's list including Athens, Istanbul, Rome, Florence, Naples, Mykonos (Greek Island), Kusadasi, Venice, Barcelona, and Monaco. It's not cheap and NCL has a similar itinerary for much less. But the Ruby Princess is a great ship.

I don't understand people who say they would never do a Europe cruise unless they just prefer to see it by land. Do people have no interest in the Acropolis, the Colisseum, Roman Forums, Trevi Fountain, Michaelangelo's David, Pompeii, Blue Mosque, Greek Islands, or even Barcelona? I am not sure what in the Caribbean, other than beaches, that would have a greater attraction than the Mediterranean.

Nothing beats a Med cruise. We are doing are second this summer on the Magic and we have British Isles next year on Princess. After that it will be Baltics or Alaska. Our next Caribbean cruise will be in 2013 and that will be the Allure and the ship is the destination. For the most part, the Caribbean is "same old, same old" for us and all of the islands seem similar.

If you are doing a first Med cruise, nothing can beat the Ruby Princess (beautiful ship) and the Grand Med itinerary which hits places on everyone's list including Athens, Istanbul, Rome, Florence, Naples, Mykonos (Greek Island), Kusadasi, Venice, Barcelona, and Monaco. It's not cheap and NCL has a similar itinerary for much less. But the Ruby Princess is a great ship.

I don't understand people who say they would never do a Europe cruise unless they just prefer to see it by land. Do people have no interest in the Acropolis, the Colisseum, Roman Forums, Trevi Fountain, Michaelangelo's David, Pompeii, Blue Mosque, Greek Islands, or even Barcelona? I am not sure what in the Caribbean, other than beaches, that would have a greater attraction than the Mediterranean.

I love it! I want to go! Although I have only traveled to the caribbean, I can care less about the beaches, I'm more about the local's life. I want to see how they live and learn the history! I want to go to Europe so bad I can taste it! My only problem right now is the airfare!

After 14 cruises I'd like to see some variety. How about Barbados, Aruba, Martinque, and Grenada??? These used to be big cruise ship ports for P&O (Cunard) Cruise Lines. There are a lot of Caribbean Islands that would be fantastic choices.

I love it! I want to go! Although I have only traveled to the caribbean, I can care less about the beaches, I'm more about the local's life. I want to see how they live and learn the history! I want to go to Europe so bad I can taste it! My only problem right now is the airfare!

Airfare is high now. We use discount airlines (aer lingus and icelandair) to try to keep it down. But that might be easier from Boston than from Chatanooga. Good luck. It might be worth it to take less cruises but better ones. Carnival's europe itineraries have decent pricing. NCL has some really good pricing too and better itineraries.

I am not sure what in the Caribbean, other than beaches, that would have a greater attraction than the Mediterranean.

I have done the Caribbean far more often simply because it is cheap and close. Given the choice of yet another island or Europe that is a no brainer for me. I have done 4 Euro cruises including the Med more than once and most recently the Baltic.

Just much more interesting and mentally stimulating in my opinion. I paid $1,500 to get to London this exact time last year to cruise the Baltic out of Harwich.

To make it worth the trouble and extra expense I tacked on a week in London before and a week in Paris post cruise.

I don’t see running out of intermarries anytime soon. So much to see in Florence, Rome, Nice etc etc even on multiple trips.

Honestly...THIS is a nice problem to have!

Anyone else running out of itinerary options?

Any ideas?

We've been fortunate to have cruised enough get to VIP status and have gone on most of the "fun-in-the-sun" intineraries:)

But still it's getting more and more challenging to find something new and different.

So far not wanting to cruise Alaska or Panama Canal for us...:p

So...probably looking to cruise because of the ship...which is why we're doing the Dream 2xs this year! We've got a great group roll-calling on this next one:)Sept 10......

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far for 2012.....Got a great deal on a 12 day for our first RCCL cruise for our late winter cruise Feb 6 Southern.

.....Now trying to decide on early Sept cruise...We like Sat-Sat cruises and thinking of the Sept 1, 2012 Liberty 7 day cruise to HMC, Turks and Caicos and San Juan.

Wondering what you think as I'm just passn' some time here.

Anyone else planning around that time? Where are you goin'?

Thanks!!!

Mike and Wendy

Alaska and Panama Canal are two of our favorite cruises! Didn't think I would care for Alaska because of the cold but we went in late May, weather was great, most days no jacket and the most beautiful scenery in the world. Pictures do not do it justice!

We love the transatlantic cruises and you only fly one way to Europe, return to the states on the ship. For the amount of cruise days, you can't beat the price on these cruises. Also be sure to check out different websites for airline prices, you will find better deals than with the airlines.

Honestly...THIS is a nice problem to have!

Anyone else running out of itinerary options?

Any ideas?

We've been fortunate to have cruised enough get to VIP status and have gone on most of the "fun-in-the-sun" intineraries:)

But still it's getting more and more challenging to find something new and different.

So far not wanting to cruise Alaska or Panama Canal for us...:p

So...probably looking to cruise because of the ship...which is why we're doing the Dream 2xs this year! We've got a great group roll-calling on this next one:)Sept 10......

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far for 2012.....Got a great deal on a 12 day for our first RCCL cruise for our late winter cruise Feb 6 Southern.

.....Now trying to decide on early Sept cruise...We like Sat-Sat cruises and thinking of the Sept 1, 2012 Liberty 7 day cruise to HMC, Turks and Caicos and San Juan.

Wondering what you think as I'm just passn' some time here.

Anyone else planning around that time? Where are you goin'?

Thanks!!!

Mike and Wendy

Have not seen Canada or Mexican Riviera or Hawaii listed in your past cruise list. Since you're against Alaska and the Panama Canal, I just gave you three more options....you're welcome. (tongue firmly planted in cheek):rolleyes: Also....you're forgetting there's a plethora of options in the Eastern Hemisphere including Scandinavia, eastern and western Mediterranean and down under (Aussieland and New Zealand)

Since I prefer to leave from NY (only 3 times left from elsewhere)...I do ALOT of the same itineraries! But, for me it's all about the ship, any ship...sea days are my favorite. A ship could leave from NY, go under the Verrazano Bridge, tool around in the ocean for 8 days & come back...and I'd be happy!

Have not seen Canada or Mexican Riviera or Hawaii listed in your past cruise list. Since you're against Alaska and the Panama Canal, I just gave you three more options....you're welcome. (tongue firmly planted in cheek):rolleyes: Also....you're forgetting there's a plethora of options in the Eastern Hemisphere including Scandinavia, eastern and western Mediterranean and down under (Aussieland and New Zealand)

OK...Flying is not on my wife's "favorite list".:p

And we have lived for years in areas where -40 degrees F was a common winter experience...Since we lived, on or near, the Canadian border, we had enjoyed many of our northern-neighbor's highlghts and hospitality.

OK...maybe the Panama Canal...:) ... After another Western Caribbean trip and Bermuda...love Bermuda!

Maybe become those who simply cruise for the experience, rather than the ports... we'll see....as we'll enjoy making our way with all of you:)as well.

Mike

Not running out of of idea's, but I'm actually wanting to do something else after the next three cruise's are up. I think its time to start planning our Japan trip after our last cruise.. break things up a bit..

I'm hitting my 8th this fall and I feel as if I've already worn out the ports but I don't mind too much. I do want to do the Med next October so I'm looking somewhere between this November and next October to hit Platinum...Time is just the issue! haha

Archived