Suite Amenities Package, personal experience or info anyone?

Just got off the phone with HAL and purchased the Suite Amenities Package, Single, 7-10 days for $279 (there are two of us in our cabin). She did want to sell me the package for two, but I told her no, I didn't want it and no problem, she sold me the package for one.

My question (and she put me on hold and checked) was with the wine and liquor. We enjoy wine but not liquor and I wanted to make sure I could get four bottles of wines instead of the advertised 2 bottles of wine and 2 bottles of liquor. She told me that when the list arrives, you have several different options, just choose what you wish. So I am going to take her at her word. I will report back after our cruise (Jan 27-Feb 6 on Zuiderdam).

So you are saying because I am booked in a Deluxe Suite I have no access to the lower packages that includes the free bathrobes. That's not right. I've got a suite and if I want a monogramed bathrobe I have to pay an extra $55 because they are not included in the Suites category or at least you can't take them home.

The bathrobes in the Suite Amenities package are not free. There was a post a couple of years ago where someone broke down the cost of the Suite Amenities package, and it was very close to the sum of the included items that can be purchases separately. It is just the convenience of having the package deal. I think the only cost advantage may be in the included beverage set-up and which liquors or wines are selected.

Btw. I have purchased the 10-day package as well. I just like the convenience.

Dennis

Edited by kelleherdl

Just got off the phone with HAL and purchased the Suite Amenities Package, Single, 7-10 days for $279 (there are two of us in our cabin). She did want to sell me the package for two, but I told her no, I didn't want it and no problem, she sold me the package for one.

My question (and she put me on hold and checked) was with the wine and liquor. We enjoy wine but not liquor and I wanted to make sure I could get four bottles of wines instead of the advertised 2 bottles of wine and 2 bottles of liquor. She told me that when the list arrives, you have several different options, just choose what you wish. So I am going to take her at her word. I will report back after our cruise (Jan 27-Feb 6 on Zuiderdam).

I called them today, too, and asked the same question about substituting the Liquor for Wine since we don't drink Liquor. She told me no that it was two wine and two liquor. She didn't even try to sell it to me when I told her that we don't drink liquor and it wouldn't work for us. I even told her I was interested in purchasing the double. I guess it's all who you talk to!!!

Please report back and let us know since we don't sail until March. Thanks.

Edited by idiebabe

I called them today, too, and asked the same question about substituting the Liquor for Wine since we don't drink Liquor. She told me no that it was two wine and two liquor. She didn't even try to sell it to me when I told her that we don't drink liquor and it wouldn't work for us. I even told her I was interested in purchasing the double. I guess it's all who you talk to!!!

Please report back and let us know since we don't sail until March. Thanks.

I will definately report back upon our return, but until then, I orginally spoke with someone in excursions and they transfered me to Ship Services.

Saipoia Shimasaki

Ship Services Coordinator

sshimasaki@hollandamerica.com

Holland America Line| Ship Services |(: 800.541.1576

Maybe try your luck with her. It never hurts to ask.

I will definately report back upon our return, but until then, I orginally spoke with someone in excursions and they transfered me to Ship Services.

Saipoia Shimasaki

Ship Services Coordinator

sshimasaki@hollandamerica.com

Holland America Line| Ship Services |(: 800.541.1576

Maybe try your luck with her. It never hurts to ask.

Thank you! Appreciate the info!!! Have a GREAT cruise!!!

Just returned from a New Years cruise on the Oosterdam. Purchased the SA indulgences package for $379. This covered both of us on a 7 night cruise. We got it to enhance our K-class inside cabin experience.

We thought it was worth it and made room in our luggage home for the unopened package of monogrammed HAL robes. Per another CCer's advice, we used the ones provided on the cruise.

Moneywise, I believe it did save money. Here is the breakdown:

$100 (2) bathrobes, monogrammed with 3 letters. We chose MOM and DAD. :)

$100 (2) $50 beverage cards. I thought we would only receive one of these.

