Are you an after dinner changer?

helpthejuggler

Are you an after dinner quick change artist?  

416 members have voted

1. 1. Are you an after dinner quick change artist?

• Never, once dressed, we stay dressed
    • Sometimes, it depends on how we feel
    • I always change ASAP
    • Change down only on formal nights
    • Don't do formal dress, so make other dinner plans

That's kind of a rude thing to say. As I said, I like formal nights, but as far as comfortable...sure, my hubby is plenty comfortable. People who don't think correct formal wear couldn't possibly be uncomfortable have never worn a strapless bra, or are possibly flat chested.

Seeing as I chair a charity and we attend political fundraisers, I'm quote used to the gown horse & pony show. I enjoy getting dressed up, but I enjoy leaving a trail of my fine feathers behind me the moment I walk in the door more.

To quote a Seinfeld episode.."they're real, and they're awesome" and they require work. lol

The next time you buy formalwear, try to choose something that doesn't require a strapless bra. Strapless isn't the only way to go. Good luck and happy shopping!

I should say that I have a head-splitting migraine for two days now, and calling strangers on the internet flat-chested is not my normal M.O.

While I stand by my stance...that formal wear can be really uncomfortable for the ladies, no matter how much we love it, I'm not a fan of how I carried out the statements. So I apologize.

Back to my cold head-cloth and a dimly lit room...

I used to get migraines. They are not fun.

Whenever I have to buy formalwear, I stick to "my own style" and buy comfort and quality. There are garments made of beautiful fabrics and with beautiful cuts out there. They are expensive, I will admit, but I figure if I wear these clothes over and over again (with the same friends. I don't mind. They don't mind!), to me it is worth the price.

It takes a lot of "looking", but if you live in a major city, you should find. I have made enough family celebrations to know that the most difficult part is finding something for me to wear! I have to love it!

By the way, these clothes don't go on the cruises with me! I have Chico to thank for that!

You now have permission to change BEFORE the show and enjoy it. Get that monkey suit off!;)

LOL, thanks! Someone told me on a previous cruise that the formal night attire extends to the evening performance in the main theater as well...so that's why I've always complied.

I think this next cruise, will pull off the monkey suit before the show! :D

We used to change. Now we do not bother with formal clothing-we just do not eat in the MDR on those evenings. It has made packing a breeze. Formal nights in the MDR are no longer a draw for us-especially on Caribbean and Alaskan cruises.

Archived