Can you really carry food from International Cafe around ship?

flashdog_1

Desserts and donuts DEFINITELY find their way back to MY cabin :p Wish they had the donuts all day

You can always stash away some extras in your cabin for later. :p

In the early mornings I always get something to eat & sit at the Internet cafe when checking my email but during the day when it gets crowded I'm sure people would be upset if seating were limited.

I confess:

On the day before disembarkation, I bring juice, milk, and pastries from the buffet and/or IC. The juice goes in the stateroom fridge. Then we have a continental breakfast ready and waiting before we leave the cabin on disembarkation day. That we we can sleep in a little more before they make us go home.

Hi

We spent 14 days on the Golden last October and there are tables and chairs next to the IC, there is a large bar right next to it. There are also tables and chairs in the Piazza. synet165:)

THe international cafe is not meant to be a buffet, and yes, their selections are far less than the buffet but that is intentional. What they offer is fabulous. It is not only in the presentation but in the taste and selection. I love the yogurt parfait for breakfast - perfect with a latte and just enough without being faced with a ton of food offered at the buffet. Lunch consists of a couple of those sandwiches and an ice cold beer at the bar to the left. Perfect, again, without being weighed down carbohydrate laden fare and food covered in high caloric, dense sauces offered at the buffet. But the great thing about the ship is choices. What you might consider appetizers, I consider a meal. And after a day or two on the ship, I relish different, light choices - just personal preference. Fortunately, most people, like you, go to the buffet and use the IC for snacks. ;)

Perhaps because I don't drink much alcohol or coffee I am missing out on the IC?:D+ I truly do view the IC as a snack bar, but I have learned today that one person's snack is another person's meal;)

First thing in the morning I would go down to I. C. & grab a couple of the freshly baked chocolate puff pastries & almond croissants (still warm) and walk straight into the dining room for breakfast. They taste far superior than the ones offered in the dining room.

Mmmmmm........I can't wait until this Sat.......I will be lining up at the I.C........mmmmmm......

First thing in the morning I would go down to I. C. & grab a couple of the freshly baked chocolate puff pastries & almond croissants (still warm) and walk straight into the dining room for breakfast. They taste far superior than the ones offered in the dining room.

Mmmmmm........I can't wait until this Sat.......I will be lining up at the I.C........mmmmmm......

Oh, Man! I miss those almond croissants!

Food is at no cost (except for the IC's that have gelato which is 3 scoops for $1.50).

Beverages, other than tap water and milk, have a cost.

My husband and I were just on the Caribbean Princess and we had NO CLUE that the food in the IC was free!!:eek: We assumed everyone was paying for those tasty treats since they charge for the coffee. And, since the treats were behind a glass case, I assumed you had to pay for them. I was there quite often since I purchased a coffee card. There were always at least 5 or so people in line for the food and the same for the coffee.

Lots of people walking around with those treats with no problems.

So can you get milk at no charge at the IC?

Thanks for any info?

I have only seen coffee, tea, coffee specialty drinks for purchase at the IC but no complimentary drinks such as milk. I believe that milk is only available in the buffet, MDR or breakfast room service. I think that the IC has hot chocolate which you may have to pay for but have seen packets of the powdered packaged version for free in the buffet.

I have only seen coffee, tea, coffee specialty drinks for purchase at the IC but no complimentary drinks such as milk. I believe that milk is only available in the buffet, MDR or breakfast room service. I think that the IC has hot chocolate which you may have to pay for but have seen packets of the powdered packaged version for free in the buffet.

They have the milk to go along with the delicious fresh cookies.

There are some tables in the Piazza near the IC on the Golden, but often, especially when there were musicians performing there, all the tables and chairs, and even the edges of the planters were in use. So I imagine many would just take their plates and beverages and head for the nearest lounge. I would often get a mid-afternoon snack and take it elsewhere (to the Explorers for the 4:30 trivia match or our cabin). I even brought my hubby a lime tart along with a chicken burger from the poolside grille when he was playing his guitar near the Vista Lounge. Not a problem bringing food from one place to another.

They have the milk to go along with the delicious fresh cookies.

Thanks for your response, but can you clarify it a bit.

Can you actually ask for a glass of milk anytime, or is it just available when they offer the cookies in the afternoon?

Appreciate any info on this.

Glasses of milk are also available in the Horizon Court during afternoon snack time as well as cookies (not hot from the oven).