$ 80 (2) one litre bottles of liquor. We traded for one bottle of Bombay Blue Sapphire (Family Tradition) but there were plenty of decent choices on the list.

$ 80 (2) 750ml bottles of wine. I wondered about the selections but the two we got, Diseno Malbec and Alice White Shiraz, were very drinkable right after opening.

$ 50 (1) dinner for 2 at the Pinnacle Grill. Excellent food and service. A real treat.

$ 47 Unlimited laundry. Very nice!

$ -- Daily canapes or "afternoon tea" delivered to your cabin. The canapes arrived the first day. Not impressive so we switched. The tea is hot water and a selection of Bigelow teas, small bites and desserts. These are the same items as the daily afternoon teas in the MDR and I would prefer going there and taking just what we will eat.

$Priceless - This package gives you an excellent breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill the morning of debarkation. We received a pleasant surprise when we were placed in the Suite debarkation group, just after those taking their own luggage off the ship

This totals $457, at ship prices, plus the last two items. We were very happy with the value. Not sure we'll do it again unless we want HAL robes to give others as a gift. With their embroidered initials; not ours, of course. ;)

We got an upsell to an actual suite so we cancelled this package. So I won't be able to tell you anything about it on my return-sorry.

Isn't there also a package for people who are already in a suite? Does anybody know what that package includes? I wouldn't ordinarily consider it, but for our 25th anniversary I thought it might be a nice surprise if it included things we would be interested in.

They do have several package upgrade deals if you are in a suite but when I saw the $$$ they wanted I declined pretty fast. But for you 25th it would be worth looking into.

I found the suite packages on the website but maybe it showed up because I am booked in a suite.

Isn't there also a package for people who are already in a suite? Does anybody know what that package includes? I wouldn't ordinarily consider it, but for our 25th anniversary I thought it might be a nice surprise if it included things we would be interested in.

I think you are thinking of this package - pricing varies on the length of the voyage - from the packages in on board booking - here you go:

Suite Elite Package, Double, 7-10 days-R&S

couples.jpg

The Suite Elite Package is a wonderful way to make the most of your cruise vacation. You'll enjoy in-suite beverages including two bottles of wine of your choice and two bottles of your favorite liquor. Plus enjoy activities like access to the Thermal Suite located in the Greenhouse Spa, a cooking class at the Culinary Arts Center, one Premium Wine Tasting led by the Cellar Master, a memorable dinner at the elegant Pinnacle Grill, and truffles delivered to your suite in the evening. Also includes an internet time package of 100 minutes and a $50 beverage card. Pricing of the package applies to double occupancy on sailings 7-10 days on the following R&S class ships: Statendam, Maasdam, Ryndam, Veendam, Rotterdam, Volendam, Zaandam and Amsterdam. Pinnacle Grill dinner reservations to be made by the guest on board. A 15% service charge is included in the price of the item. You must be 21 years of age or older to order and receive alcoholic beverages.

I can offer some advice on the Suite Elite Package – don’t get it. You’re much better off purchasing the items piecemeal as you want/need them. We purchased the package for a month-long cruise in March 2010 and although we eventually enjoyed most of its benefits there were some problems. It seemed that we had to “fight” to get everything the package entitled us to. The Neptune Lounge and the Pinnacle grill had no idea we got the package and we had to produce a receipt for proof. The cooking class reservations made by the Neptune Lounge turned out to be incorrect and we were not allowed to participate. The wine selections we ordered were all wrong, and the Thermal Suite folks had no record of us having paid for its use.

We didn’t consider any of these issues major nor did they have an impact on the total quality of our cruise – we had a great time. Nevertheless they’re not the kind of small annoyances one wants to deal with on a vacation.

Towards the end of the cruise we were fortunate enough to have dinner with the HM. He explained that while the Suite Elite Package sounds great and that HAL just loves to sell it, there is a disconnect between marketing that product and actually getting it delivered effectively to the customer.

