Using Medical Service & reimbursement

eqj60

Hi all,

We were on the Emerald Princess for the TA left FLL 4/27 & disembarked at Copenhagen 5/13/11. Wonderful trip- great sea days & ports.

At Falmouth, UK, I twisted my ankle badly as we approached the entarnce to the tender dock on our way back to the ship- bad fall but nothing broken. I did go to the Medical Services on board- very professional & efficient, did to get an Air-cast so I could have some mobility for the rest of the ports. Was checked again 4 days later & got an ankle brace- Total cost for all services & equipment = <$300.

When we contacted CSA our travel insurance co. they suggested checking if our medical insurance would cover.

Just got the check from Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (paid in full minus a $35 copay!!)

Except for the lingering discomfort in my ankle (I know I really pushed it at all the remaining ports) I am very pleased with the final outcome & thought I would share.

Regards, El

Sorry you had a painful accident. Hope it heals quickly and completely. Thanks for posting, it's so nice to read something positive for a change. Glad you had a good experience with medical center and your insurance carrier.

Will CSA cover the $35 copay?

We were on the Star in May and I had what I believe to be food poisoning, not the dreaded Norovirus (also on the ship). I did go to the Medical Center and was treated very professionally and best yet, cured!! I was quarantined for 24 hours so missed Athens but we had been there before so no big deal. Total bill was $146.65. When we got home I filed with our Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal Employees medical plan. I also have Medicare and was told not to bother filing with them as they would not pay. I also filed with CSA thinking that the other insurance would not pay for everything.

Well, within a week of filing with the medical plan I received the total in full!! No deductible. I called CSA and told them to disregard the claim. Doesn't get any better!!!

<<<Karen>>>

CSA should cover your $35 copayment. They will want a copy of the EOB and the forms filled out.

I agree. When we had a co-pay with our health insurance, travel insurance has always taken care of that. When I lost my diamond on the Sapphire, travel insurance paid my homeowner's deductible.

My wife suffered from a migrane headache on our CB Cruise, we were charged $135.00 U.S. for treatment in the ships sick bay, our travel and medical insurance covered it all. The Doctor was great and really knew how to help her, we aere able to go to the Chef's Table dinner that night, usually it takes her two days to recover.

Ken

countdown.pl?image=santorini2&name=tgwabd&date=8-8-2011&text=good to go!&ship=Ruby Princess

Archived