newbie - specialty restaurants

binkysmom

I've been looking through the posts and I'm a bit confused. Are the specialty restaurants (Jacques, Red Ginger etc) "free" or is there a surcharge? I'm not quite sure how it works on Oceania. My parents will be sailing on the Marina - in case that makes a difference. :D

thanks!

I've been looking through the posts and I'm a bit confused. Are the specialty restaurants (Jacques, Red Ginger etc) "free" or is there a surcharge? I'm not quite sure how it works on Oceania. My parents will be sailing on the Marina - in case that makes a difference. :D

thanks!

No extra charge, they are allowed 1 reservation in each one, but can get more if they are available

is it best to reserve on-line before the cruise?

Yes, depending on their cabin category after final payment. Some folks like to wait until they board to book in case they might want to join someone they met onboard. I personally do at least two reservations for just the two of us and the earlier you book the better chance of getting the time you prefer. It all depends on what your folks prefer early (6:30-8:00) or later (8-9). I take what is available. Either way they will not be able to book until after final payment which is 90 days prior.

thanks!

All 4 specialty restaurants on the Marina are free (as pointed out by others). Your parents will be entitled to 1 reservation in each restaurant (unless they are in a one of the suites, in which case they get 2 in each restaurant).

During the cruise additional reservations can be obtained on the daily basis (as available).

They are all great!

All 4 specialty restaurants on the Marina are free (as pointed out by others). Your parents will be entitled to 1 reservation in each restaurant (unless they are in a one of the suites, in which case they get 2 in each restaurant).

During the cruise additional reservations can be obtained on the daily basis (as available).

They are all great!

They are on the Marina Paul, do suites get 2 per:confused:. Is this new?

They are on the Marina Paul, do suites get 2 per:confused:. Is this new?

Debbie,

I believe all suites get 2; it's the PHs (and below) that get only one (that's what caused all the uproar).

Somebody will correct me if I am wrong.

Debbie,

I believe all suites get 2; it's the PHs (and below) that get only one (that's what caused all the uproar).

You are correct

O-Class Ship Marina-

Guests in Owners Suites, Vista Suites and Oceania Suites are are allowed two dining reservations in each specialty restaurant. Guests in all other stateroom categories are allowed one dining reservation in each specialty restaurant.

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/guestservices/faq.aspx?Cat=All

Debbie,

Must be the heat getting to me. I knew that:rolleyes:

Among the R ships (Nautica, Regatta & Insignia) levels including Concierge through Owners Suites are entitled to two reservations in each of the two specialty restaurants (Toscana and Pollo), for a total of four.

As on Marina, additional reservations can often be picked up on a daily basis. As with Marina it is best to book as soon as you can online to ensure you get the times you want.

Archived