You can always get a container of milk at the breakfast buffet and put it in your refrigerator for later or order it from room service along with your meal -- no charge for the milk.

The Caribbean Princess IC does not have gelato. There are tables and chairs in the vicinity but the occupants really move away. They seem to stay there forever. Best bet since you often will re-enter the ship around deck 5 is to take your food either back to your cabin or up to the buffet area to enjoy it without having to wait for a seat. If you go up to the buffet area, you can get water, coffee, hot or cold tea as well. There is always food up in the buffet area no matter what time it is. Also, you may want to get a slice of pizza, ice cream, fresh fruit as well.

The IC is handy as an alternative to the buffet or room service. For some it is a snack, for others it is a meal.

The salads and sandwiches are the same daily but the soup and the desserts change.

MARAPRINCE

You can always get a container of milk at the breakfast buffet and put it in your refrigerator for later

It has been over a year since I have seen a small container of milk on Princess. At the buffet they have it in a pitcher, having been poured into that from a large carton.

Well, the food sounds wonderful and we'll find a way!

Are the lines usually tremendous? But they're open ALL the time, aren't they?

Closer than the buffet, are there lounge chairs and tables out on the promenade that might be a shorter walk?

On our recent British Isles Crown cruise the gangway was located on Deck 5 close to IC. This is the 1st time I have seen the IC stripped bare of food by returing passengers !!! A lot of the excursions got back late and the cold, wet and hungry passengers picked up a little someting on the way to the cabin.

On our recent British Isles Crown cruise the gangway was located on Deck 5 close to IC. This is the 1st time I have seen the IC stripped bare of food by returing passengers !!! A lot of the excursions got back late and the cold, wet and hungry passengers picked up a little someting on the way to the cabin.

how funny!

It has been over a year since I have seen a small container of milk on Princess. At the buffet they have it in a pitcher, having been poured into that from a large carton.

The only problem I have with them pouring a glass of milk from the pitchers on the counter is that sometimes it sits there for a while & the milk is lukewarm.

The only problem I have with them pouring a glass of milk from the pitchers on the counter is that sometimes it sits there for a while & the milk is lukewarm.

I agree, but they still will not have the small cartons. I tell the server that I need cold milk, not warm, and he/she will go back and get some.

We also thought that the fare offered in the IC area was for sale and the first few days did not partake of it.

By the third day, I watched other folks get food and it looked so good I got some too.

I can't believe how shy one can be in the company of a lot of strangers.

The quiche was absolutely the best I've had, anywhere. We also turned the International Cafe into our mealtime for lunches.......the food is excellent.

The croissant sandwiches were so yummy.

We always found a seat, if not on the couches than we found a table and chairs.

Luckily I knew that the food there was free thanks to postings on CC.

I quickly became addicted to the Chicken Salad. After every port call, I would grab some (asking for extra) and something else and head up to my balcony to watch all the late people running towards the ship. I did not miss the IC Chicken Salad a single day.

In June, I was amazed to see large plates of food from IC toted round the ship, passengers walking and eating, food smeared on their faces, dropping scraps on the carpet.

But what truly grossed me out were slobs getting on elevators with IC plates mounded with pastries, shrimp and chicken salad, chewing noisily, nauseating others held captive on a packed elevator. Were these slobs so desparate to eat everything in sight that they had to chow down in the elevator before tearing into Horizon buffett?

Funny story: several times I boarded an elevator only to see disgusting plates with half eaten food left on the elevator floor. There for all of us to admire. Like dog droppings.

Now that's what I call classy behavior!

In June, I was amazed to see large plates of food from IC toted round the ship, passengers walking and eating, food smeared on their faces, dropping scraps on the carpet.

But what truly grossed me out were slobs getting on elevators with IC plates mounded with pastries, shrimp and chicken salad, chewing noisily, nauseating others held captive on a packed elevator. Were these slobs so desparate to eat everything in sight that they had to chow down in the elevator before tearing into Horizon buffett?

Funny story: several times I boarded an elevator only to see disgusting plates with half eaten food left on the elevator floor. There for all of us to admire. Like dog droppings.

Now that's what I call classy behavior!

I always find it so interesting how, while on vacation, it's important to notice how much other's either do or do not eat! I find that I'm too busy with my own indulgence to really notice other's.

I don't much like seeing plates/glasses or food being left in any area of the ship other than the dining rooms or places where the food is served.

Princess is usually very good about cleaning and picking up after those who choose to be rude and leave messes for other's to clean in all areas of the ship.

Archived