Planning for a 60th birthday celebration in Sydney Canada...

Ensatina

Hi - first post here! We are celebrating my sis's birthday on the Maasdam (leaving next week on 7/16/11), on the day we will be in Sydney, the day after we stop in Charlottetown.

I'm trying to figure out if there is anything special we can do, either on and/or off the ship.

I figure I can let staff know and at the least have cake at dinner... but is this anything I have to let them know when we first board, or just the day of? Of course, they will also know it his her birthday since they have her passport info... Do they do anything else, can we get a room somewhere to celebrate?

Or, does anyone know of a really good bakery in Sydney (or maybe even Charlottetown) or ice cream place in Syndey?

A good place for a nice lunch?

Any other ideas for making it super special?

Thanks!

Hi! :) Welcome to Cruise Critic, and Happy Birthday to Sis!

Just a couple of ideas, here. Is Sis a spa person? Perhaps she'd like a special massage? Or other treatment? How about a hair-do or manicure?

Would she enjoy dinner in the Pinnacle that night?

If you don't go to the Pinnacle, by all means let the steward know, in advance, if you'd like a cake after dinner. And ask if they can sing the special Indonesian birthday song. It's fun.

Have a great time on your cruise. And don't be a stranger on the board, either!

Welcome to cruise critic and to HAL. If you booked through a TA make sure they let HAL know there is a special occasion - and if you did it yourself, let them know.

Sydney may not be the be all to end all, but there is fantastic lobster in Atlantic Canada. Follow the advice above. The lobster and shell fish is fantastic up here. enjoy:) and welcome:)

We just returned from Maasdam and doing your cruise b-to-b Boston to Montreal to Boston. We have been on this itinerary before and chose to stay on the ship both visits this year.

However, I heard a few people mention they had lunch ashore and enjoyed it. I caution we have not personally tried this place but you may wish to do some asking and reading re:

http://governorseatery.com/

We always have lunch ashore in Charlottetown and really enjoy it. We've never had a bad lunch there and we've eaten in at least thee different spots near where the ship docks.

We just returned from Maasdam and doing your cruise b-to-b Boston to Montreal to Boston. We have been on this itinerary before and chose to stay on the ship both visits this year.

However, I heard a few people mention they had lunch ashore and enjoyed it. I caution we have not personally tried this place but you may wish to do some asking and reading re:

http://governorseatery.com/

We always have lunch ashore in Charlottetown and really enjoy it. We've never had a bad lunch there and we've eaten in at least thee different spots near where the ship docks.

Sorry..... I neglected to say we stayed aboard both visits to Sydney this year. We left the ship in all other ports.

Archived