Buy that stuff on the ship or “gift” yourself the wine packages ahead of time. That’s what we plan to do in the future. Have a great trip – we always do on HAL.

Please keep in mind though that our experience was nearly two years ago. We'd be anxious to hear of recent comments regarding this package.

Bruce

I think you are thinking of this package - pricing varies on the length of the voyage - from the packages in on board booking - here you go:

Suite Elite Package, Double, 7-10 days-R&S

couples.jpg

The Suite Elite Package is a wonderful way to make the most of your cruise vacation. You'll enjoy in-suite beverages including two bottles of wine of your choice and two bottles of your favorite liquor. Plus enjoy activities like access to the Thermal Suite located in the Greenhouse Spa, a cooking class at the Culinary Arts Center, one Premium Wine Tasting led by the Cellar Master, a memorable dinner at the elegant Pinnacle Grill, and truffles delivered to your suite in the evening. Also includes an internet time package of 100 minutes and a $50 beverage card. Pricing of the package applies to double occupancy on sailings 7-10 days on the following R&S class ships: Statendam, Maasdam, Ryndam, Veendam, Rotterdam, Volendam, Zaandam and Amsterdam. Pinnacle Grill dinner reservations to be made by the guest on board. A 15% service charge is included in the price of the item. You must be 21 years of age or older to order and receive alcoholic beverages.

I can offer some advice on the Suite Elite Package – don’t get it. You’re much better off purchasing the items piecemeal as you want/need them. We purchased the package for a month-long cruise in March 2010 and although we eventually enjoyed most of its benefits there were some problems. It seemed that we had to “fight” to get everything the package entitled us to. The Neptune Lounge and the Pinnacle grill had no idea we got the package and we had to produce a receipt for proof. The cooking class reservations made by the Neptune Lounge turned out to be incorrect and we were not allowed to participate. The wine selections we ordered were all wrong, and the Thermal Suite folks had no record of us having paid for its use.

We didn’t consider any of these issues major nor did they have an impact on the total quality of our cruise – we had a great time. Nevertheless they’re not the kind of small annoyances one wants to deal with on a vacation.

Towards the end of the cruise we were fortunate enough to have dinner with the HM. He explained that while the Suite Elite Package sounds great and that HAL just loves to sell it, there is a disconnect between marketing that product and actually getting it delivered effectively to the customer.

Buy that stuff on the ship or “gift” yourself the wine packages ahead of time. That’s what we plan to do in the future. Have a great trip – we always do on HAL.

Please keep in mind though that our experience was nearly two years ago. We'd be anxious to hear of recent comments regarding this package.

Bruce

Thanks for the information. In looking at what's included, I think we would be better off just purchasing the things that are important to us and not getting the package. I'd much rather select wine from the entire wine list to supplement what we bring on-board than be limited to the package selections and then get two bottles of liquor that we don't really want. I do think if we weren't already in a Deluxe Suite that the amenities package would be well worth it.

Looked good until I saw the wine list they are "Wine Selection from the Naviator's Choice" these are 8 to 10 dollar wines(which is ok if your not really into fine wine), for liquour I like Hennessy which they have listed at 4-1, so no thanks.

• 1 year later...
We had 4 in cabin 2 adults and only one of us booked package. Not a problem and never any questions regarding it

Today, i looked at my booking and it is not listed at all.

Tamsocal, did you go to the pinnacle grill for disembarkation breakfast? If so how was it?

Lastly, what ship were you on?

Today, i looked at my booking and it is not listed at all.

Tamsocal, did you go to the pinnacle grill for disembarkation breakfast? If so how was it?

Lastly, what ship were you on?

We were on oosterdam, but had suite elite package so breakfast was already included daily at pinnacle. It was great and is definitely one of the nice perks for our family with suites to have a quiet start to our morning and with excellent service

We were on oosterdam, but had suite elite package so breakfast was already included daily at pinnacle. It was great and is definitely one of the nice perks for our family with suites to have a quiet start to our morning and with excellent service

Thanks so much for answering!

