Best way from FLL airport to Maimi Hotel?

ssatterly

We will be flying into FLL airport via southwest. The going for a 1 night precruise stay in Maimi. Whats the best way to get from FLL to miami hotel? Somewhere i read about a train or subway from one airport to the next is that right? And what hotels will offer a free or cheao shuttle from hotel to port?

the train does not come to either airport and is a commuter train. so you have to take a bus to the train, and then a bus from the train in Miami.

.. take SAS shuttle. Not trirail.

How many are there? It might be better to take a taxi if there are 4 of you.

We will be flying into FLL airport via southwest. The going for a 1 night precruise stay in Maimi. Whats the best way to get from FLL to miami hotel? Somewhere i read about a train or subway from one airport to the next is that right? And what hotels will offer a free or cheao shuttle from hotel to port?

you don't want to lug your luggage on and off a train.

Best way for 2 is SAS shuttle.

If there are 4 of you grab a towncar outside the terminal. About $70 for the ride and super comfortable

the train does not come to either airport and is a commuter train. so you have to take a bus to the train, and then a bus from the train in Miami.

.. take SAS shuttle. Not trirail.

How many are there? It might be better to take a taxi if there are 4 of you.

Thee will be 3 of us... All with Liggage for a 10 day cruise.

Use the tri ral. The bus picks you up just inside the airport (free)& takes you to the train. $ 3.25 & super nice. Sas waits till it is completely full and takes 30 other people to their destinations. Sounds like a hassel to me. And they don't speak english at sas. Its miami, take the train!

Our experience with SAS last year was wonderful. (We now live inbetween FLL and Miami: YAY!) Their number is 954.600.0240 and will cost $10 per person. The owner was our driver to the terminal last year and he was super great. LOVED the service, we were the only passengers, we didn't wait on anyone else to join us, and we were at the terminal super early. They'd be your easiest option, then use hotel shuttles to and from the terminal. When SAS picks up at the terminal (if you aren't staying in Florida after your cruise) they'll tell you to call when you get to baggage claim, and by the time you're at the curb, they will be there to snap you right up. Have fun!

I know many here recommend SAS Transportation from FLL to Miami.... but I wanted you all to know that we actually had a bad experience with them two years ago.

We booked and received confirmation, but the morning of our cruise, we were to be picked up at the Hilton in FLL and brought to the Port of Miami. We waited, waited, waited.. no one showed.

We called the answering service, no one answered. We called the direct line, no one answered. The hotel finally helped us arrange transportation.

I tried to contact them all day, before we sailed. Left many messages. Never once did I receive a call of apology. I even emailed them from the ship. No response.

I give them the benefit of the doubt, because of all the rave reviews here.. but I wanted to let you know that there is certainly NOT 100% satisfaction.

Catrin

Another option that I have used is renting a car at the Fort Lauderdale airport and turning it in in Miami. I was staying at the Hyatt and there was a Budget drop-off about a block away. You don't get charged extra for one-way rentals in Florida. I drove the car so little I didn't even have to put gas in it.

Use the tri ral. The bus picks you up just inside the airport (free)& takes you to the train. $ 3.25 & super nice. Sas waits till it is completely full and takes 30 other people to their destinations. Sounds like a hassel to me. And they don't speak english at sas. Its miami, take the train!

wow are you full of misinformation. Used SAS numerous and was never in a vehicle that anywhere close to 30 people. Usually a van.

Spoke perfect english every time I used them. They are based in FLL not Miami.

Bill

Not true at all. They are taking us to POM when we want to go and Steve's english was perfect.

Our experience with SAS last year was wonderful. (We now live inbetween FLL and Miami: YAY!) Their number is 954.600.0240 and will cost $10 per person.

10.00 is a summer special and only if there are 4 or more people. Otherwise it is 15.00 per person

You'd seriously rather take a bus then a train with all of your luggage?

I've used SAS multiple times, and my experience has been wonderful. I've dealt with incredibly friendly people with perfect English. In my experience, they do not wait until it's full, and there's been maybe one other stop before getting to my hotel or the airport. The customer service with SAS is fantastic. I HIGHLY recommend them.

Archived