Are you an after dinner changer?

helpthejuggler

Are you an after dinner quick change artist?  

416 members have voted

1. 1. Are you an after dinner quick change artist?

• Never, once dressed, we stay dressed
    • Sometimes, it depends on how we feel
    • I always change ASAP
    • Change down only on formal nights
    • Don't do formal dress, so make other dinner plans

windynme, Yes, but most evening gowns and cocktail dresses require a strapless bra, which is a lot more uncomfortable than a regular one. However, this has been a moot point recently because I now wear silk pants with a dressy top on formal nights, which is acceptable for formal night on a ship even though it is not really formal.

La senza has Great comfy strapless bras

Thankfully cruising is still a lot different from a resort vacation. A few years ago we went to a 5 star AI resort in Mexico which enforced a "strict" dress code in the a la carte restaurants; men had to wear long pants and no open toed shoes, women no swimwear or rubber flip flops. You should have seen the outrage and arguing at the entrance to the restaurants!

I couldn't believe that it was such a big deal to people. Next, we'll hear about people who want to eat naked because it's more comfortable.

Agree.

Cruise ships are floating resorts resorts these days. As far as most enjoying formal nights I think most think of it as something like going to the dentist. They would enjoy the cruise more if they did not have them. That is why people are changing out of the duds right after dinner.

I can not think of one good reason for formal nights on a cruise.

Floating Resorts? You got to be kidding? Its a cruise .Now the silly Dentist remark makes my think you're kidding .

It means I don't care anymore what people wear to dinner in the MDR on formal nights and I don't care want they wear after dinner. I will also wear what I feel comfortable wearing.

Do what you want.I'm just puzzeled why you would belittle folks that enjoy the night

:cj

Floating Resorts? You got to be kidding? Its a cruise .Now the silly Dentist remark makes my think you're kidding .

Ships have become floating resorts. Some of the ships I have been on lately you hardly know you are on the ocean. The ship has become the destination. Seeing how fast people get out of formal clothes after dinner indicates people don't want to be in formal clothes. And on recent cruises there have been many in the MDR who ignoring the formal evening.

Do what you want.I'm just puzzeled why you would belittle folks that enjoy the night

The people who claim they enjoy the formal nights are the ones making posts about underwear.

I think we can all be happy and not worry about what other people wear. Those who want to wear formal duds can wear them and those don't want to won't wear them.

Ships have become floating resorts. Some of the ships I have been on lately you hardly know you are on the ocean. The ship has become the destination. Seeing how fast people get out of formal clothes after dinner indicates people don't want to be in formal clothes. And on recent cruises there have been many in the MDR who ignoring the formal evening.

Ships like Oasis of the Seas are destination ships,I have little interest in them and would dress like I would going to Ocean City if I sailed on one.

Celebrity on the other hand...................................................

Cruise Lines have been targetting the resort crowd for years trying to grow their business. Rock Climbing Walls, Ice Skating Rinks, All Inclusive Drink Packages...A Lawn for heavens sake. They can't have it both ways by trying to retain the old cruise ship feel with tuxes and ball gowns.

See, I wouldn't read into this poll because I think the results are easily skewed. I, personally, change as soon as possible. I enjoy the formal nights and I don't think they are archaic as some would have you believe. I have seen teens at camps have to dress for dinner, and dressing for dinner is something we do in our own home one night a week.

I could probably count off on my hand fifteen families who still follow the dinner table rules of dressing appropriately at dinner. People aren't used to having "rules" involved with eating because a lot of families no longer eat together.

I get that some people don't enjoy formal nights, and maybe there should be more options provided (say, the dining that used to be offered in the buffet with waiter service).

So while I voted that I change, I still enjoy wearing appropriate attire. My not wanting to have to wear all those fine feathers to strut around the ship has more to do with the yards and yards of fabric and heeled shoes, and much less to do with "ill-fitting garments" as some poster pointed out.

Cruise Lines have been targetting the resort crowd for years trying to grow their business. Rock Climbing Walls, Ice Skating Rinks, All Inclusive Drink Packages...A Lawn for heavens sake. They can't have it both ways by trying to retain the old cruise ship feel with tuxes and ball gowns.

I missed the Rock Climbing Wall,Ice Skaking Rink.What Celebrity Ship are they on?.Did Celebrity add a Flow Runner too???

Ships like Oasis of the Seas are destination ships,I have little interest in them and would dress like I would going to Ocean City if I sailed on one.

Celebrity on the other hand...................................................

Celebrity on the other hand what? Their new ships are mega ships and destination ships.....

I missed the Rock Climbing Wall,Ice Skaking Rink.What Celebrity Ship are they on?.Did Celebrity add a Flow Runner too???

Please read my entire post...I said CRUISE LINES. But since you're asking specifically about Celebrity..Glass Blowing, All Inclusive Drink Packages and a Lawn. Yep, they're the first thing I think of about cruising. :cool:

Please read my entire post...I said CRUISE LINES. But since you're asking specifically about Celebrity..Glass Blowing, All Inclusive Drink Packages and a Lawn. Yep, they're the first thing I think of about cruising. :cool:

This is the Celebrity Board BTW:rolleyes:. What other lines are doing is irrelevent ,,Drink Packages are Big to some .Glass blowing I believe is not on the newer S class and I don't believe they are planning football for the lawn

I change after formal nights only - but then into what I normally would wear to the MDR, kind of business casual a nice top and chinos type trousers. Off with the pantyhose, heels, uncomfortable bra and make up - back to shoes I can walk in, a nice light moisturizer on my face and sane undergarments!

I used to have to play "dress up" every day for work, I didn't enjoy it then, not going to enjoy it now. I play by the rules, but wouldn't mind it if the rules changed! :D

I'm out of my formal clothes as soon as humanly possible.

I do the same at home, however. My husband was always amused when we'd come home from work about the same time, he'd visit the restroom or change his shoes and in 60 seconds I'd be in my pajamas.

LOL, ditto for me. If we're going to a show on formal night, will keep the penguin suit on though...but man, those shoes and all those clothes have GOT to come off. Casual please.

LOL, ditto for me. If we're going to a show on formal night, will keep the penguin suit on though...but man, those shoes and all those clothes have GOT to come off. Casual please.

You now have permission to change BEFORE the show and enjoy it. Get that monkey suit off!;)

RE: Are you a quick-change artist after dinner?

My answer is I'm off to bed after dinner; have to be up at the crack of dawn for next day's shore excursion!!! ccats :)

Archived