deck nine overhang picture

Laurab23

Does anyone have a picture that shows what the overhang would look like?I want my husband to see it before we book.Trying to decide between deck 8 and 9.

Thanks

Laura

Any overhang on those decks will be from the balcony above.

Does anyone have a picture that shows what the overhang would look like?I want my husband to see it before we book.Trying to decide between deck 8 and 9.

Thanks

Laura

Laura, I don't have a photo but I can explain it to you. Have you ever noticed when you are in the buffet area or pool area that the floor extends out like a big bay window? That is what creates the infamous overhangs on the balconies of deck 9. I once had a concierge cabin on deck 9 of an M class ship and there are three reasons why I would never book it again. Noise from the public areas above it sometimes made it difficult to sleep and woke me up at the crack of dawn. It makes the balcony seem dark. You have to lean over the balcony to get a good picture or the overhang will be in it.

Hi Laura -

These photos were taken from Solstice sky suite 2121. We actually love the large overhang as the hot sun is not in the cabin all day. We enjoy our balcony for reading and relaxing not for sunbathing. So for us it's perfect. We had no problem with noise from the deck above. Hope this helps.

Patty

1249466469_20081214-cruise-1031.jpg.79ac38953146a19891fada7cd7472053.jpg

434197503_20081214-cruise-1033.jpg.6a3df02291b059ee0ddda4726eed7aa1.jpg

Edited by Smoke Fan

IMG_3739.jpgDo you mean on an M class ship? If so, we were in a deck 9 C3 cabin, below the buffet. We heard no noise from above, but we did have an overhang. If I had to choose on this deck again, I liked the more aft location (below buffet instead of pool) and would try to choose to be between the bump-outs as you get a little more sky view. Here I am standing on the deck of 9124.

IMG_3739.jpg

IMG_3739.jpg

Thanks everyone.

Another questions-what are the afts on deck 9 like?We are now thinking of 9162.Any thoughts would be helpful.

Laura

Laura, the aft CC cabins on deck 9 are wonderful. Their balconies are huge and we did not have any noise issues.

Edited by Bridge Maven

We just (an hour ago) returned from the Celebrity Cruise to Bermuda and had Cabins 9141 and 9145. I thought they were perfect. The view was great and I liked having a bit of shade so you could sit outside even when it was very hot. I only heard the deck chairs being dragged once, but my DH said he heard them very early several mornings. (I didn't find them as loud as his snoring - cough, cough).

The cabins were just a few steps from the main elevators which made going to the MDR and leaving the ship very quick and also from the stairs to the buffet and pool, not to mention the Champagne and Martini Bars. I would certainly book them again.

Thanks everyone.

Another questions-what are the afts on deck 9 like?We are now thinking of 9162.Any thoughts would be helpful.

Laura

I presume you are speaking of one of the M class ships - Summit, Millennium, Infinity or Constellation.

The aft CC cabins are wonderful. The cabin size is the same as the other CC cabins on the ship but the veranda is easily 6 to 10 times the normal size depending on if you are on deck 9,8 or 7. Nine is the smallest and deck 7 is the largest but all of them are so huge that the size difference is meaningless relative to the standard CC side facing cabins. Here are some photos of an AFt on deck 8 of the Constellation:

http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises/Cruise-Ship-Rooms-and-Features/Aft-Cabin-on-Celebrity/2909149_4hRJN#156621720_B7cyW

That photo is before the recent refurbishment but it is the same except for the TV set, and interior soft goods (upholstery, carpeting, curtains, etc). Also look here or here.

If you have a chance for deck 7 or 8 I'd prefer those, as there will be some minor noise from deck 10 above, but I'd quickly take deck 9 if 7 or 8 were not available.

We were just on deck nine on the Summit. I loved the overhang but it wasn't under a bump out just the regular overhand. We were in 9083 which was a cc not too far from the elevators. It was so convenient to the buffet and the pool and the nightclub. We loved just taking the stairs up one flight. We heard very little noise. Once or twice I thought I heard someone running overhead but it certainly wasn't annoying. We loved that we could sit out and not get burned. You didn't get much direct sun but it was certainly bright and sunny, just not glaring on you. I would get that cabin again. I might have a picture and if so will post later.

Thanks

Laura

Hi Laura,

I was just in 8046 on Summit and when I looked up from my balcony, the deck nine balcony looked totally overshadowed by that overhang. I doubt that you will be able to look up and see the sky. I would definately go with deck 8. Unless you are talking aft, than I would jump at any of them. Prefer deck 7, 8, and 9 in that order for aft.

Anne

Hi Laura,

I was just in 8046 on Summit and when I looked up from my balcony, the deck nine balcony looked totally overshadowed by that overhang. I doubt that you will be able to look up and see the sky. I would definately go with deck 8. Unless you are talking aft, than I would jump at any of them. Prefer deck 7, 8, and 9 in that order for aft.

Anne

Hi Anne, welcome home and hope you had a great cruise:) I hope you

are able to sail again in September;)

Thanks

Laura

I don't know if you are still looking for pictures from Deck 9 on the M-class ships, but here is a picture looking from the balcony of CC 9048 on the Millennium. I am sorry that I cannot give credit to the photographer, as I didn't make a note of it (very, very sorry :( ).

645482396_fq97G-L.jpg

Does anyone have any info on the overhang, on The Century.First cruise for DH and I.Alaska, Aug 2011. We've booked a C1, Deck 9, mid ship. From what I can gather looking at deck plans we have the Penthouse deck above us, then decks 11 (resort deck) and 12 (sport deck) that have overhanging balconies. Would those affect us on Deck 9. Thanks very much for any input

I just booked 9048 for the TA in November on the Constellation. Do you have any other pictures? I got the last C2 available today and was a little disappointed about the overhang for that time of year.

Laura

Thanks

Laura

It depends on where you are. We were just on the Summit in 9015. It's almost all the way forward. We had the Spa above us and a break in the overhang. I'm going to try to include 2 pictures that will show you. That's my husband on our veranda.

1091437597_Summit9015.jpg.721d6a18c5f7892fddf98eef7d259f7b.jpg

102523268_Summit9015Closer.jpg.2952d6e8cbfd76c68b38f84b9cf77668.jpg

Thanks everyone.We ended up booking a deck nine aft balcony.Can't wait to sit on that balcony and run up 1 set of stairs for some food.

Laura

Laura, I think that was an excellent decision that you won't regret. Have a wonderful cruise :)

This will be our first cruise on Celebrity. We booked on line a CC 3 cabin and were given room 9114. I never even thought/knew to consider any overhangs!! I am not worried about noise and we are cruiseing this November so sun/no sun will not be a worry.

Just curious if anyone has been in this cabin and can tell us what to expect!!

We are really excited about trying celebrity...we are HAL fans but ready to expand our horizons!!

Thanks for any info. :)

• 3 years later...
Thank you for the picture. Just upgraded to 9048 for July 2015 Alaska cruise. Can you tell me is the bed by bath or veranda? CRL says it's by bath.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! I see this is your first post. You may have inadvertently resurrected a post from 2011. Let's see if we can get you some more current information. First of all, we need to know which ship you are sailing!

Thank you for the picture. Just upgraded to 9048 for July 2015 Alaska cruise. Can you tell me is the bed by bath or veranda? CRL says it's by bath.

It appears you are on Millennium, (there is no 9048 on S class) and bed position does not alternate on M class. It is always by the bath. EM