back to back (different room)

I have done many B2B cruises but only once did I have to change cabins. It was a bit of a pain, as Celebrity doesn't really 'get it' with their B2B people. The cabin steward for the first week helped me move, but after I deposited my stuff, I was not allowed back into the cabin until after 1pm. I originally booked the first leg with a great rate on an inside. then I decided six days wasn't enough, and booked the next leg, keeping the same cabin. Terrific price drop on the second segment made OV cabins less than I paid for the inside, and a balcony was only $60 more...for a solo! then prices dropped for the first leg, so I upgraded to an OV, which was still cheaper than my inside rate. I was happy. EM

We did a back to back on the Glory with different rooms. There was no problem at all. We introduced ourselves to our second week room steward the first week. They cleaned our rooms first so we could move our bags in.

We did a back to back on the Glory with different rooms. There was no problem at all. We introduced ourselves to our second week room steward the first week. They cleaned our rooms first so we could move our bags in.

I've done 3 B2B's and only one did I have the same cabin. I had the same experience as Cooljt. It is a pain moving, but, CCL has it together and when they know you are B2B, they do all they can to help you, including trying to see if you can stay in the same cabin.

You don't have to pack completely. Just leave you stuff on the hangers and then exchange hangers at your new cabin.

But, my preference is B2B in the same cabin.

I haven't done B2B on Carnival, but am considering it on the Breeze next year (already booked on the transatlantic and considering the med cruise just before that). However, this year we did a B2B on Costa with a cabin change and it was easy (except for having to pack up our things). We got a note from the customer service acknowledging our cabin change and how to handle it. We just left our bags in the 1st cabin and the crew moved them to the new one. We had to check out, but could have checked back in immediately (but couldn't go to the new cabin right away). However, we chose to leave the ship because our kids and grandkids who were on the first leg with us were leaving the ship and we helped them with the kids and luggage. After they left we had to wait until 11:00 (had a couple hours to kill walking around the port) before we could get back on the ship.

What a great idea! I am looking at a B2B and the same category isn't available for both so I am thinking about switching cabins to do that. Thanks for the info!

Archived