Can anyone elaborate on how the standard suite package, worked for them on a b2b 2 week cruise???

How was turn around day?

SOOO much conflicting info from HAL...

I had the suite elite on a B2B, I don't recall any issues about time we were not allowed to use thermal suite if that us what you are referring to. There were people on tours though. Ours was purchased as full voyage though as it was a coastal combined with another so sold as 1 long or 2 short cruises.

What else specifically were you wondering about turn around day?

I can ask this month while on board :)

Edited by tamsocal

I had the suite elite on a B2B, I don't recall any issues about time we were not allowed to use thermal suite if that us what you are referring to. There were people on tours though. Ours was purchased as full voyage though as it was a coastal combined with another so sold as 1 long or 2 short cruises.

What else specifically were you wondering about turn around day?

I can ask this month while on board :)

We have only ever been in a suite on HAL so that is our only experience...

But for standard rooms and signature suites, that book the Suite package, (the standard one, not the one for deluxe suites) the definition of what you get for a B2B is vague.

We have heard from diff ships services staff that on turn around day, you get the special disembarkation privileges, and breakfast in the PG, some have said its for turn around day and disembarkation and some say just for your final disembarkation day.

Also its vague if you get double everything since its a b2b, some have said yes, some say no... Like second bottles of liquor and wine, second arrangement, or PG dinner, or bathrobe etc etc. Some say the unlimited laundry is complimentary, as it states in the description, others say you pay for it.

I asked what you get for the additional money, (7 vs 14 days, 1 person vs 2 people) and got three different answers.

It looks like a great package but HAL just can't define what you get for what you are paying for.

Edited by surfergirle

We have only ever been in a suite on HAL so that is our only experience...

But for standard rooms and signature suites, that book the Suite package, (the standard one, not the one for deluxe suites) the definition of what you get for a B2B is vague.

We have heard from diff ships services staff that on turn around day, you get the special disembarkation privileges, and breakfast in the PG, some have said its for turn around day and disembarkation and some say just for your final disembarkation day.

Also its vague if you get double everything since its a b2b, some have said yes, some say no... Like second bottles of liquor and wine, second arrangement, or PG dinner, or bathrobe etc etc. Some say the unlimited laundry is complimentary, as it states in the description, others say you pay for it.

I asked what you get for the additional money, (7 vs 14 days, 1 person vs 2 people) and got three different answers.

It looks like a great package but HAL just can't define what you get for what you are paying for.

Have you tried emailing to get the response. In writing ?

When we booked the cruise there were specific prices for 2 cruise segments or 1 long cruise segment . In the online booking there was only one option for price of the package. It was the long length - I am blanking now but I think we had a 5 day and 8 day cruise or book the 13 days. We booked 13.

We paid for the package that was 13 days. So I only expected the package once and no extras mid cruise.

If you are paying twice for each package at the lower rate then I would expect double of everything

If they will sell you the longer rate package I would think that would be the better deal but not even sure they would. I'm sure you could many many answers to this one :)

Will be interesting to see what happens and what u get :)

Have you tried emailing to get the response. In writing ?

Oh yes,

and they are conflicting as well.

A B2B, package for 2, is just a problem waiting to happen.

If we decide to order it, i just see many issues, but it is a good value if you are already going to do the unlimited laundry and pressing for 14 days.

I do not want to be that gal having to whip out emails. Right now its up in the air, there is so much conflicting info.

they just need a little chart, and its good to go.

Oh yes,

and they are conflicting as well.

A B2B, package for 2, is just a problem waiting to happen.

If we decide to order it, i just see many issues, but it is a good value if you are already going to do the unlimited laundry and pressing for 14 days.

I do not want to be that gal having to whip out emails. Right now its up in the air, there is so much conflicting info.

they just need a little chart, and its good to go.

I forgot to say, if it was a 1 person 7 day package that would be easy, but when asking what is for two, its always diff, when asking how it works on a b2b, that is always diff, when asking about turn around day, that is always diff.